Poll: Would you be offended by this GT

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
already seen this. it was quite funny at first but not offensive :p will probably be offensive to christians though i guess.

Jul 23, 2008
Stupid, reactive people on xbox live!?

what is happening to this world!?

What ever happened to turn-the-other-cheek? judge not lest ye yourself be judged?

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I don't think it's offensive, I also don't see how it is offensive since in the Bible he died on the cross then he came back then dissapeared or something.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I'm not offended, but I know people who would be. I'm probably the least religious person in my neighborhood, being, well, an atheist.

However, I would not use such a gamertag. Yes, he has a right to do it, yes he probably doesn't mean much by using it, yes religious people can be too sensitive. Yet what does this do? What is the point aside from angering people?

I argue against religion a lot - usually to counter bad ideas in order to prevent religion from brainwashing more people. My railing against religion does serve a purpose, a good one I think.

Yet saying 'Jesus died LOL' doesn't serve any purpose. It's not an argument against religion, it doesn't send any message other than "What was an intensely emotional topic to you is nothing more than a laugh to me". This is just baiting and goading. It doesn't make atheists look good, it doesn't make anyone look good. It doesn't win atheism any friends and doesn't do anything aside from make people angry. And I fail to see the humor in that.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Another typical day on Halo 3. I used to recieve voice messages like that hick kid one all the time when I had an xbox. One said he would rape my dad because I "stole," his kill on Gears 2. Glad I'm not paying to play online with those P2P servers and little kids anymore.

Anyway, na I'm not really offended.

Tron900

Sep 10, 2009
LOL, what I find Ironic, is that all these peopele saying: "I'm christian! I find that offensive, your gonna die, I'm gonna shoot you!"

and the fact their playing an FPS, shooting people.

Christian Gamers: may I point out Exodus 20:13 : THOU SHALT NOT MURDER!

practice what you preach, or dump your faith.....

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
Korolev said:
I'm not offended, but I know people who would be. I'm probably the least religious person in my neighborhood, being, well, an atheist.

However, I would not use such a gamertag. Yes, he has a right to do it, yes he probably doesn't mean much by using it, yes religious people can be too sensitive. Yet what does this do? What is the point aside from angering people?

I argue against religion a lot - usually to counter bad ideas in order to prevent religion from brainwashing more people. My railing against religion does serve a purpose, a good one I think.

Yet saying 'Jesus died LOL' doesn't serve any purpose. It's not an argument against religion, it doesn't send any message other than "What was an intensely emotional topic to you is nothing more than a laugh to me". This is just baiting and goading. It doesn't make atheists look good, it doesn't make anyone look good. It doesn't win atheism any friends and doesn't do anything aside from make people angry. And I fail to see the humor in that.
What this guy said. All this gamertag is doing is promoting flaming. People who are saying the religious people are being over sensitive, just like the owner of this gamertag, are showing no respect to the beliefs of others.

So you don't believe in religion! Others do, respect their right to just like most of them respect your right not to

oden636

Jun 15, 2009
Haha everyone kill that jew was the most stupid saying. TEchnically jesus was jewish so hes just joining in

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Oh my god, you spoiled the bible for me. Put spoiler tags up next time, jeez, I was really getting into that book.

I believe the next step in annoying people should be a user name of something like 'MICHAEL JACKSON DIED LOL'.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
So hang on, they're offended by his name, then go on to call him 'retarded' and that he's going to die, and that he'll burn in hell, oh and that he's a 'fucking ******' and that they 'fucked his mom last night'.

Sure it was an inflammatory nick, but at the same time, it sure got a lot of un-Christian reactions from Christians. (I'm assuming here, as I'm guessing non Christians wouldn't have bothered to comment except for maybe 'thats a dumb nick buddy.'