Poll: Would you ever hit a woman?

magicaxis

Aug 14, 2008
I'm quite curious as to the popular opinion on this topic. Traditional values say we should not hit anyone, ESPECIALLY women. But now with equality and all that, perhaps the common consensus has shifted?

What is your opinion?

I'll tell you my story:
In year 9, a girl in my science class named Danielle would, every second day, sneak up to me and slap me across the face - hard. She'd then laugh and waltz off, knowing she was untouchable.
After a week and a half of this, I saw her coming. She went in for a slap, I caught her arm with mine and backhanded her as hard as I could with the other. She never bothered me again, and I was cheered.

I believe I acted properly. Do you?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
women are generally weaker and generally (when hit by a man) recieve alot more damage, its not a fair fight

I wouldnt condone hitting anyone relardless of gender...unless its under certain circumstancses

liek say shes coming at you with a knife

as for me yeah...if I had to reason to hit a girl I would..we would be on an even playing feild afterall

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Depends on the situation. I'm not into hitting people in general but if she poses a threat to my safety and others I will. If it's in good fun I will, but lightly ;).

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I wouldn't hit anyone, regardless of sex.

The only thing that would make me hit someone is self-defence if I needed to, like pushing/punching them away from me if they were laying in to me.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
I once did, in primary school.
She was bigger and stronger than me though :)
I punched her in the face, then her head hit a wall, bounced back and hit my fist again. It was hilarious (to me, not to her).

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
Depends on the situation, I wouldn't hit any one out of pure anger. But if they were attacking me I would hit back

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Well i have a policy to never start brawls with anyone, so that would mean that she was the one who decided to take the conflict into fisticuffs territory. In that case i would have no qualms about hitting a woman, equal oppurtunity for all i say!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
In self defense, I certainly would.
Just as I would a man. I don't really hit people though.
The only time I can remember that I've supposedly hit someone was in kindergarten. A kid was being an asshole, so I pushed him to the ground, jumped on top of him and started wailing on him with my fists.
I can't remember the incident myself, but I've been told about it by a friend who was there.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Well I wouldn't go looking for a fight with one, but I say if she lays her hands on you (violently) then a man has every fucking right to defend himself. If a woman slapped me, I'd slap her back. If she hit me square in the jaw, I'd do the same thing. I wouldn't overreact to it, but I certainly wouldn't stand for her action.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I would never hit anyone at all, not even in retaliation or in self defence. If someone bigger than me attacked me for whatever reason, fighting them would be stupid because I would lose. If someone smaller than me attacked me for whatever reason, fighting them would make me an asshole because I would win. The only reasonable thing to do is run, run away.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Only if it was self-defense and I mean genuinely in fear of my life, not she hit first. Like if I'm on the ground as drunken bogan teenage girls kick the shit out of me or something.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
"Her gender is irrelevant to my decision"

I think any other answer is sexist.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Don't think your poll has enough options.

I guess I will either put gender is irrelevant or never under circumstances, cause I wouldn't hit anyone unless my or anothers safety is in danger.
I am a woman, but I'm not going to vote `I am a woman` because that tells you nothing really does it?

I dont believe this `equality means you can hit women` mentality, I would have thought equality means you shouldn't hit men. Generally you should not hit anyone, I thought that was well known.

But, really? Did we need this topic? The vast majority of the escapists attitude to gender politics is well represented. They dont need another soapbox.