Poll: Would you change your sex for 5 million dollars?

Zenkem

May 3, 2009
Yes. For five million dollars I could get a harem regardless of what they'd have to work with.

headphonegirl

The Troll under the bridge
Oct 19, 2009
Iron Lightning said:
Yeah, sure, my sex isn't that important to me. With 5 million dollars I could live comfortably for the rest of my days.
Yeah pretty much this. I guess i'd have some explaining to do to my family, but oh well they could adjust :p

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
K4ndY said:
That's a definite "nope". I just found out a few days ago that I'm pregnant for the first time, and I wouldn't give up that experience for the world. :)
It doesn't say the change would terminate the pregnancy. You'd get $5 Million and then millions more as the world's first pregnant man!

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
I'm Transexual and I've had some surgeries, but not all...they are very expensive and not covered by health insurance...and for FtMs take multiple stages (which means multiple recoveries) and are imperfect.

So if some aliens would give me 5 million dollars to finally have my body match my gender identity?...i.e. Heck yeah! I'd do it for free (which is better than me paying)--but if they want to give me 5 million dollars on top of it all...sign me up right away!

Sarmos

Mar 28, 2010
This thread is sure to get all the trans-gender people on here posting. I do it in a heartbeat. I'm one of the few people who actually has looked into the transgender community... Lets just say there is alot of people who would do this for free, let alone for five million dollars.

Changing your sex (At least throught the process we have today, no "Ray Gun" ) is a huge process through all the hormone changes, surgeries, counciling, there is so much that people dont think about.

I myself wish something like this was real. Cause then I wouldnt have to feel so uncomfortable in my own body.

trooper6 said:
I'm Transexual and I've had some surgeries, but not all...they are very expensive and not covered by health insurance...and for FtMs take multiple stages (which means multiple recoveries) and are imperfect.
Fun fact I think you'll like. The Government of Ontario has been trying to get the operations covered by healthcare.

Another fun fact, if your in the Canadian military for more then two years, the military will PAY FOR THE WHOLE THING.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
If anyone would like to see what they could look like if they had more masculine/feminine features, you could always use this: http://morph.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/Transformer/index.html

As for me, probably not. If he had a machine that turned me gay for 5 million, however, I would probably do it.

Uncreation

Aug 4, 2009
Sure! Lets just say i'm not that happy with my gender, so i would do it for free. Getting payd 5 million dollars on top of that is just gravy. I would do it in a heart beat.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
tobyornottoby said:
godofallu said:
Wow a lot of people would do it, i'm actually surprised.

I prefer my penis to a larger house and a cooler looking car. What can I say, I don't need money that badly.
Money is not just luxury. Money is time. And time is one of the most valuable things that exist.
Being true to yourself is the most important thing.

And you can't buy time with money. I suppose you're talking about not having to work, but you don't need large piles of cash to be unemployed.

tobyornottoby

Jan 2, 2008
godofallu said:
tobyornottoby said:
godofallu said:
Wow a lot of people would do it, i'm actually surprised.

I prefer my penis to a larger house and a cooler looking car. What can I say, I don't need money that badly.
Money is not just luxury. Money is time. And time is one of the most valuable things that exist.
Being true to yourself is the most important thing.

And you can't buy time with money. I suppose you're talking about not having to work, but you don't need large piles of cash to be unemployed.
Which is true, but I already have a higher-than-avarage (male avarage) feminized brain, so I can do it and stay somewhat true to myself.

Not large piles, but still a decent amount. And there are other things, like you can hire someone to clean your house etc =p

Ammutseba

Sep 24, 2010
I could probably accept this if they do it on a genetic level, instead of just doing some plastic surgery etc.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Mflick said:
5 million isn't much these days, and the way the economy is going down the shitter, it's about to be much much less, so no, 5 billion maybe, otherwise no way in hell.
You don't seem to grasp how much money that is. The income of the average worker in the states is around 40 thousand dollars, per year. 5 million dollars represents 125 years worth of salary for the average worker.

Now, let's say you put all that money in a very modest, low interest, no risks involved, savings account. Let's assume 2% interest rate. Every year, you'll be making 100 thousand dollars on interest alone. That's well more than double the average annual income. Factor out some fees and taxes and you could live off those interest, probably even throw some of that money back into the account to combat inflation.

As for the topic question...
Had you asked me that question couple of years ago, I would have been very tempted to say yes. I wasn't very happy with my body, didn't know where I was going and would have welcomed a fresh start. Since then, however, I've spent some time soul searching, made some lifestyle changes and found a path I want to pursue and am more happy with who I am then I've been in a long time. I wouldn't want to risk changing things now.

Sicram

Mar 17, 2010
Now zap me so that I can change back and forth at will and I'd do it for free. And if I couldn't say "I'm not sure" I'd at least want the currency to be euros, with it being a wee bit stronger than US dollars.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I really don't know to be honest... I think it depends on what would happen to my sexuality; if I ended up bisexual than I probably would, otherwise I would be a little disappointed with the 5 million.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Absolutely, if it was magical "make you into an actual girl" as opposed to what we have available now.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
is 5 million dollars worth bleeding once a month with quite uncomfortable pain and childbirth *scratches head* you will have to get back to me on this one because the whole pain part doesnt interest me besides that its no big deal

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
K4ndY said:
That's a definite "nope". I just found out a few days ago that I'm pregnant for the first time, and I wouldn't give up that experience for the world. :)
Congratulations!

Anyway, probably. I'm kind of a shitty dude, being nervous around people and terrible at sports (damn you, virtually blind left eye!). I'd be a terrible girl as well, but I'd have five million dollars.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
I like my organs and body parts the way they are right now, so no touchy you aliens!

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
Probably not, but I would be a bit tempted. I like being a guy and I don't care that much about money. But it would be nice to have the choice not to work and it would be interesting to experience things as a woman. However I think having periods would suck too much and I would be forced to find a lesbian if I ever wanted a girlfriend... and getting a heterosexual girlfriend is hard enough >.< Also I wouldn't like being treated like a girl. Girls usually have to put up with allot of crap from guys.