Poll: Would you be interested in a Spore 2/Spore 2 wishlist.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
I would, but only if they added in more realism (as was seen in earlier builds) and more strategy in the later stages; e.g. actual fleet command and combat in the Space Stage with multiple kinds of ship, a more RTS-like battle system in the Civilisation stage while having more complex city building when not fighting. Oh, and underwater stages+civilisations.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I'd love it if they actually added stuff like selection pressures into different worlds, and genetic drift and other real biological phenomena. The first Spore is basically just creationism.

I also think they could have done more with everything past the microbe stage, basically adding in more mechanics & making it interesting to play. The space stage definitely needed this the most.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
If they released the game they demo'ed originally...maybe.

Spore was one of the biggest bait and switch jobs in gaming history. What we got was nothing even REMOTELY close to what we were promised.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Awww, I'm the first one that went with "Yes"... Yeah, I'd be interested. Sure, Spore didn't deliver what was promised but I still found it a very fun game nonetheless. I really like the game - it has a certain charm to it. So yes, I'd be interested in another one. Maybe they can even make more of the promises they made for the first one but it's not really that important, as long as it's at least as fun.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
I'd be interested, if they lessened the DRM and didn't change it to be designed for children...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Less shitty
More focus on controlling your creature as an individual, and less bullshit WoW combat please.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I'd be very interested in it, as long as EA keep their fucking hands off it, and it was basically what they'd originally demo'd.

The final product was so watered down; I was immensely disappointed.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Only if they:

-Aim for an adult audience

-Keep it in production for about ten years

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Maybe. Axe the DRM is an obvious change they should make. But I'd really like a more focused game. I hated everything after the second phase of Spore. So I really just went through the first two parts over and over. The tribal, civilization, and space phases just felt like reeeaaally shitty strategy games. I'd prefer they cut some of that out to make one of them really good, or just scrap them all and put in something else altogether.

Orphillius

Jul 24, 2012
I'd love it. They should trash the RTS parts and expand on the microbe and creature stages. Just more variety, options, details. Keeping an adult audience in mind would be good too.

Ingjald

Nov 17, 2009
As much as I agree that the first Spore did not deliver one even half its promises, I'd be interested in a sequel, provided that:

* acquiring traits and parts is harder and more rewarding, and that decisions made in previous stages affect you further along. I was overjoyed when I first got the electric defense-thing in the first stage, only to evolve legs and suddenly find it now provided +1 charm, and I was now defenseless.

* the tribal stage is re-worked. I once made creatures that were essentially velociraptors with wings, and yet a stone axe was necessary to win a fight versus kermit the frog...

* The civilization stage wasnt too bad, if a bit formulaic; what bothered me the most was, no matter the way you designed the vehicles, the only variables that changed were health, damage and speed. I tried to build an aerial armada of badass zeppelins for my raptors, and much to my chagrin the acted nothing like how they looked, acting more like dive bombers than airships.

* there are variable tech levels in the civ stage. minor gripe, but everything was equal to everything else, when there could have been so much Age of Empires/ Civilization-esque fun.

summa summarum: yes.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I'd be fine with it if it had more options (water based creatures?) and if it stopped at the creature stage. Obviously it would be extended a hell of a lot more.
A tribal/civilization stage would be good but would need a total over haul.

hino77

Mar 4, 2010
Yeah i would, but only if they made some changes, either axe the space/civilization thing, or maybe make 2 games, one about evolving you`re creature with some nice combat and some strategy, and make the second and rts like age of empires. Maybe you make the civilization creation a two part thing, one is based on the parameters of your creatures, and the other you pick, things like government type , policies and stuff like that. That would be pretty neat.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Nope.

Instead, I'd like to license the galaxy engine and completely redesign it into a 4x title with a nonlinear time axis.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Yes I would, and I would keep the same direction.
Don't have to get rid of anything because all these gametypes work, sadly they were all last minute knock-offs because they wanked around on that creation engine the entire time, but if they bring everything together in a sensible fashion this would be one hell of a game.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
If they made it like the original gameplay video that came out, it would be epic. They changed it a lot to appeal to a younger audience.

That being said, I would still like it if they didn't change the formula much besides obligatory generational improvements.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
I loved Spore, even if it wasn't very deep. But if they were to make a Spore 2, I would love for the creator to be a hell of a lot more detailed. I really wanted to make a-symmetrical monsters/space ships, etc. And underwater cities. Or floating cities. Essentially, a hell of a lot deeper, without being bogged down by a metric fuck tonne of micro-managment like a lot of other games similar are (Namely the civilization and space stage)

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
They'd have a lot of crap to cut, and a lot more not-crap to put in. If they actually managed that, then hell yeah.

But they won't. Hell, they'd be dumb to try.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
I would honestly be interested in a Spore 2, but only if they make it 100 times better than the original. I'm honestly surprised that EA has yet to publish a sequel.