Poll: Would you become a Ghoul (fallout)

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Yeah plus there's the fact that everyone looks like crap in the wastelands anyway there's a distinct lack of hygiene products. xD
I know right? I mean would it kill some of these guys to have at least a wash once in a while? :p

Micromyni

Jan 26, 2012
Sure, why not? Wait...I can't help but pick scabs, so with basically every available surface scabby and flaking skin, I'm gonna end up constantly picking at myself. I'll get back to this question when I finally break myself of the habit.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Well, I supposed living forever will be nice, but my skin peeling off and my wee wee not working so well would be rather unpleasent. I supposed I could stick it out for a century and then if I'm tired of it just kill myself.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
There is nothing in the lore about all ghouls going feral. That was only the word of one man who can't back up his claims. They do however suffer from the normal old age brain issues such as alzheimer's.

May 17, 2010
No of course not. And all you ghoul sympathisiers should be crucified. Hail Caesar.

Dunno, probably not but seeing how atronomically unlikely it is to become a ghoul as composed to just dieing, I think I might shoot myself to avoid a slow death due to radiation. I still don't understand how the whole ghoulification process works and I think I really wouldn't know in universe.

Eldrig

Apr 25, 2011
RicoGrey said:
Vault101 said:
usmarine4160 said:
Vault101 said:
usmarine4160 said:
Vault101 said:
so suicide or goulification?

I guess I could stick it out as a living corpse for a while...and if that gets too much just go feral and go nuts! probably wont even feel the pain
All ghouls eventually turn feral. Makes life simpler :)
huh..really?

thats kind of sad....like (what is it?) alzeimers or Dimentia..where you slowly feel your mind degrading
They said it in Fallout 3, something about the radiation causing the ghoulification slowly eating away the brain.

And I think you're thinking of Alzheimer's, which is a form of dementia ;)
huh I figured going feral came from just "going crazy" and being unable to deal with being a ghoul...I mean its no surprise being a corpse you mind might get affected

EDIT: well whatever it is Its sad, I watch a documetry where normal smart people (like this guy being an ex barrister) have to deal with their mind "going" they know its going and theres nothing they can do..its even ahrder on the loved ones
Good news on the Alzheimer's front, a drug that is used to treat cancer is showing fantastic promise as a cure for Alzheimers. So far they have only tested it in rats, but it is having a very high success rate. That is, it is reversing Alzheimers nearly completely.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120209144005.htm
Correct me if i'm wrong (this is just me being alarmist), but isn't this the precursor to Planet of the Apes? DESTROY THE CURE NOW!!

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
Edible Avatar said:
I'd do it......

Then inject myself with deathclaw DNA and get enhanced genetic implants. BOOM. WINNING.

soon, grandma Palmer, very soon, i will get my back sweetroll.....and REVENGE

Healed by irradiated water, long ass life span, awesome deep voice, and little need to maintain my body with food, sanitation and other things? Where do I sign up?

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Actually, I'd like to change my answer. I wouldn't mind being a ghoul. Besides, it's not like I couldn't choose to top myself any time in the next 1000 years I live.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Vault101 said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Vault101 said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Vault101 said:
so suicide or goulification?

snip
snip.
snip
snip
I mentioned spawn bevause the guy has a face like a goul, so first thing that came to mind

and I figured cybernectics because I think aparently gouls are auposed to be kind of "corpsey" as in not that that agile or srong..which some peopel forget (I mean you even have goul rangers in NV though)
Ahem, Raul Tejada. That is all.

I choose ghoul. Like some have already said, I can always choose death if need be. Can always go out the fun way by taking out a bunch of raiders with me.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
If I was in the Fallout universe, I would make myself into a ghoul the moment the words "I'm getting too old for this shit" unironically passed my lips.

So yeah, I'd take ghoulification.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
In a game, sure that might be kind of neat. In real life if something like this could happen after a nuclear apocolypse, no I don't want to be a walking corpse. I'd rather be a cyborg or something neat like that in Fallout anyhow.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Easy choice, I'd be a ghoul. It'd be a tough life alright but death is so final, whereas life is full of possibilities.

I always wished for a feature to become a ghoul in the games, but alas there never was one. Hopefully in Fallout 4 it will be possible.
But if it was real life the choice would still be a lot harder, but still life wins over death.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
The Last Nomad said:
I always wished for a feature to become a ghoul in the games, but alas there never was one. Hopefully in Fallout 4 it will be possible.
Actually, that is one of the thing I wish they would take from the Elder Scrolls series: The ability to chose a race. I was thinking:

Surface Dweller: Defaul, nothing to special
Vault Dweller: Increased gun ability, and knowledge, but less resistant to rads
Ghoul: Immune to rad, which also heal you, but reduced strength, eyesight, and some people will instantly attack you on sight
Metahumans (AKA Brutes): Insane strenght, increased heavy weapon skill, but decreased intellegance, and some people will attack on sight.

Did I miss anyone?

Also, maybe have the riding system from Elder Scrolls. Maybe we could all ride on Bhramin.

*crosses fingers and hopes Bethesda sees this post*

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
BOOM headshot65 said:
The Last Nomad said:
Actually, that is one of the thing I wish they would take from the Elder Scrolls series: The ability to chose a race. I was thinking:

Surface Dweller: Defaul, nothing to special
Vault Dweller: Increased gun ability, and knowledge, but less resistant to rads
Ghoul: Immune to rad, which also heal you, but reduced strength, eyesight, and some people will instantly attack you on sight
Metahumans (AKA Brutes): Insane strenght, increased heavy weapon skill, but decreased intellegance, and some people will attack on sight.

Did I miss anyone?

Also, maybe have the riding system from Elder Scrolls. Maybe we could all ride on Bhramin.

*crosses fingers and hopes Bethesda sees this post*
Yeah I always thought something like that would be cool, but the ability for any 'race' to become a ghoul during the game would be sweet.
Also, wouldn't the surface dweller be better with a gun than a vault dweller have spent their life fighting off radiated creatures as opposed to the sheltered safe life of a vault dweller?

Although one of the good parts of the Fallout games (The numbered ones anyway) was that you were isolated from the world, in a vault or in a tribe, and you would be exploring the world for the first time. Picking races might mess that sense of exploration up like they did in New Vegas.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
The only time I wandered into a highly radioactive area in Fallout 3, I did so specifically BECAUSE I wanted to become a Ghoul. Most disappointing death ever.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
They're life-span is drastically increased isn't it? Yeah sure, I wouldn't mind being a walking corpse in a suit. Heck I could gather all the necrophiliacs and make my own Harem!!!

Henriot

Dec 15, 2011
Live for several hundred years and end up as a tree? Of course I'm going ghoul!
(I joke. You don't turn into a Ghoul from FEV, that's crazy talk).

But seriously, I wouldn't mind the disfigurement in exchange for the extended life. And if I turn feral... I hope I take some NCR pigs with me before they take me down!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Ryan Kerr said:
Of course I would. I'd rather live for hundreds of years and be ugly than die. Also have you seen them dance?
It's the long life that made me chose yes initially but watching that ghoul dance clinched it for me. I'm going ghoul!