Poll: Would you leave the Escapist if Zero Punctuation was discontinued ?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Hell no. These are great forums. Besides, I visit much fewer forums than I used to so it makes no sense to stop with my main forum.

I just think that we'd get fewer new members and maybe over time the community would shrink back to being a tight-knit place. That has it's bonuses, but it's a different beast entirely to a large community forum that we've got now.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
I doubt it. Like most other people, I started coming here for Yahtzee, but there's plenty else to keep me here. I don't post very often on the forums, but I like reading them (and I'll jump in if something catches my eye). The articles are interesting, but mostly because I've been a fan of Moviebob since long before he got picked up here, so I'd stick around for Escape to the Movies and The Big Picture, if nothing else.

Although, to be fair, if I'm level grinding or doing something else where I don't have to pay particularly close attention to story and dialogue, I will typically start at episode 1 and run through the entire ZP backlog. Main draw or not, they're still fucking entertaining!!

Mumonk

Mar 14, 2010
No, although it was the reason I even heard of this place. G4TV showed a Zero Punctuation on TV once and thought it was hilarious.

But I enjoy the forums here cause the mods are good at keeping the trash out. Also Movie Bob is my go to guy for movie reviews =P

I miss that one writer though, forget his name, I think the article was "Reliable Source", it showed a guy with a big polka dot tie. He was funny as shit =)

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
No, I would keep coming to the Escapist, in recent months Zero Punctuation hasn't been as appealing to me, recently I've been far more interested in Extra Credits, so I would still keep coming here for that.

KalosCast

Dec 11, 2010
It's pretty obvious this thread would get an overwhelming "no" response. The people who come here exclusively for ZP (or other specific videos) probably don't even have accounts.

ductape10

Nov 20, 2010
zp brought me here to this tresure trove of articals and videos i would still come back if zp left

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Nah. Forums and user groups are the only thing I really come here for, and I really don't watch ZP anymore.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
magicmonkeybars said:
Based on another thread,
(http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.265573-Poll-The-show-the-escapist-couldnt-survive-without)
many people seem to think that the Escapist wouldn't surive without Zero Punctuation or atleast suffer an exodus of members.
So I ask, would you leave if Zero Punctuation wasn't a part of the site anymore ?

(Sorry if the poll doesn't work.)
I'd be tempted but Escape to the Movies would keep me coming back
but I might only sign on on Fridays

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
magicmonkeybars said:
urive without Zero Punctuation or atleast suffer an exodus of members.
So I ask, would you leave if Zero Punctuation wasn't a part of the site anymore ?
Let's say that The Escapist Magazine is a dinner party, and ZP is the appetizers. It would be less convenient without it surely, but doable still to keep the party going. There's a whole smörgåsbord of other delights to be had.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Considering I trolled (not troll'd) GT.com before joining the Escapist... no, as I still remember the shit that goes on over there. Though the middle of the week would be pretty boring...

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
God no. I love the Escapist. It keeps me up to date on pretty much all the game news i need or even want. This place is awesome.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
While ZP brought me here, the forums and the people are keeping me here. They can cancel any of the shows, but if the forums are still around and people I can still find people I like, I will not leave.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Helll naw!
I love the constant flow of news and the other stuff (comics, videos, articles, etc) and i wouldn't find it anywhere else. I wouldn't really bother looking, too.
Yahtzee brought me here. Everything else nailed me down with very big nails

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Nope. I may have come here for ZP but I stayed here because of the other great content here and the forums. Sure it would suck if ZP ended or stopped showing here, but there are still plenty of other stuff on the Escapist that would keep me coming back.