Poll: Wonder Woman was not a good movie in any way

Epyc Wynn

Disobey unethical rules.
Mar 1, 2012
Maybe having a shallow main character with a fancy outfit and special effects is all you need to make tens of millions of dollars and gain great reviews. Or maybe the critic reviews are being manipulated. Or maybe the critics are inept.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Epyc Wynn said:
Maybe having a shallow main character with a fancy outfit and special effects is all you need to make tens of millions of dollars and gain great reviews. Or maybe the critic reviews are being manipulated. Or maybe the critics are inept.
Or maybe, just maybe, you are the one who is wrong.

Epyc Wynn

Disobey unethical rules.
Mar 1, 2012
McMarbles said:
Epyc Wynn said:
Wonder Woman is not a movie I can justify thinking is anything other than a mediocre rip of old generic superhero concepts with no actual innovation. Might as well not bother having movie critics if Wonder Woman is going to be ignorantly proclaimed as great when it was not. A movie this bland should never have gained the praise it did.

So no, I do not believe I am wrong. Covering tofu in special effects doesn't lessen the tofu factor.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Epyc Wynn said:
McMarbles said:
Epyc Wynn said:
Wonder Woman is not a movie I can justify thinking is anything other than a mediocre rip of old generic superhero concepts with no actual innovation. Might as well not bother having movie critics if Wonder Woman is going to be ignorantly proclaimed as great when it was not. A movie this bland should never have gained the praise it did.

So no, I do not believe I am wrong. Covering tofu in special effects doesn't lessen the tofu factor.
And if you were the only person in the world, you'd be sitting pretty, but it turns out most people disagree.