Poll: Would You Kill Baby Hitler?

Poofs

Nov 16, 2009
Ok, lets assume that one day you wake up with extremely limited time-travel powers and the only way to gain the full extent of your time-traveling powers is to travel back to January 1, 1890 in Germany and confront baby Hitler

What would you do in this situation?

Would you kill Baby Hitler?
Would you just take your full upgrade and leave?
Would you do something else?

I WANT TO KNOW!

also if you choose option 3 please elaborate in your post
if you choose another option elaborate anyways

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Depends how much better these "full extent" time travelling powers are compared to what I have now.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
No. World War 2 ended the Depression.

Besides, at that point he was just another child. He hadn't yet had the upbringing that would pound the idea of Nationalism into his head.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
To kill a figure of such historic importance could forever cripple us in ways we cannot imagine. Now the USA not constantly trying to relive its only true major military victory would probably be a good thing but god look at all the things round the word we attribute to the war. The fact the cold war never went nuclear is a testament to Nagasaki and Hiroshima. The current EU might never have become possible. NATO might never have been formed. The cold war might never have happened.

Yes by removing Hitler before the second world war ever kicked off could have saved millions, prevented the holocaust, but, what would have happened if we had never learnt those lessons when we did? What could we have done without the ability to look back on what happened?

Id much rather have the history we know, no matter how dark it might be, than risk provoking something far far worse.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Voted yes, but I rethought my decision, since at that point he's just an innocent child, and maybe my visit to the past threw off the space-time continuum and averted the Holocaust. Since it only says confront, not necessarily kill, I'd use my full time-travel powers to go back to the past and stop him if he rose to power again.

DMonkey

Nov 29, 2009
No. If the Nazi party didn't have Hitler, they would have someone else.
The whole thing looked so inevitable.

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
NO...that would make Rip Hunter sooooooooooo mad...and Booster would stop me anyways...

anyways, everything that happened in the past must continue to stay untampered, unless we want more bad to spawn...

Now...by "confront" can I just say "hi" to baby Hitler, leave, and get my full powers unlocked? 'cause the future is open for molding :D

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
No, I would not kill baby Hitler. That could seriously mess up the time-stream, and who knows what could happen then.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Yes because he eventually causes the suffering of millions of people. Though I wouldn't look at him as I murder him.