Poll: Would you leave the Escapist if Zero Punctuation was discontinued ?

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
nah. zero punctuation's fun, but if it disappeared, I'd still hang around.

question though, what happened to stolen pixels?

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Wedsnesdays would be a lot less fun, but I'd still come here.
Also, freaking pancakes, man. Freaking pancakes.

JTLW

Jan 23, 2009
I probably would.I occasionally watch other shows, but none particularly entertain me. The forums can be fun, but I generally get my intellectual discourse elsewhere, making another forum redundant to me. I still post every now and again if I see a topic that catches my eye, but I generally come to watch ZP, and post on the odd thread.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I came for the Yahtzee and stayed for... well also Yahtzee.
But I would stick around for the news.

ChicagoTed

Aug 5, 2010
While zp is a great source of lulz it is not what keeps brining me back to the escapist I watch most of the shows hosted on this site and suprisingly enough it wasn't zp that made me check out the website but instead my favourite shows at the time were There Will Be Brawl and Apocolypse Lane.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
I'm not a big fan of these forums (too heavily moderated), but I do enjoy the videos, reviews and daily news. That's why I stay.

Besides, Extra Credits > Zero Punctuation

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
I already leave the Escapist all the time, irregardless of Zero Punctuation.

The annoying voice guy in Extra Credits does make it a bit easier for me to leave though... oh and that video about Survival Horror where he talks about HORROR and not SURVIVAL Horror was annoying and wrong...

I've said too much

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Ace: I think what many people are forgetting is that the 'fanboys', for a lack of better terms, of respective games are the ones who like creating long winded pointless posts under Yahtzee's videos and/or extra's. So ironically enough, when Yahtzee 'stops' so will the the number of people who have an IQ lower then a Gerbil humping a Rat on Coffee, and those are the ones who visit this site more often then anyone else, say as opposed to the more mature people who don't make dead baby jokes. So in both cases we win...or lose...pending on your definition of winning.

Angel: Many people already visit once a week at best to watch Yahtzee rant and write his Extra's. So I don't see how this is will affect that site that much, unless the aforementioned fanboys who visit every hour to...umm...you know, start a flame war.

Luigi: Although, Yahtzee brings in loads of new users and/or keeps them coming back. I and a few buddies of mine would never have discovered a few of the other stuff on the Escapist if it wasn't for Yahtzee...controversy is the father of all curiosity.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
No. I love the show, but it's not my main reason for using the site, and I don't think I ever really comment on ZP videos. Unskippable, ENN and Extra Credits would still be here, and I just like the forums.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
No, but I would probably stop in less. But I really love the forums and Extra Credits of course. And Check for Traps and the Vox Populi (what happened!!!?)

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
The only people who will vote in this thread are the ones who were interested enough in the site to want to make an account. The vast majority of people who watch Zero Punctuation don't fit into that category.

Sendura

Jan 14, 2011
I'm really not sure. I did come here for ZP and think it's pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. Listening to Yahtzee rant about video games is just hilarious. However, I still look forward to Escape to The Movies every week. Not too bothered about forums.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Nope.

It's always great to watch, but there are many awesome things on The Escapist ;)
Look above my avatar. :p

OT: There's so much more to the Escapist than Zero Punctuation. It's good, but I prefer Extra Credits and the forums.

Apr 29, 2010
Even though I came here because of Zero Punctuation, the departure of said show will not lead to my leaving from the site. To be honest, I don't watch ZP anymore.

TheRobotandtheBeast

Aug 9, 2010
i came to this site originally for Extra Credits, i voted for EC. but i stay because this site has a bar of quality that is rarely surpassed by other sites.

MarcusD357

Mar 27, 2009
Whilst i only found out about this site because of ZP, I don't even watch it anymore unless it's about a game I'm interested in - even then I sometimes don't watxh it. I've grown tired of his continuous negativity and in my opinion, it's got to the point that Yahtzee has used up most of his good stuff and is now in the realms of the not so good. I prefer the forums and some of the other series' on this site :)
Although I'm annoyed that Doomsday Arcade finished..

kek13

Sep 23, 2010
Hell no, even if ZP did abandon ship (unlikely I think, Yahtzee has got a good deal going) there are still a lot of awesome shows and comics on here that I would continue to follow.
Not to mention that this is the friendliest gaming community I've EVER seen on the internet.