Poll: Would you like to play a video game set in your hometown/city?

Mr Binary

Jan 24, 2011
I suppose if it were accurate, yes that would be pretty awesome. I`d know all the hiding spots and my way around in general. I think it would be an interesting experience at least.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I think it could quite interesting actually. A GTA style game could work, but there's no weapons here so it couldn't be a realistic game. Gang riots here are fought with broken bottles and an occasional knife though that's rare.

ParanoidEngineer

May 20, 2009
Large village in England with a population of about 6000? Why would you not make a game about that, that'd be awesome! (this post contains limited sarcasm).

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Mangles69 said:
Cos like Adelaide, Australia is going to be so FUN to play a game in right...
NOT

fuck all to do down here

captcha: learn from mistakes

ok then...
I feel sorry for your lack of imagination.

Really, I do.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Small tourist and wine town in the south west of Australia as the setting for a survival horror game?
It would work and I would probably like it.

The game starts with a cut scene of you sitting in the back of a car, no dialogue just your mother and father in the front seats quiet. This is when your car gets side swiped by a truck and everything fades to black. Right after you wake up at your desk, at school. this is where you learn about the kid you're playing but after about 20 minutes of playing, while in class all the people disappear and you're stuck in an augmented reality, alone.

You have to solve puzzles and deal with the personifications of your fears and problems like your fathers alcoholism, mothers depression, best friends death, boyfriends betrayal (o yer you're a girl) and your own death as you figure out you died in that car accident and that this is a second chance at life, but you have to decide whether you truly want to go back.

You will never actually figure out whether you were just in a coma or if it was something else but after seeing this girls life through metaphors you will decide whether she'll be better of dead or alive.
The game will touch on issues that affect small towns like alcoholism, road deaths and ignorance.
It would be an awesome game.
In fact I'm going to sketch up some concept art.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Zhukov said:
Yeah, I guess, if only for the curiosity value and to see who would possibly want to set a game in Hobart, Australia. (That distant rumbling noise you can hear is all the other Aussies on the forum laughing at me.)

It would be pretty dull setting.
As someone from Melbourne, you could probably see me posting this from your two heads. XD

Yes, Melbourne you be a great place for a game.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Lucem712 said:
DoPo said:
Lucem712 said:
Why did you change your avatar?! RIP happy, jumping around, tiny dragon. You will be missed.
Someone noticed! :O
It's in honour of the US elections, (bit early, I know.) Do not fret, the original avatar is saved and will probably be returned afterwards
Return it NAO!

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
Hmm. What to do with Perth? Driving in the city is usually a pain, so a GTA game might not work in there. There isn't a huge amount of crime here, but considering the bikies we hear about in Western Australia, I wouldn't mind a Crackdown-like game being set here. Good luck having the agent climb the Westpac building, though.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Lucem712 said:
I don't think it'd be terribly interesting, though it would be interesting to a native and kind of freaky, also.

This is what the game would look like set in small town, NM.
I know this is a long shot, but by any chance are you talking about Corrales?

OT: Probably not. The most we have to offer around here is Albuquerque, which isn't much compared to other cities. I think "Breaking Bad" is pretty much the most excitement that fictional media is going to get out of us.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Only if it was a zombie game and I could kill all the old people moving around town blocking up the paths at 0.00001 miles an hour, stopping every so often to look in shops they have absolutely no interest in.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Could be interesting to play around in Melbourne and the surrounding suburbs. I know my way around fairly well for the areas I've been to, so instant bonus to navigation there.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
Home town? Hell, no, unless it was a small-town psychological horror game in the Silent Hill vein.

Where I live now? Absolutely. I live in southeast London, and I would love to see a Grand Theft Auto game set here. (I know they already did one, but that was before GTA 3, and I want a full-on 3D London.)

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Probably not, seeing what reputation my hometown has after the movie Hostel.
It could be interesting though, seeing as we have both new buildings mashed with historical centre and some really cool communist architecture, sometimes evoking that STALKER feel.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
It would be quite hillarious having a game in my home town. The fact it has a very generalised reputation for thugs, alcaholics and dope smokers and all the women pushing prams with their children at the age of 16 would be a hillarious take on a spin-off for a GTA game.

Honestly its not true, but you could take it as being biased but it still would make for an hilarious game none the less.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I don't really have a home-town since I move every couple of years, but if I could have a mod for something like Day Z where the map is my local area, that would be quite fantastic methinks.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
I'd love to see Sydney done in a Fallout type of style.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, but having Fallout set in Oz makes for way more interesting and deadly creatures.