Poll: would you die for your country?

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
If the country was invaded, yes.
If I was being sent to another country to fight, no.

Raso719

May 7, 2011
It is far braver to live for your country than to die for your country...

I think I heard that in a movie once.

Gibboniser

Jan 9, 2011
Depends on the reason, if the UK suddenly decided to invade central Europe for teh lulz so to speak, hell to the no, if it was perhaps to liberate a country from an oppressive regime, hell to the no, if it were to defend her shores against the threat of invasion, hell to the yes.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
eh. I don't give a rats about my country. So long as I can practice my kung fu and play a game here nd there, I don't really care.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I would. I live in Canada. Sure I don't always agree with everything our government does but I would proudly give my life to preserve this country.

funkzillabot

Dec 10, 2009
I would not die for the U.S. FUCK NO! I love the U.S....mostly, (and all our fucked up problems in it) But, no freaking way. The U.S haven't done ANYTHING worth that sort of loyalty. And the country on a whole, doesn't know what the word "loyalty" even means.

souper soup guy

Aug 8, 2011
Unless my death directly saved a lot of people, i.e. I jump on a grenade, I would not.
I mean the U.S.A is great and all, but I'm not willing to throw my life away just because some general said so.

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
gabe12301 said:
Would you die for your country? It's pretty straight-forward.

For me yes. If your not willing to die for it, then why live there? You obviously don't love it there very much.
So if I won't die for my country I shouldn't live there?
Well then where am I suppose to live?

MutetheDrunk

Oct 5, 2009
Would I die for my country? To me, my country is the place where my friends,family, and the friends and family of my friends and family lives. I am willing to risk my life and die for my country if that means i could save these people from harm.

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
Stammer said:
I would. I live in Canada. Sure I don't always agree with everything our government does but I would proudly give my life to preserve this country.
I feel exactly the same about Australia. I mean sure the government is fucking it up royally but It's my country, they paid for my education, health care and training.. it's the least I can do.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
I've had dreams of being in the military since I was a little child, joining up with the Naval ROTC soon, so yes. I would. Happily.

Sk1ver

Mar 19, 2011
No way. My country wouldn't die for me. Isn't an unbalanced commitment or passion evidence of an abusive relationship?

stabbymcstabs

Jun 16, 2011
I would die for my country, but i would never die for the people running it.

Our government is a bunch of bloody retards who scrounge money in any way they can.

Also our Prime Minister is a Freaking dumbass, signing a deal that we take over 4,000 refugees over 4 years and our opposite dealing country takes 700 in a one off move.

Australia is going "down under" (ahhaha halarious) very quickly, and i aint seeing us getting back up any time soon.

So yea die for my Countries land, but not my Countries Leaders

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
No I'm not going to die for my country. If I did that, I wouldn't be in it anymore anyways. And why say that I don't love my country because I'm not going to die for it? I love my truck, I'm not going to take a bullet to protect it. That's insane.

Maybe in the end I love life more than I love my country and you love your country more than life itself. So what?

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
If my death would accomplish something, then perhaps.

As it stands it wouldn't benefit my country for me to die right now.

luclin92

Apr 22, 2009
yes, but the military did not accept me. weird since some of my friends that did not want to join was forced to go. (Norway is really weird when it comes to stuff like that)

DesertMummy

Jan 6, 2011
No, I'm good. There are enough red necks to do that for me. I really don't feel that much of an obligation to the what essentially is just the patch of dirt that I happen to be born on.