Poll: Would you have sex with your cousin?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
SirFlamingLoboOfDoom said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
Volf99 said:
garjian said:
Volf99 said:
As for my culture, I LIKE MY CULTURE. Don't tell me how to view my culture. If you don't like my/your culture, fine. However don't tell ME what opinions to form on Jewish culture.
I didn't, I asked why you should care.
and if you choose to base your opinions on that, and be ignorant of all the arguments in front of you because of it, then don't dare judge and impose restrictions on others.
Why do I care? Because I'm human and its natural for me to form an opinoin on something. As for judging people, again I'm human and WE all judge people. I judge you and you judge me. It's natural and I see no problem with it.

Again I never said I would prevent anybody from doing it (restrict them) so stop telling me what my opinion is.

Last thing, me following my culture doesn't make me ignorant.
BLINDLY following tradition culture religion makes you extremely ignorant. You fully well know there is no good reason to not be okay with it yet you are still appalled by it because of your culture. That is one of the worst kinds of ignorance....WILLFUL Ignorance.
Thanks for showing your ignorance, because I never stated that I followed all my cultures beliefs. For example, I eat shrimp (I love it) and I'm physically active on Saturdays.
You think I don't call Christians ignorant because they pick and choose? Just because you abandon some things because you know it is bullshit doesn't mean you are not ignorant.
Seriously, me not agreeing with you doesn't make me ignorant. Also just just stated I was "blind" and was "WILLFUL[LY] Ingoran[t]", so I provided counter examples to show that I don't accept everything I'm told. Thus, I am not "blind" nor am I "WILLFUL[LY] Ignoran[t]", because in order for me to be such, I would have to follow the rules against shellfish and about rest on Saturday.
JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ABLE TO IGNORE SOME THINGS DOESN'T MEAN YOUR NOT IGNORANT.
You are willfully blocking out knowledge that would tell you there is nothing wrong with Consented sex in all forms.
I am not blocking out anything. I find it disgusting and it so happens that my culture does too. Do NOT tell me what my opinion on the subject should be.
Your blocking out the fact that there is no good reason to be disgusted by it. It doesn't "so happen" to be that way....illogical ideas like this are introduced not spontaneously created.
I had no "incest is bad!" from my up bringing from my traditions religion and culture so when I first though about it I could go...No problem with incest whatsoever. You were exposed to your culture with "incest is disgusting" and you can't accept that there is no evidence that consented and protected sex is negative and thus that it is perfectly fine.
As I have stated in previous post, I don't blindly follow everything so you can stop telling me that I just feel this way because my culture says to. If that was the case, then I would also not eat shrimp or do anything on Saturday.....but I DO eat shrimp and I AM active on Saturday. Hence YOUR idea that I only feel this way because my culture does, is.complete.bull.SHIT!

As for evidence, I never tried using science in any of my post, I just stated my opinion. As for incest being "perfectly fine", I disagree. You don't have to like my opinion, but you're not going to change it.

My opinion is based off my personal feelings on the matter, that is all.
Seriously...please someone explain that you don't need to believe everything to be influenced.

Explain how some Christians ignore slavery and yet they are against homosexuality. Just because they apply their morals on one thing does not mean they truly think or wound have truly thought that homosexuality is wrong. Just like you apply common sense to shrimp yet you think incest is wrong. Please rebut this point or tell us the true origin of your disgust.

It is not science that something is wrong until proven right. I said why it is right tell us why it is wrong or admit you just think that way for no reason at all. (Is it okay to practice incest? is debatable so don't keep saying its your opinion without telling us why)

And where did your personal feelings come from? Thin air? One day you think about incest and you just think its wrong for no reason and you make it your "opinion"? I think its your culture so prove me wrong.
I guess you just like seeing the same response, because I'm not changing my stance on the subject. I find it gross, disgusting, off putting. You will no sooner convince my find men attractive (nothing against homosexuals), than you will get me to decide that incest is ok. You want to know why so badly that vI expressed my opinion? Because this is a forum and the OP asked us a question to answer. I'm stating my opinion for the same reason your stating your opinion, because YOU CAN.

Idk where my personal feelings came from. Perhaps I'm just wired that way. The same wiring that told me to like Batman as opposed to any other character. (btw like my opinion on incest, nobody told whether or not to like batman).
I wanted a really reason so I was asking you and you kept on saying the same thing about me trying to change your opinion like questioning your opinion is a bad thing. I am also stating my opinion on your opinion too because I can.

This is what I was talking about. Too bad your answer is.....Um i dunno? I wanted to go somewhere because your opinion was the most interesting. I still feel you got influenced from somewhere because it would be impossible to create such a...strong opinion.

I guess It's finished now...nice talking with you. And no hard feelings? (Please forgive all the words I used because It was not to insult you but I felt they were accurate descriptors)
well now that you have come off so nice about why you were doing what you were doing, I'll give in a bit. I suppose the media influenced me too.

