Poll: Would you drive across Africa for $1 million?

DrunkenGrognard

Jun 16, 2011
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Be the kind of adventure I'd regret turning down the rest of my life if I had the opportunity and didn't. I'm a good enough driver and I'd probably pick a driving-buddy based on someone else good at quick auto repairs.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Lawyer105 said:
I've lived in Africa... and it'll take a damned sight more than $1m to get me to go back there!
ive been there and almost got bite by a dam snake so yeah im with you unless they up the anti im good staying were i am.

TheAmokz

Apr 10, 2011
No way. I'm pretty sure i would be eaten alive by lion/guerillas before i reach South-Africa.

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
Certainly. Heck, for a million dollars and a chance for dangerous and life-changing adventure I'd even walk it.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
hell, I'd PAY to do that XD
TheAmokz said:
No way. I'm pretty sure i would be eaten alive by lion/guerillas before i reach South-Africa.
hurray for stereotypes >.<
you do know that most africans have never even seen one of those, right? they're called 'endangered species' for a REASON!

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
Absolutely! I'm pretty adventurous so doing this would be like getting paid to take a vacation.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
I'd try but I doubt I'd make it, My plan would probably buy enough food and gas for the whole trip at the first decent looking place then stay in the car the whole time lol

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I would not risk it. It would take forever on the more crappier roads and I do not fancy my life in danger from political turmoil and disease running amok.

But if there was a television show about this, I would watch the full season in a heartbeat. That sounds thrilling.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Sure, I would do it as long as I have my gun with me and all the ammo I need, just in case.

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
I accept so long as my weapon can be this:

Anyone that gets near me is SO getting soaked.

Sep 14, 2009
Crystalite said:
gmaverick019 said:
if there was zero threat from "humans" (militia and all that shit included) then i'd be tempted to, as driving long distances has never bugged me, and i'm used to diverse amounts of weather as is so that would be a no brainer also.
wow... just... wow.
I get that africans are somewhat of the bogeyman, but to put their status as human in question?
The 19th century called and want their racism back.
I do hope you didn´t mean it that way, even if I doubt it.

okay i think you misunderstood what i meant from that, i was not in all intending anything racist nor hateful in any manner, i was merely stating that some countries are dangerous, regardless of "who" it is, from a child to an old man, and that is what i meant by "human", it had nothing to do with the fact they are african, hell they could be american, if it was a shady place in america i would say the same thing about that area.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Mmm... Puch G, nice! I would do it for free (if I get to keep the car, of course).

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
Step one: Challenge accepted.
Step two: Bring friend who's first language is French.
Step three: Win

J.J

Aug 24, 2009
Google search some things.

Bring friend: Army-experienced; French-speaking

Friend translates: "Sir/Ma'am, I will give you 72 thousand Dirhams if you fly me, my friend, and this car to this location, or as close as possible."

But being more realistic (;P), I would definitely do this. One mil is extra incentive, yes, but I really need (not just want) to get out of my home country and explore other... anythings around the world. :| I feel extra scrub status never having been out the country, much, yet.

My lingual knowledge is nil, but otherwise, I've had my good share of outdoor and travel experience. Also, I don't afraid of locals like other people afraid of them with... whatever they feel they deserved to be caught/maimed/etc. for by random people.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
It would be a great way to see Africa, and with the proper preparation (brushing up on my French, choosing someone who speaks French better than I do, upgrading the vehicle to make it more rugged, etc) the trip might be doable. The trick would be to choose a route that takes you through as little unfriendly territory as possible. For instance, that swing into southern Sudan is a bit worrisome.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
It'd be good fun, but I might adjust the route slightly depending on road condition. Off road vehicles burn an awful lot of gas, so you really need to be going on good roads and near towns as much as possible.

uberhippy

Apr 28, 2011
I've lived in Africa for a while before (and traveled around)
It's a beautiful continent (though I've so far only seen Ghana and Kenya,,, some of the nicer countries)
I always wanted to experience more of the amasing contenint, and with an oppertunity like this I'd be all over it!

I'd do it,
In fact I'd do it for free! :)