Poll: Would you like to know the exact moment of your death?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
So heres a wierd question. If someone could tell you the exact moment you will die , with 100% certainty ( year / month / day / hour / minute ) would you want to know? , or would you prefer to not know and go on with your life ignorant of the moment it will end? The person in question would not be able to tell you the way you will die, but no matter where you are or what you are doing you will die at that exact time ( also he does not influence the time just tells you it ).

I personally would like to know, because knowing would help me plan out the rest of my life, so i would be able to enjoy it.Being a healthy 22 year old i think that i dismiss death ( although i wouldn't throw myself in traffic to tempt fate ) as something that will happen much later or not at all , but that mentality really prevents me from enjoying life, you would enjoy something alot more if you know it was the last time. Then again The pain of knowing my time is coming would be tremendous because you wouldn't want to go . But i'd rather know than be ignorant to when it would happen ( if i had a choice )

Feb 9, 2011
No, I wouldn't really want to know. I'm not exactly the most optimistic person I know, so knowing the time of my demise would just make me more pessimistic in the end. Besides, I like surprises.

Jan 27, 2011
Ignorance is bliss.

Hell no. Knowing that the end is coming and that there's nothing you can do as it inches ever closer....yeah, I don't want that hanging over my head for the rest of my life. Especially if he tells me I die in only a few years (or less). That would drive me insane.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Yeah, because that means I can defy death however, where-ever and whenever I want!

I'll be the first man to stay underwater for 24 hours!

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Do we not have free will? No one could possibly know the time of their own death unless they are about to kill themselves. Even if you are told when, you could change it through your actions...

Sammisaurus

Jun 10, 2011
Oh man. I really wouldn't want to know that, but I know my curiosity would win in the end. I prefer to not be offered at all. That way I don't even have to think about it!

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
I would like to know. That way, I could get everything in place (wills, trusts, all that), not start anything that I wouldn't be able to finish and not get into relationships if I got too close to the death day.

Plus, I could dress my best for the occasion!

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Yes, it would give me something to look forward to.

Plus, I could die wearing what I want. If I am going out, I am going out in style.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I want to know exactly 156 seconds before my death to which I can than run into the streets to tell the world to watch me die. Morbid, but death must not be ignored, it's the purest truth in life.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
I would... but just to fuck with fate. Say it says that my death will come in 3 weeks. Tomorrow, I will jump off a 100 story building face first. Either

A) I will die, and prove that fate is a load of malarkey

B) I will survive in a coma for 3 weeks until I die at the predetermined point. In that case: HELL YES! I survived a 100-story drop onto my face. I am freaking Superman here.
I got ninja'd. Dammit.

Yeah, this. I don't like the idea of fate.

But if fate is real, I would do crazy shit because hey, I WON'T DIE UNTIL IT'S MY TIME! HELL YES.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Nouw said:
Yeah, because that means I can defy death however, where-ever and whenever I want!

I'll be the first man to stay underwater for 24 hours!
Final Destination would like to dissuade you from such antics :p

Nope, everyone relationship needs a little bit of mysteriousness, otherwise it just gets bland.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
This is one of those times where I know it's just a hypothetical but I can't answer anyway. Every time I consider how this would work my brain just goes: no.... that's just impossible.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Titan Buttons said:
Where's the fun in knowing how it ends?
What's the fun in getting married, driving away from the chapel with your new bride and then getting hit by a drunk driver who was speeding through the red-light, dying instantly?

If you had known this ahead of time, would you have gotten married so you could leave a widow behind? Hmmm?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'm guessing this all means you can't avoid your death, but I'd still want to know. Don't want to leave any loose ends.