Poll: Would having real-life superheros be good or bad for the world?

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Most people I've meet wouldn't be improved with the addition of super powers so I'm going with bad.

MrSmith1337

Oct 29, 2012
Neutral.
I think some people would use it to help themselves, but that isn't bad in all, or even most, cases. The people who start using it to be dictators and terrorists and the like would probably be taken down by other people, but dictators have always been around and were powerful even without powers.

My guess is most wouldn't even be arsed to go that far, a lot of people I've known are a lazy and easy-going bunch, and hopefully they have enough empathy to not want to kill people. And the ones who want to help people could be hired by law enforcement and the like to help out legally.

Course if normal people start getting tall poppy syndrome, and the government starts getting paranoid and tries to assassinate the whole bunch, then I think **** will go down.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Lord Garnaat said:
Alright, let's say that tomorrow a strange phenomenon happens, and a random 1% of the world's population has super-powers. None of the powers would be so powerful that the user's would be impossible to kill or indestructible, and the gaining of said powers would not directly affect a person's psyche or personality. They would get the normal mix of powers like super-strength, flight, invisibility, or super-speed; and how they chose to use them would be entirely up to them.

That being said, would you want this to happen? Do you think it would be good or bad for humanity as a whole?
I think that all comic book series face this in some way or the other.
At the end - no. We need a superman, a moral anchor that does not go and step across the line - and that will never happen. So, no.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
Having a bunch of random people suddenly get comic-book-style super powers would not end well.

But as for your poll, it specifically says super HEROES, so I'm gonna have to vote "Good".

unreal51

Nov 13, 2011
There is a book I read called wearing the cape witch deals with almost the same issue and it seemed like they had it under control by making leagues and stuff to help out the police and the government. All of this happened but people just continued on as if it were normal. Overall it seemed as if it was good for the world most of the time well if it played out like that .... which I doubt

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
1% of the world's population? God damn that's a lot of superheroes.

OT: Well seeing as in movies they totally destroy everything in their path for their super battles... I'm gonna go with no. Maybe they could end some wars very quickly but decimating cities and destroying private property in the midst of a battle would be crap as unfortunately, superhero insurance doesn't exist.