Poll: Will you stop buying Bioware?

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
If TOR goes free to play I'll play that, otherwise I won't. DA2 was awful, and I don't care what anyone says I'm not getting my hopes up for 3. ME3 doesn't have to be discussed.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Why can't people make a simple Thread/Poll that go hand in hand? If your answer to the thread title is yes then your answer to the poll will be no. Stop doing this people! If you want to answer YES to the thread title then answer YES to the poll should be the same answer. This is the second thread with this exact same topic that can't seem to get it right. Stop invalidating your own polls.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Depends on the game really but after DA2(which I enjoyed up until the ending)and ME3(same as DA2)I doubt I'll be forking over ?50 on launch day/week anymore.In future I'll probably wait until the games drop in price

Archer666

May 27, 2011
Bioware is making games that attract the kind of people that don't like the kind of games that Bioware makes. All it does it hurt their fanbase and it completely shattered whatever trust I had in them for delivering an entertaining product. SO yeah, I'm not giving them any of my money.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
How can they improve if I don't show my support when they make a good game? Of course they have to make a game I consider great first. None of their past titles made me trust them so I wouldn't buy anything full price, but if one perked my interest I'd buy it for $20.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Yeah. I'll ***** and I'll moan about buying Jade Empire 2 or Dragon Age 3 or whatever.

But I'll still fucking buy it.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well now that Bioware is a development label for EA, not an actual developer, theres inevitably something that will get made under it that ill want to buy.

No opinons on Mass Effect 3 were had.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
In short, I'm waiting for the Mass Effect 3 debacle to wrap itself up before deciding either way.

However, I am far closer to quitting Bioware than I ever thought possible. [small]seriously, how hard would it have been to NOT make the last five minutes of a game invalidate the entire purpose of playing it?[/small]

Alex Tom

Sep 25, 2011
Elcarsh said:
I don't understand the question, quite frankly. I mean, if a game is absolutely fantastic, I'm sure as hell not going to avoid buying it just because of who made it, am I? I'm not going to deny myself the pleasure of a great game just because I don't like the company that made and/or published it. Heck, I bought Anno 2070, didn't I?

Conversely, I'm certainly not going to buy a steaming piece of shit just because it's made by a company I love. And indeed; I didn't buy RAGE.
This, i don't buy games based on loyalty to a company...i buy games that i find fun

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
The only series they had that I cared about was Mass Effect, so probably not. That really depends on what Bioware does regarding the ending.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Seeing as it's likely to be a Dragon Age title and I'm hungry for news about both the Warden and Hawke, yeah, most likely. Yeah they fudged up the ending for ME3, but that doesn't mean the whole thing was a waste. With any luck they'll learn from the misstep, and at worse I'll come back to the internet and ***** some more, but I ***** because I love. Hopefully they learn from the DA2 and ME3 problems about fixing the endings properly. In the words of Miracle of Sound, over one of Gav's favorite punching bags:

But we still had a lot of fun,
Please don't think this comes from hate.
We ***** because we like you,
And we want you to be great.

Bioware still delivers on almost every account, so dropping them would just hurt me in the end.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
I've never bought a bioware game to begin with, so this won't have any effect on me. But people will say they won't buy...until a shiny new game comes out.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Biased poll is biased.

Also, your topic question and your poll question are reversed, meaning that any results will be confused at best, rendering your numbers meaningless.

Please people, if you are making a poll, make sure your topic question and the poll question are the same!

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
If they make something that peaks my interest, sure. They made a really good game with a great story, but managed to make one mistake that unfortunately turned out to be huge.

I'd go back to just not listening to any of the promises they make about their games, and I'm sure I'd be satisfied.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I'll buy the ending DLC. After that, no, could care less what they do from that point, but it's two games that were mishandled royally and one thoroughly average one in the past, I'm just about done.

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
JADE EMPIRE TWO come on bioware this thing needs to be made so much.

Captcha: bruce lee. he'd approve of JE2.

flare100

Sep 20, 2010
Proabably will. Enjoyed Mass effect 3 and am not one for all the ending melodrama so yeah why not.