Poll: Would you enjoy the universe if it turned into an anime?

Omegalus

Nov 8, 2010
yeah it would be fun...i just hope i'm not one of those people who keeps getting sent flying because someone/thing hit me by accident or because i'm "annoying" to them. Seriously even if you heal/recover in ten seconds, who'd want to go through the punishment Brock gets in the Pokemon Anime

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
It would be quite amusing to say the least.

I think the most interesting thing about it would be that everyone's lives will follow a plot-line of sorts. Bored with work? Get sent to the south China sea on business, and wind up joining a company of pirates. Bored in high-school? School get's attacked by monsters and you end up on a globe-trotting adventure to save the world. Go to bed one night? Have a weird dream, wake up in a new world and have no recollection of your previous life- and then a pair of bloody big angel wings sprout from your back.

It would make conversations at the pub that bit more interesting that's for sure. How on earth it would work for everyone i don't know, the economy would crash unless these adventures only apply to certain people- in which case societies divided between "protagonists" and "background characters".

In general though, things like magic, god's, secret societies, mythical beasts and lots of beautiful big breasted women would exist. Even if i end up as background character, i'm in.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Nouw said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
You're allowed to speak English, but it'll sound terrible and won't match up with your mouth ;-)
Gimme a hi-five. At least talking will be more interesting xD.
*internet high-fives*

Ninja'd I was, though that was a golden opportunity to be fair.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
I would hate it.
I'd much prefer for the universe to follow some sane laws, and not have everyone be some uber-powered maniac or what have you. No, if the universe was to become some sort of fantasy land, I'd have it high fantasy and all its tropes, or the Mass Effect universe. Anime universes are just too whacked for me, and the ones that aren't just don't appeal to me.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
No, I would probably kill myself just to avoid having to live in such a place. In fact, I am pretty sure that if I die and go to hell, that is what it would be. I can hardly tolerate just WATCHING an anime, let alone living in one.

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
Depends on what anime. if going to one of the silly slice of life ones wouldn't be bad but if its DBZ style everyone would die and the earth would blow up at least once a year.

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
I doubt I would enjoy it, not being a fan of anime, so I may have to figure out how to change it back to normal, or maybe into western animation

BryceS62

May 9, 2011
To me it depend on what kind of anime if its like Naruto id be like fuck that I like stuff happening faster than a human lifetime. Or those harem animes where 8 different women are all in love with the same guy i would hate it if the world was like that, I have a hard enough time choosing my breakfast cereal in the morning let alone a lover. If life where an anime i would want it to be along the lines of Gundam having giant robots flying around fighting each other would be awesome.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Yikes... every woman's figure gets exaggerated into either loli or hugely voluptuous and no one's getting laid, eh? As a connoisseur of more mid-sized breasts on women with a healthy bodyfat percentage and a good amount of lean muscle mass (also, as a person who loathes being around sexually repressed people)... I think I'd be in hell.
Unless the world was more of a seinen tropeville, in which case I think I'd be okay with it, if not exactly happy. At least most of the women would be attractive... the insanity of 'em would get to me after awhile, though... not to mention the constant risk of being killed in an elaborate, if creative, manner.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
See, I was going to say a resounding no but then,
TheRightToArmBears said:
Considering how much breast-sizes would increase by, yes. Very much so.
So, I'm undecided. :p

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
japanese female voices....
I pity the women in such a world.

on the other hand, if the world is like Full Metal Alchemist I'd dig it.

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
My job would be a tough one, so many people fighting means a lot of injuries to treat! Oh, and I don't fancy being kidnapped :|

(My badge from that quiz is showing, I actually did it a while ago. If you can't see it, I got the White Magic Girl: You're pure-hearted, cheerful and innocent, and you firmly believe in the power of love and peace. You have a tendency to get kidnapped, but everyone needs a healer.)

EDIT: If my life's soundtrack was composed by Nobuo Uematsu, then hell yes!

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
You mean filled with slutty underage Japanese girls, giant robots, cliches around every corner, and everyone over emoting themselves?

Absolutely not.

Now if it were more like Castle in the Sky... that I could tolerate. Tolerate.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
That's waaay to vast. If you mean an anime that falls into the school life and/or slice of life genre where limited amounts of gravity defying happen and it's only in comical situations, then still no. But if you group it all together then there will be a sharp contrast between rules and genres.In any case, no... Just, no... All the girls will become insane over-reactive self-righteous bitches for the most part although almost all of them will become instantly sexier. But It would be too much to put up with. All the men pretty much will become extreme perverts and we will be the target of female abuse for the rest of our school lives. We would suffer from extreme nose-bleeds whenever we saw a sexy girl, and vice-versa. If you were in a fight it would take like 15 minutes of dialouge and freeze/slowmo frame for a punch or kick to actually hit you and you have to wait there like a sitting duck for it to hit you because apparently you can't dodge it. There are just too many fucking crazy things about that. It would be complete and utter insanity. And the weeaboos will probably be the rulers of this insane world holding ritualistic required dansen of caramel every day. Just too much crazy stuff to even comprehend. My god! I think I'm going to be sick just from thinking about it! *HURPH* *Ahem* No. That is my final thing to say on this matter before I lose all of my sanity.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
CulixCupric said:
follow all the rules of anime
There are many contradicting "rules" of anime.
Maybe you should pick one particular anime and ask how it would do for us ? :)

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
Well, my liking computers would probably cause me to get into hacker battles every other moment when I'm not exploring the internet as though it were virtual reality so...

actually that sounds kind of awesome.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Can I turn Subtitles on and beat people with them? Because that would be damn funny.