Poll: Would you ever flush actual money down the toilet?

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Let's say you've just won the lottery. You now have 28 million dollars at your disposal. You're rich, obviously. Would you flush money down the drain, just because you could?

I just came across someone mentioning that on another forum, that they were "flushing money down the drain," but of course it was metaphorical. But that got me thinking if I'd ever actually do it. I mean, if you're rich, a couple of hundred bucks isn't going to matter to you, right? So why not, just because you can, flush them?

I actually think that I wouldn't do it, but I've been poor all my life. Twenty dollars is alot of money to me, even with my job. I can't see it changing even if I became rich. I'd still want to spend my money wisely...but then again I'll never know. So, what about you?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
No, of course not. People only do that when it's about traceable money that's been stolen. If this is the lottery, don't waste money. IT'S A FEDERAL OFFENSE!

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
There could be some miserable soul living in the sewers that could need that money way more than I! But no, I wouldn't.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Nope. There are much better ways to waste money that would be much less likely to damage my plumbing.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
Nope... I can forsee money clogging my drains and having to wait for days for a plumber to come to my house, go through the toilet pipes, find a wad of cash and give me the biggest "what the fucking fuck is your fucking problem fucker" look ever as I explain to him that I felt like flushing money down the toilet because I can.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
God no, I would prolly die of an overdose within the first few weeks of winning but I would never through money out.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Vohn_exel said:
Let's say you've just won the lottery. You now have 28 million dollars at your disposal. You're rich, obviously. Would you flush money down the drain, just because you could?

I just came across someone mentioning that on another forum, that they were "flushing money down the drain," but of course it was metaphorical. But that got me thinking if I'd ever actually do it. I mean, if you're rich, a couple of hundred bucks isn't going to matter to you, right? So why not, just because you can, flush them?

I actually think that I wouldn't do it, but I've been poor all my life. Twenty dollars is alot of money to me, even with my job. I can't see it changing even if I became rich. I'd still want to spend my money wisely...but then again I'll never know. So, what about you?
Sorta. If I won the lottery? No. But if runaway inflation makes it worthless, yes.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Hell no, I'd be too busy buying guns and ammunition, then spending hours at a time every day at a shooting range. Ammo's cheap, but it adds up.

Shakaar9267

Look at me, I'm burning.
Nov 30, 2009
Flutterguy said:
God no, I would prolly die of an overdose within the first few weeks of winning but I would never through money out.
This is the most honest response I have seen in a week.....

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Only if the money was laced with diseases.

And then I'd probably have it given to the peasants so I could continue to laugh at their suffering.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha well it's good to know that everyone's thrifty, if not for some strange reasons :p