Poll: Would you change your sexual orientation, if your sex was changed?

Natasha_LB

Jan 2, 2011
Chelsea O said:
i hap[pen to be in the process of changing my gender so i can honestly say,no..i still date women even though i am in between male and female.

honestly the two are unrelated and one should not decide the other.
OMG! There are other trans people on this site... yey, now I don't feel so alone : )

As for the actual question:
Nothing would change, that's certainly been my experience, that said I've always known I was female (And thus a lesbian) since I was a small kid, so I guess one could argue that my gender hasn't actually changed (That's certainly how I see it - The idea of gender is nothing more than a social construct anyway, so it's hard to define... the way I see it my physical body is changing, but not my gender). However if my gender was to change, and I began living as a male, I am certain I would still be attracted exclusively to women.

Sexuality and gender are just two completely different things, they're not linked in anyway, and just because one changes, it does not mean the other will: Trust me on this.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
denseWorm said:
I'm sure I could convince myself to let a sufficiently nice guy penetrate me, if I knew that this was the way nature intended me to operate. There are nice people out there, I don't see how a lesbian couldn't enjoy a penis penetrating them - it's a chemical, physical thing, a lubricated vagina is designed to reward the female (and male) for interface with an erect penis - I'd be interested to know if some lesbians wear a blindfold and pretend it's a dildo for the sake of having a baby for themselves.

It seems like a nice, 90s kind of thing - two lesbians find a nice man who they respect, invite him into their home and talk each other through a sexual encounter. Sounds very 90s. I wonder why people never consider courses of action like that?
I've read this in a comic by Jay Naylor before..

but..

OT:
I like women now, as intended. If the alien changes our gender does he also change our mentality, or are we exactally as we are, but oppisite gender, then I wouldn't be able to like men. I don't really like now.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Bisexual now...No reason why I'd change my sexual orientation if my sex was changed. If my preference towards either sex would change, I'm not entirely sure. I'm just going to play it by ear.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Razada said:
I was actually going to say homosexuals originally, but then changed it to gays, as it's the more normal, everyday term, and I didn't want to appear too formal. Which isn't brilliant reasoning, but I don't see any problem as, in my experience, the terms are pretty interchangeable.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
That's kind of a dumb question.
Gender has nothing to do with sexual preferences, so even if the first changes the second is most likely staying the same.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Err no? I mean if the alien did change my gender by force, I maybe attracted to the oppersite gender or at least bi at most.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Welp, I'm a pansexual so doesn't really matter which side of the gender wall I'm on! So no, I wouldn't change my orientation.

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
If I had the choice, I'd go Bi. I'd be a Unicorn; *everyone* wants the Unicorn. The world would be my oyster! My life would be a haze of sweaty bodies and adoring fans. Everything I could possibly want would be handed to me on a silver platter with a smile on their faces.

Hey Aliens! I'm right here! Come and get me! Please!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
if i was turned female suddenly?
I'd probably lack a preference, why?
girl/guy: natural way of things
girl/girl: hot
why limit your self :p

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
Well changing your gender does not change sexual orientation. As any transgender person. Though some find their tastes changing. But assuming this 'magical alien sex change ray' can also alter our orientation at the same time.. No I wouldn't change mine. I am pansexual anyway, so gender and sex of my partners just isn't something I much care about.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Phasmal said:
I dont find women attractive at all. So I guess I would be a gay dude.
I think the point of the question is that you could choose to change your sexual orientation. I.e. decide whether or not you want to find women attractive once you've become a man.