Poll: Would you have been an adventurer?

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
All of you are sitting in the dark talking to anonymous morons in a cheap effort to rationalize your ineptitude for social interaction, often beneath a thin guise of misanthropy or depth.
This is the internet. The safest place for people who fear the world, and you're asking if anyone here would explore it? Why would any of you been less worthless five hundred years ago than you are now?
None of you would have been adventurers.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
Krythe said:
All of you are sitting in the dark talking to anonymous morons in a cheap effort to rationalize your ineptitude for social interaction, often beneath a thin guise of misanthropy or depth.
This is the internet. The safest place for people who fear the world, and you're asking if anyone here would explore it? Why would any of you been less worthless five hundred years ago than you are now?
None of you would have been adventurers.
I don't understand why you are throwing these accusations at me and the people who have posted here. You do not know anything about us.
The internet is actually a place where like minded people can all connect with others they would normally never meet, and share there experiences, ideas and question each other.
Please refrain from leaving such rude and disrespectful comments from now on.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I dunno. Exploring does appeal to me. Sea sickness and scurvy on the other hand, do not.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
yes i am a great explorer.

but i'll be the one leading the team. and later on taking the best cabin and chilling around while giving out orders.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Amnestic said:
Assassinator said:
Amnestic said:
I'm not really the Exploring type...more the "Quiet adviser to Royalty" type. So no, I'd probably be sat in England dishing out wisdom.
HARHAR THIS IS YOU:
I was thinking more along the lines of this [http://www.wizardio.com/images/merlin.jpg].

A GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD!
actually that wormtounge resembles your avatar a little.(in color that is)

KrakFoxx

Oct 29, 2009
Quad08 said:
So North America hasn't been discovered yet and you have the option of going sailing with a crew to go see whats out past the horizon. Do you?

I would like to say I would have, but probably not in the first wave of explores. I'd have waited to see what they find first.
same for me, especially since people thought the world could have just ended, dont want to accidently step off the edge, and... i'd have to look for EL DORADO!

Teraspark

Nov 19, 2009
Bah! Scurvy? I can handle it...I think.

I'll be well up for exploring the New World if it was possible. Better than boring old Europe anyways. Mind you, the Natives won't happy to see us.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
rokkolpo said:
Amnestic said:
Assassinator said:
Amnestic said:
I'm not really the Exploring type...more the "Quiet adviser to Royalty" type. So no, I'd probably be sat in England dishing out wisdom.
HARHAR THIS IS YOU:
I was thinking more along the lines of this [http://www.wizardio.com/images/merlin.jpg].

A GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD!
You did not just compare Haruhi to Wormtongue.

They're not quite one and the same:

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
Furburt said:
I'm not the biggest fan of scurvy, so no.
Haha thats why you stay behind and wait to see what happens to everyone else

KrakFoxx said:
same for me, especially since people thought the world could have just ended, dont want to accidently step off the edge, and... i'd have to look for EL DORADO!
I guess I should have mentioned south america in my post as well...

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
I'll wait first. Knowing how expeditions in that time were set up, I wouldn't be a fan of joining them. Some danger is all fun but I don't want to be stuck on a boat for 4 months and then die of scurvy. I'd definitely go into space in this era, though.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Amnestic said:
rokkolpo said:
Amnestic said:
Assassinator said:
Amnestic said:
HARHAR THIS IS YOU:

A GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD!
You did not just compare Haruhi to Wormtongue.

They're not quite one and the same:

i dunno, they both have that creepy "i wanna rape you" look....

OT: yeah i woulda went, city life gets sooo routine and boring, plus i just finished reading Endurance and im pumped! SHOW ME DA BOAT!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I like adventure, but not the Columbus kind. With respect, that's a really horrible journey.