Poll: Would you ever hit a woman?

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
I hit women all the time.

In MMA training, it's common to have mixed gender sparring - and seeing as my two partners are both black belts I regularly get shown who's boss.

My rule of thumb is never to strike anyone first, and usually I don't have to hit someone in response to an attack. If someone is to hit me, their beginning stance etc is so obvious I can easily use the momentum to place them on the floor.

After manipulating someone in such a manner, they quickly remind themselves they're being foolish. Thankfully that situation is incredibly rare, and usually fueled by too much alcohol.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
I'm more of a 'disable and lockdown' guy, but sure, I would hit a girl.
I'm an equal opportunity puncher.

magicaxis

Aug 14, 2008
Vault101 said:
women are generally weaker and generally (when hit by a man) recieve alot more damage, its not a fair fight

I wouldnt condone hitting anyone relardless of gender...unless its under certain circumstancses

liek say shes coming at you with a knife

as for me yeah...if I had to reason to hit a girl I would..we would be on an even playing feild afterall
Hey...is your DP supposed to be the canine version of Garrus?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
As a female myself, I would do it in self-defense. I don't tend to lash out like that when I'm angry, I know if I lash out on a person it will only lead to more trouble.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
ace_of_something said:
I don't know hitting is not okay.
Usually my 'hitting' of someone is grabbing them and pulling them to the ground in some way or another.
I had one woman grab my balls and aggressively offer a sexual favor for letting the 8 oz. of crack cocaine and unregistered (but broken) firearm go. When I pushed her away and said 'don't let me get you on attempting to bribe on an officer and sexual assault now' she flipped out and repeatedly tried to kick, scratch, punch, whatever my groin area. I was a full 14 inches taller though so it wasn't hard to deflect said attacks.
When she had her hands cuffed behind her in the cruiser she was trying her best to place things into her lower body orifices. It just made a ghastly mess and then... wait what were we talking about?
Oh right... I've hit more than a few woman, men, teenagers. That kind of happens sometimes when you're a cop. I absolutely HATE things escalating to that point but it happens.

She got a sexual assault charge too.
"14 inches" and "orifices" popped out immediately, in context it's a lot less sexy. :(

I've had to hit a girl once before when I was 13 or so. When you're that age, boys haven't really had their major growth spurts and everyone is still about the same size. I still weigh less than the average American woman by about 30 lbs, so I don't consider myself to be at physical advantage. Especially considering I'm a good deal taller, which throws off my center of gravity. I also have the grace of a newborn foal.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
magicaxis said:
Vault101 said:
women are generally weaker and generally (when hit by a man) recieve alot more damage, its not a fair fight

I wouldnt condone hitting anyone relardless of gender...unless its under certain circumstancses

liek say shes coming at you with a knife

as for me yeah...if I had to reason to hit a girl I would..we would be on an even playing feild afterall
Hey...is your DP supposed to be the canine version of Garrus?
hmmm yeah, pretty much

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Self-defence is a given in this one. Any other situation and I might just chalk it up to 'depends'.

jw1410

Aug 31, 2011
Probably only in self defence, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8Jw-VYflY

Luna

Apr 28, 2012
I do not hit ladies, because a real lady does not hit a man, it is unladylike. If she hits me then unless she has a very very good reason, she is not a lady.

I treat women in this regard in a, (potentially slightly more gentle manner), than if a male of their size were to do the same thing.

To give them a free pass is to absolve their responsibility of violence, and since I believe that women have the same mental capacity as men, it would be patronizing to not hit them back.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
People shouldn't hit other people period. About your story, simply two wrongs don't make a right. But if it was say self defense yeah I guess I could hit a female meth addict with a lamp or something to save my life.

Dahdutcher

May 1, 2012
I'll never hit a woman.
Well, unless she's trying to kill me, in that case it's kill or be killed >_>

But other than that, I will never hit a woman. I'll push when necessary, but never hit them.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I've hit my sister when I was younger if that counts...

Though saying that, she always punched me back just as hard when I did do it.

Yeah, she's actually kinda tough, believe it or not.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
I would never be the instigator but if a girl comes at me I'm fighting back. I have done it in the past, she slapped me in the face with her hands covered in hand sanitiser, I accidentally wound up ripping out her earrings.

She never came at me like that again. And she was my friend so it wasn't some random person.

Captcha: "Describe NBC with any word(s)" My answer: Not Shown in Ireland