Poll: will you get the new xbox, if the rumors are true?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Ultratwinkie said:
By the time the PS4 releases, PCs will be able to get more way power for less price.
It's not all about the power. It's about how that power is used and for what. And 8Gb of GDDR5 is insanely fast.
The memory bandwidth of the PS4 is 176 Gb/s according to Sony. Average gaming PC today has about 1/3 of that. And no, it's not cheaper to buy a PC that could match PS4 power yet. Maybe in raw power, if all you care about is the numbers. But in practice, PS4 is a lot more powerful than most gaming PC's today. As a PC gamer I have to say that I am very excited for the PS4. It's a lot of power being used very efficiently. You can't deny that.

We should be getting GDDR5 system memory for the PC sometime this year, but we still don't know how much RAM could we actually fit in one module. If we can have 4Gb or 8Gb modules that would be awesome. Anything less than that is just not worth it considering the fact that DDR4 is coming out in 2014 and it will have 32Gb modules. These next couple of years will be very interesting for the PC.

captcha: live free
SIR, YES SIR!

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
No, but I wasn't going to get it anyway, the rumours just gave me good reasons to steer clear of Microsoft's latest magnum opus.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
If the rumours are false? Probably not. I'm sick of drowning in ads every time I go to the Dashboard.

If they're true? Never in a million years, and I'll tell everyone I know to not buy one.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I'm still waiting to see. The always online rumor has me worried, but at the same time others have are saying that it isn't as Draconian as we think it is. Also, the "no used games" rumor seems to be in the air at the moment, as it seems more like it will be a developer's choice rather than some universal law that will affect every game on the system, and if that is the case, then I'll wait to see how different developers handle it. On the other hand, if the always online and no used games rumors are as bad as our greatest fears are, then I'll happily start debating whether or not I should pick up a PS4 or WiiU, acting as if Microsoft didn't exist in this console generation.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
alphamalet said:
1) The people who answer yes are fanboys who were going to buy it no matter what.
Yup, that's me. I mean if the rumors are true I'll wait for a price drop and get the PS4 first but... I do love me some Xbox, well more specifically I love me some Halo. And Halo is only on Xbox so I'ma get me some Xbox.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
If the rumors are true: No

If the rumors are false: No, not in the first few years. Most likely I'll pick one up for cheap near the end of the console cycle, alongside the exclusives.

Darquenaut

Feb 22, 2010
New week, new version of this thread, eh?

All seriousness though, I'm still confused what rumors we're talking about because they constantly change. Last one I heard is that the console itself isn't always-online, but publishers can set up always-online for their games. In any case, I'm not in favor of any Always-On DRM, but I am one of the very, very lucky people that has a really nice internet connection at a reasonable rate, so the rumors don't affect me.

My concern more than anything is the content of the games that will be on the console, which I'm not going to be finding out probably until May 21 or thereabouts when we are undoubtedly going to see a handful of leaks. If 720 is focused more on social aspects like the PS4 seems to be sliding, or if the initial catering of games is focused on multiplayer and co-op centric gameplay, I might have have to hold off this generation. Probably for the best since I got a massive backlog of games I need to get through from this generation.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I'll wait a while. A long while. I don't have the money for a new console anyways.
My dad or brother might end up getting it, so I'd still be able to play it--granted it's always connect.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Fuck no, even if always on DRM wasn't a high profile crime against the consumer, the hypothetical Xbox with this kind of DRM will inevitably have massive server issues, probably even worse than that of the Sims and Diablo, which were themselves PR disasters.

The things would be unplayable for weeks at minimum.

Either way, Microsoft doesn't really have any exclusives that interest me thus far, so they'll have to REALLY impress me with their launch lineup anyway. I'm talking a handful of really intriguing new IPs, xbox only, not for PC ever, meaning I'd have to buy a box to play them. Somehow I doubt this will come about.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Not at launch. Ideally, I'll wait for them to patch out the always online after they see how few people will tolerate it before I buy it, and this is coming from a pretty loyal Microsoft customer. If that doesn't happen, I'll get a used one when Halo 5 comes out.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
KevinHe92 said:
God no. I don't think anyone would. Seriously. I really doubt Microsoft can be THAT stupid. Right?

...right?
I'm afraid they can.

I will not be getting it no matter what. I am a playstation man at heart(if we are going by consoles). Also Sony has free online services. Microsoft doesn't.

Darquenaut said:
In any case, I'm not in favor of any Always-On DRM, but I am one of the very, very lucky people that has a really nice internet connection at a reasonable rate, so the rumors don't affect me.
Were you not listening to the Sims City debacle? you can have the best internet in the world, but that doesn't mean shit if the company's servers can't handle it.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Absolutely not, because 1) I am not an Xbox gamer and 2) I loathe draconian "always on" DRM.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Absolutely not, Microsoft can shove off if they think I am going to be treated like a criminal by them. Plus I would sooner go for the PS4 as it seems MS is too busy trying to shove the media box aspect to the forefront not the actual you know gaming which is what people actually want. At least Sony are focusing on gaming first.

LAGG

Jun 23, 2011
No. But anyway I'll only buy a console ever again when it comes with a trackball controller by default.