Poll: Would you play World of 'StarCraft' if it was released?

pSY'oniK

Jun 23, 2010
Other (the one vote)... Its the simple simple reason there is... a starcraft MMO is AT BEST, 10 years before its release date.... i mean the following 3 years will see 3 starcraft II releases, you'll have a diablo 3 release (with a subsequent expansion) and Cataclysm... besides i dont really know how to pull it off cause, i mean sure WoW is based on 1 world but in Starcraft you'd have to implement space shooting and weird awkward stuff like that... and we already have EVE so yeah ... no i wouldn't play it (just as i'm not playing WoW, despite the fact that i am a blizz whore) i wouldn't give money on a monthly basis to play something based on the starcraft universe... if i want something in that area there is always STARCRAFT !

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Marmooset said:
Get back to me when you have "World of Diablo".
Diablo 3 looks like it's pretty much already a co-op game, given that you're going to be paying for it, and unlike MMOs, has way better gameplay.
Well then I'm set. Thanks!

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Oh god. WoW already ate four and a half years of my life. This would be the end. THE END I TELL YOU!

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
I just can't see this working, short of it being compared to WoW due to the publisher alone. Besides, I highly doubt ActiBlizzard is going to need the money anytime soon.
Development (provided it hasn't already begun) would take a few years alone. Then there is beta testing, advertising, marketing... granted, you'd already have a fanbase, but a foundation is fine as long as you have something to build on. What are you going to add to an MMO version of StarCraft to keep it fresh and interesting and inviting to new players? That's a lot of hurdles to overcome to repeat the success of WoW.

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
Mm, I'm neither here nor there about the idea of a MMO Starcraft game, but I honestly don't see what you could even do with it, really.

Ashendarei

Feb 10, 2009
It's unlikely I'd play it, or even pay for it to try it out. The only space marine MMO I'm considering is the Warhammer 40k one that's coming out soon.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
MMORPG: Give us money each month, and we waste your time with hours of joyless nothing.

You can dress it up however you want; MMORPGs are the Anti-Christ of gaming for me. Sorry.
A strong cooperative/multiplayer game should not need grind to justify it. Ever.

DarkInsight

Sep 6, 2009
Marmooset said:
Get back to me when you have "World of Diablo".
This, all the way. Diablo 3 itself looks like 100% pure, unadulterated awesomeness, and if its as addicting as the second one...

OT: I'd probably play it... You could probably have a really cool classing concept with the Zerg, start off as a larvae, and evolve into what you want to play.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I voted 'Maybe', but it is quite unlikely. I've got my hands full with WoW as it is. Starcraft is just fine as an RTS, there's no need to make World of Starcraft so long as WoW remains alive.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
Sorry, even if it is Starcraft, I still hate MMOs with a passion. Unless Blizzard does something really amazing or innovative.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
It would depend entirely on gameplay, originality, features, and most importantly, if it has a subscription.

Subscription services are always a no for me.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
No, because MMOs are a waste of time and I don't have enough of that to waste.

Danallighieri

Jun 3, 2010
If done properly I think it'd be a great thing, I'd love to play as a Dark Templar or somethin' in a MMO setting, it'd be pretty cool to say the least

DrTrevelyan

Aug 14, 2009
I would definately play a World of Starcraft if it came out, however, I'd hope that it were of a higher quality game than WoW is. It would have to be a much more action oriented campaign and focus less on level grinding.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
As much as i would love more sci-fi MMOs, Starcraft is crappy setting for that. It would be just WoW with guns, whole lore would be just written on the go, as it is the case with Warcraft's world. Face it, neither setting really had anything established, best example is how warcraft world changed from 2 to 3 and from 3 to WoW. No consistency at all.
Id rather see original IPs or a proper use of WH40K.