Poll: Worst things about MW2

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I detest the spawning system. It is by far the worst spawning system I have ever seen in an FPS. And I've been playing FPS since DOOM. Killing somebody just to have them spawn 10 feet away, and usually behind you.

There's absolutely no reason to justify the piss poor quality of the spawning system, or the fact that it hasn't been improved.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
People who yell into the mic. That's not just a problem in MW2, that's a problem in EVERY online shooter.

Specific to MW2:
Personaly? I'd have to say the akimbo shotgunners, simply because, as a man of logic, I keep thinking "Holding a shotgun in one hand and firing more than one shot is impossible! the recoild would snap your wrist, at the very least!"

In terms of ACTUALY gameplay? Campers. I know it's not hacking, but the rest of the game pretty much PROMOTES camping. Go in close and get knifed, go in midrange and get shotgun blasted or noobtubed, go outside at all and get killed by a killstreak or by another camper. I don't hate campers: I hate that MW2 makes camping the only option to consistantly do good.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
LetalisK said:
I don't understand why people complain about campers and noob-tubers. Campers are simply thinning the herd of the morons that keep trying to rush at them like zerglings. Noob-tubes are meant to take out the campers.

And complaining about a knifer? That's your own damn fault for letting him get that close.
It's not the knife itself, it's that with the right perks you can't teleport huge distances and close that distance in an instant, opening you up to a one hit kill. I've never seen it happen myself, but cosidering the complaint is so common you have to wonder.

OT: I hate kilstreaks. They were a stupid idea in the original, but now they're just unbearable. That along with the horrendous balance in general is why I stopped playing.

roguetrooper96

Feb 26, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
LetalisK said:
Turn a corner and come face to face witha Commando knifer and he has a HUGE advantage over you as he can teleport 8-10 feet and not have to aim, it just locks onto you and BAM- dead.
I have way too many memories of walking round a silent, uneventful place only to have a commando knifer fly at me making the sound of a stuka (WW2 plane that I have no idea in hell how to spell) and traveling at an amazing speed, lol.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
lag, that causes spotty hit detection.

Like unloading into a guy before he kills you, and then when you watch his kill cam he didn't even take a single hit.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
It took all the things I liked about 4 and twisted them into crap. 4 had killstreaks, they were relatively unimportant though (arguably) and they were set. MW2 had a ton of them, all of them were broken in one way or another, and became a huge feature of the game. Also, the weapon balance probably pissed me off the most, that and Commando.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Uber Waddles said:
Ok i admit i'm starting to get a bit miffed with the amount of threads about people complaining about how bad the game is i think we got the hint within the first hundred threads about it. But seriously the balance is FAR from fine.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
The campaign. I don't give a toss about multiplayer, and I have better sense than to jump into MW2's.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
All of the above.

If I have to pick one, I'll go with Commandotards. However, everything on that list is annoying and contributes to the shittiness of MW2.

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
All of the above.
Modern Warfare 2 can go commando perk+knife itself. Or N00btube itself. Or aimbot itself. Or spawncamp itself. Or lack of dedicated servers... itself? Or 10th prestige lobby itself. Or killstreak itself. Or over-zealous, egotistical moron playerbase itself.

I'm not vindictive though; I'll let IW pick which.

On a serious note, I bought it on the back of hype/friends' recomendations and was appalled by the multiplayer. Single-player, however, was fun, cinematic, and comfortably brief. Spec Ops was particularly excellent.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Noob Tubers,and akimbo shotguns are the worst that you have listed.
Using RPGs on people and LMGs are for pussys.
If you're complainnig about campers then you're a newb, anyone whose played the game enough to be at level 5 should know where the camping spots are and be able to take them out.
Modded controllers only matter if you in a western style show down; any other time it comes down to the size of your gun, its firing rate, and how good your aim is.
"Kniffers"? are people saying this is a problem? Well its not.
And "people yelling into their mic" yes so fucking annoying, not the worst though. I hate it when Im stuck on a team with loud racist assholes. Also all those little kids, but i figured out how to shut them up: just say to them, " Hey does your mother know you're talking like that"

Sep 14, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Commando is pretty infuriating and unfair.

But I'm gonna have to go with Last Stand and Final Stand, I hate those so, so much.

Reward the shitty players, punish the good ones. Nice one, IW.
dont you just hate when you clearly own someone, to learn that they go into last stand mode right when you have to reload, and they hit you with their measily little pea shooter and kill you within that time it takes you to reload?

honestly if you are THAT CLOSE to dying, you should be swaying around in fear, you shouldn't have perfect aim like you do in final/last stand mode. thats fucking bullshit.

overall, my biggest hacks with the game are, insta noob tubers, they run around and use that as their main...not cool. at all. fuck that noise. it should have a delayed fire on it so it actually takes skill to use the damn thing.

and knifers, with the maps on cod..good god they have such an advantage running around just about every corner, plus they can bypass any juggernaut/painkiller you might have on, making it another advantage over shooting someone from 20 feet away instead of tele knifing them.

shotguns have been nerfed decent enough..to consider them no longer god guns but demi gods when being akimbo'd