Poll: Would you buy Hugh Hefner mansion if you were a billionare?

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
No, even it wasn't playboy I have no use for or desire to have a house that big and don't want to have to live with someone.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
...Do you know how many houses in places I want to be located (Exclusively in New York) that don't come with creepy grandpa roommates I could buy with that money?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
undeadsuitor said:
Does it include the girls?

I voted no regardless, never understood the point of having 100 rooms for 1 or 2 people
The girls gravitate towards Heff. It's the theoretical benefit of having him as a roomie.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
No, no and no.
That place is rather tacky, and not to mention filthy.

And for $200 million I could build a better, more personalised mansion.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Hell no, if I had that much money I'd custom build something for myself that fit my desires. Like secret rooms.

As a child I always wanted a castle...

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Sure why not, assuming I'm not allowed to spend my money on making my own house or buying something smaller then yeah I'd quite happily take the rise to billionaire with this mansion as my only condition. The choice between my current living conditions and the mansion is hardly a choice at all.

Means I get have super fancy house, and honestly I've lived with some really horrible flat mates before, Hugh Hefner and his parties would actually be a step up.

Plus with a house that big, I'd never bump into Hugh and his antics unless I want to, honestly in all likelihood I'll "only" claim the uppermost floor for myself and be content with that.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
No, if I was a billionaire I wouldn't buy a property in Los Angeles or any other part of America.

I would be perfectly content buying or building my own private residence in a nice location in my own country, rather than buy an infamous semi-public property in a place that I wouldn't even want to visit, let alone live in.

If the location, history and state of the property wasn't bad enough, the fact that the purchase forces you to have a famous elderly celebrity as a live in tenant and all the baggage that comes with him and his family, than really means you could kiss any notion of a private life and the freedom to do what you want in you own home goodbye.

What billionaire or rich person in their right mind would actually want to share their house and life with a house-mate, let alone be forced to take on a famous elderly celebrity house-mate in one of the most litigious places on earth?

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
It's in Holmby Hills in the Los Angeles area the taxes on such an estate would be absolutely insane by themselves, not to mention the other upkeep and staffing requirements. Seriously I wouldn't own any property in California, especially not Souther California, and especially not a mansion. Especially not the Playboy Mansion either, that place is a filthy tacky hell hole, in a filthy hell hole with weather patterns I loathe and way too high taxes.

So short answer: Fucking hell no, I would not buy the playboy mansion.

I'd much rather buy a huge chunk of land somewhere on Olympic Peninsula of Washington, then put a gigantic gothic fortress castle on top of it with a full Vault-Tec underneath the castle. I could definitely install better secrets and features than the Playboy Mansion has in a set up like what I described. Then I'd fill my estate with my friends, applicable family, and adopted children and create my own utopia.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
At first sexy parties sound good, but then there is all the fluids associated to said sexy parties. Usually no homeowner can know just how much spunk has been spread when you buy a home, this is not the case if someone was going to purchase that place.

I'd honestly rather get my own albeit smaller palace of hedonism, complete with top quality hookers and blackjack.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
Secondhand Revenant said:
Hell no, if I had that much money I'd custom build something for myself that fit my desires. Like secret rooms.

Ditto, medieval castles, complete with a grand throneroom and a build-on chapel, I ain't even christian.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Not a chance in hell.
Even aside from the fact that, like other people have pointed out, for that kind of dosh you can build your own dream home, I'm an introvert. I'm a massive introvert. So the prospect of living in a party goer's Shangri-la is terrifying thought.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Nah, way too big. I'd rather have several apartments in the world's coolest cities.

Let's see... New York, Kyoto, London, Hong Kong, Seoul, Copenhagen, Reykjavik, Seattle, Sydney, Toronto, Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Ghent, Utrecht, Tokyo, Singapore, Paris, Edinburgh, Berlin, Florence, Havana, Cape Town, Brisbane and Vienna.

Yeah those are my picks. I'd pick modest accommodations in any combination of those cities over one big mansion. I could just hop to whenever I want, as living an opulent lifestyle that can afford a Hefner mansion probably comes with a plane as well. Access to the best of all cultures, and most important of all; access to all the local cuisines and the best restaurants I could want.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
cthulhuspawn82 said:
This is kind of a paradox. Spending $200 million of the Playboy Mansion would be an extremely frivolous and irresponsible purchase. People who are good with money typically dont do such things, and people who are bad with money tend not to have any.

So the paradox is that if you are the kind of person that would blow $200 million on a silly whim, you are probably the kind of person who would never have that much money to begin with.
Or you are the kind of person that inherited all that money, or not really value it. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being bought by some Arabian jeque's son, cartel boss or something like that.

I voted no. With that kind of money I could easily buy a mansion anywhere else, or have it built to my specifications; with the added bonus of not having to live with sexual parties regularly like it was a tourist attraction (nothing wrong with having a party when you feel like it, not just because it is expected of you)

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Secondhand Revenant said:

Yes this! Preferably with a bookshelf where you pull on one certain book and the whole thing spins around and you end up in a secret room!! YAY!!

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
No. A hundred rooms for two guys is insane, and spending that much money on this would be irresponsible as hell. Assuming I'm somehow forced to administer the mansion, I'd kick Hef out, tell him to grow the fuck up now that he's actually mostly incontinent and senile, and I'd turn the place into a hotel or a drug rehab center.

That goes without mentioning what I think of Hefner himself - which isn't all that flattering. He's past the point of being charming or intellectually stimulating for any woman, and yet his fragile ego still necessitates the presence of scantily-clad women. It's kind of gross, honestly.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well in a dream where I am a billionaire I would also imagine being some super stud that totally gets all the ladies, which means yes this seems like money well spent.

But here in the real world I am the dude that stands in the corner of a party checking his watch and wondering when it becomes acceptable to leave. So in that case I think a hollowed out volcano is by far the better investment.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Mr.Tea said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
I would probably have to get used to using a land-line instead of a cell-phone from then on but it's a small price to pay for having one of the most bitchin' types of novelty houses around.
Why? With that kind of money, what would stop you from installing cellular signal relays inside your silo?
...Well...didn't know that kind of thing existed. Guess there's a thing to strike from the original post.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Definitely would use the money to buy a couple two-room flats with nice windows. Luxury makes me anxious.