Fore example, this one Takashi Miike tv movie called Imprint touches on the subject (and it's a movie I would sugguest watching if you like horror):

The whole time we were discussing this subject, I couldn't help but think about this movie. If you watch how incest plays a role in this movie, you might see why I feel the way I do.

Also, Old Boy (korean movie) is another example of how incest is shown in such a way that seems to cause other people pain (at least in the movie).

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Deathleaper said:
Lets say you have a distant cousin(3rd, 4th, or 5th) and the 2 of you find each other attractive, and both of you were close enough to actually have feelings for each other. You hang out, and the topic of it comes up, and your cousin is up to it. Would you do it if no one knew about it?

If she were my 3rd cousin, I may. 4th or 5th definitely, we're so distant it wouldn't even matter.

I'm asking because recently I was at a family gathering, and a lot of my relatives brought along some friends(ie, people not related to me), which wouldn't make it a "family gathering" anymore and just a party. I was sitting at a table and this girl I have never seen before sat next to me. I figured she was a friend of one of my relatives. Yadda yadda yadda, we flirt but then we find out we're related(3rd cousins). She still seems interested in me, and Vindictive God help me, I may go for it.

So what about you, Escapits?
Just for someone who wants to have a conversation with someone he doesn't know on the internet and not look it up on Wikipedia (you caught me, I realised I could look it up, but hey I'm asking anyway), do you have any blood with this cousin?

For me blood, no, no blood, what's the difference? Maybe in a giant family where everyone knows each other or something, it could be a bit akward, but in a strange way its perfectly logical to me. People in both families were attracted to each other somewhere, so, you should both be attracted to someone who was from the same family as before (if you get me there).

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Just go for it I would say. Sex is something entirely different from marriage. Use protection and there is nothing to worry about. And besides 3rd cousin, that's pretty far related, hardly any blood.
I don't known any of my third or second cousin. Suppose I could go for it first are out of the question. Not because of blood relation (I would just use a condom). But because I'm really close with my first couains, I regard them as my sisters and brothers. So that's not happening.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Well my uncle is adopted so my cousin and me aren't even really family and I only see them like twice a year and she is really hot.
So, yes I would and yes we did.

Russirishican

Feb 9, 2011
As long as there is no chance for babies. Like I don't think I would even risk it with just a condom, she'd probably have to have her tubes tied. If all that happened though I'd go for it. If no one knew about it that is.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
Two of my 2nd cousins are smoking hot, so I am tempted, but it would be weird. Just fooling around, maybe, but I wouldn't procreate with them.

Haukur Isleifsson

Jun 2, 2010
So a third cousin shares your great great grandparents? That's 5 generations. So the people connecting your blood and there were born sometime in the mid/early 18hundreds. Just asking cause you use such different terminology in these matters than we do over here. That would be totally acceptable to me. I have 8 Facebook-friends just that related to me and I never knew before I looked them up in our national genetic database. If I go back 7 generations then I would exclude about half of my FB-Fs, 8 and I would have only 15% left (most of them foreigners). So unless I'm going celibate I sure as hell am going to fuck some cousin sooner than later.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Quite frankly, yes. I have quite a distant family, and I don't think I've even ever met my 3rd cousins (and onwards), so I wouldn't have any of that sibling aversion to attraction. If I was introduced to a 3rd cousin, and she and I got on well, yeh, I'd be fine with a romantic relationship forming.

I probably wouldn't be that public about our relation, and we might have some issues with family not agreeing with it, but it wouldn't bother me, and I wouldn't judge anyone else that ended up in that situation.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
lithium.jelly said:
Why the hell not? In most places outside of the USA, sex, romance and even marriage between 2nd cousins or more distant is considered quite acceptable and there's really nothing weird or wrong about it. American culture is full of the weirdest hangups.
This and what more than a few others have said. Hell, my ex-girlfriend and I even roleplayed that we were siblings once or twice, and after it ended she decided to become like a sister because we've remained so close despite it all.

Now, I don't have any female cousins (1st, 2nd or otherwise) so it's rather a moot point, but the fact remains that if I did have one, and she was interested, I'd certainly be willing to see where it went. I have heard that quite a number of people are curious about relationships with family members (regardless of how far removed), but it is entirely possible that the desire exists so strongly in some because of the fact that it IS frowned upon.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Hell yes! The keyword here is condom.

And I assume you just meant sex, not going further and getting engaged, married etc.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
My cousins are 4 and 6, so no.
My cousins are my cousins, so no.
My distant cousins are mostly men, so no.
My distant cousins are my distant cousins, so no.

Simple as that mate, good luck to you if you choose to go with this incestious relationship but I can't possible endorse it, say it's okay or say I'd do it myself.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
3rd cousins, so is that actually a blood relation or by marriage? I know nothing about family trees and that, I know who my first cousins are and that's about it. I'd still say no though, since society tends to frown on it, and I'd just find it odd, since the only cousins I know are ones I've been close to since birth and feel more like siblings with.