Poll: Would games be better without snipers?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Nope but it would make forums better. Wouldn't have threads made by newbs crying about how they got no skill.

Kushin

May 17, 2009
You dont need to get rid of them, maybe impose a limit on the amount of people who can be using a sniper rifle as their main weapon in a certain match?

While variety is great, there is not a front-line combat team in the WORLD that goes around pumping a barret 50 cal like a submachine gun at point blank range.

TL;DR - No, just limit them.

Shapoolaman

Feb 25, 2010
If there are tons of players in the game I think snipers are ok; thats battle, you may be the unlucky individual who got picked off. But when you only have eight people running around and you get picked off round after round it gets EXTREMELY annoying. With more people there is less of a chance that it will be you the next time around.

Neurowaste

Apr 4, 2008
In most games being a sniper takes some amount of talent, so, by that logical path, removing a sniper would be like removing a high-leveled player because they are "too good" every type of shooter class has their weaknesses, you just need to expose them. Don't hate other people because they are able to do something. For the record, I hardly ever snipe in any game but when I get sniped I don't RAGE because they're "camping F@gg0ts!!11!!!!!" It's just a different style of gameplay.

Doctor Glocktor

Aug 1, 2009
God, yes. There's nothing dumber or more infuriating then doing very well, just to have some pussy one shot me from across the map in his little hidey-hole.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
No, snipers are essential in games, plain and simple, also im fucking boss when you put a sniper in my hands.

Like in BF;BC 2 the snipers are essential, they take out the people on the fixed possitions and take out any dug in or static enemies, also they're great spoters so that the rest of the team can know where the enemy is. And in BF:BC 2 the sniping is completely fair because you have to take into account bullet drop, bullet lead, and elevation to an extent, that requires alot of skill to do.

Pretty much what snipers do is finish off the team that work together, they kill the cheeky enemies trying to disarm an M-Com or Demoliont site (MW2) and are essential for information.

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
Games would be better without one-shot-one-kill sniper rifles.

Sniper rifles which take two shots to the body or one headshot to kill someone with full health are fine by me.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
No, shooters have a lot in common with RPGs in regards to play style and class choices, every weapon group has it's purpose and advantages and disadvantages. Variety is the spice of life.
Exactly. I like to have many different weapons at my disposal. Also, the sniper class is almost always my favorite class to use.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
RedMenace said:
awesomeClaw said:
Because running and spraying bullets is the only legitimate way of playing any FPS. Anything else is a "f*ggoty a$$ n00b cheating".

That is acually how i see it.
Than I have only 2 thing to say to you:

1) Quote button. Use it. Love it.

2) Learn to play. Snipers are good, but they have their weaknesses. Locate a sniper and use cover strategically to get close. Than gun him down. Its as easy as 3.14159.
6535282... lul god I cant believe I used to remember 200 of that

saejox

Mar 4, 2009
i just played in a server with no sniping rule (bf:bc2).
it was alright. people run around nobody is scared.
but it's unnatural.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I occasionally think there should be a limit on the amount of snipers allowed in a single map, like a 'sniper:everything-else' ratio. Though I can see that being very unfair.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
It's a love/hate relationship with most people, they love to kill people with a sniper rifle but they hate to be killed by a sniper rifle...

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
I will never reduce myself to using an AWP in counter strike. But killing AWP users is satisfying.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
The answer to all those "Please remove what ever just killed me"-threads is quite simple;

Would the game be more fun for you, if your human enemies just stood still in a line, letting you kill them, congratulating you for your astounding skills?

If yes, please gtfo, and play single-players on easy, if no, why did you bother to ask? If it's in the game, there's very likely going to be a way around it.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
No. Thats a playing style that need's to be catered for. And its a good way to force players to be more aggressive.