Poll: Would you play World of 'StarCraft' if it was released?

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Only if I could be a zergling....

Actually, don't really know what that is, as I don't play starcraft, but I have always liked the name Zergling.

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
Maybe, if most of the WoW playerbase moved over to it. I'd bet most would because most players are getting burned out.

A Diablo MMO would make much more sense imo.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
John Funk said:
It'd probably work better than the 40k MMOG if only because there's actual examples of the factions working together instead of everyone fighting everyone forever.

But a MMOFPS would work better.
You Sir, deserve a big slap with a crab across the face. Yes it harsh, but so is spreading such terrible heresy.
But on a more serious note... Imperial Guard works with Space Marines, Empire sometimes was forced to work along with Eldar, Chaos sometimes works with Dark Eldar and sometimes manipulates Orks into their schemes, Tau are open for anyone that wants to fight for Greater Good, pretty much only Necrons and Tyranids are loners, due to the specifics of their races.

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
A reskinned Warcraft that'll bore me in a week?
No thanks.
I played Warcraft for a month and it just bored me.
I didn't reach the level cap.
I wasn't bad at it.
I had friends to help me out, and got pretty decent gear.
But it just bored me...
So yeah, I'd rather Blizzard keep Starcraft an RTS...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Keava said:
John Funk said:
It'd probably work better than the 40k MMOG if only because there's actual examples of the factions working together instead of everyone fighting everyone forever.

But a MMOFPS would work better.
You Sir, deserve a big slap with a crab across the face. Yes it harsh, but so is spreading such terrible heresy.
But on a more serious note... Imperial Guard works with Space Marines, Empire sometimes was forced to work along with Eldar, Chaos sometimes works with Dark Eldar and sometimes manipulates Orks into their schemes, Tau are open for anyone that wants to fight for Greater Good, pretty much only Necrons and Tyranids are loners, due to the specifics of their races.
Oh noes, I like StarCraft lore better! What a terrible person I must be :D

The humans are either evil and corrupted or HERESY RAWR PURGE THE UNCLEEEEEEAN?

UPRC

Mar 5, 2010
I wouldn't play it, mostly because I don't care much for Starcraft. I was a big Warcraft fan well before WoW, so playing it was a no brainer.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
I hit other because it comes down to the same reason I won't end up playing The Old Republic: I'm not going to pay to play the game.

Blizzard only has one MMO to my knowledge, and that costs 15 a month, and I have no reason to believe World of Starcraft wouldn't do the same. But Diablo is free, so maybe there would be hope...

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Yes, yes, and yes.

I could give a hoot about it being the StarCraft universe though. I just want a well polished, fully realized Sci-Fi MMO already!

-I tried EvE - bleh. I don't like resource gathering and gaming markets...and that's basically the game so far as I can tell...

-I really enjoyed SWG - but what a dated game.

-I'm currently trying Global Agenda now that it's Free-to-Play - so far I am unimpressed.

So, I am quite keen on SW:TOR at the moment, but I am really hoping that Blizzards unannounced MMO in the works is something Sci-Fi. Heck, I'd even like it if were just a re-skinned WoW in a Sci-fi setting...which I've been waiting for as well...

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
They are already making that game.. It's called "Warhammer 40k online" *g*

Also: Maybe... but i am not really a fan of Blizzard at the moment. They would REALLY have to make it VERY good for me to care.

Buddahcjcc

Sep 22, 2008
-Samurai- said:
It would depend entirely on gameplay, originality, features, and most importantly, if it has a subscription.

Subscription services are always a no for me.
You can bet anything that combines Blizzard with any of their titles + MMO WILL equal sub fee. I dont see them EVER making a free to play game (especially as theyre cutting Starcraft II into 3 games "so they cam make a full game"... Which is the biggest load Ive ever heard. They might've just been honest about it and said "to make more money" instead

Im looking forward to TOR but the supposed they need 1 million subs to stay afloat thing has be worried

Not 1 million sales, 1 million active subs to break even

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
Marmooset said:
Get back to me when you have "World of Diablo".
That'd basically be Diablo, except with all of the boring, MMORPG filler-crap thrown in to water it down. Don't touch my Diablo.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
It wouldn't translate well into an MMO. The whole basis of Starcraft is to send an army and/or fleet into battle with another person's army and/or fleet. An MMO is basically one character running around doing missions and quests. It'd be cool if people could get together and fight off a Zerg rush, but in my experience with MMOs, there are too many people who want to go off and do their own thing.

Buddahcjcc

Sep 22, 2008
Low Key said:
It wouldn't translate well into an MMO. The whole basis of Starcraft is to send an army and/or fleet into battle with another person's army and/or fleet. An MMO is basically one character running around doing missions and quests. It'd be cool if people could get together and fight off a Zerg rush, but in my experience with MMOs, there are too many people who want to go off and do their own thing.
Which is why the 40k Warhammer MMO is going to be interesting, as Warhammer 40k is like that too

KlausH

Jun 21, 2010
Hell Yeah! A RPG with troops?! AWESOME! "Go FireBat! Kill that Orc!". I would play it. (if it was free)

WaNNaBJusTLiKeU

Jun 26, 2010
Aux said:
Yes please and make another Warcraft RTS.
Warcraft 4 is something which I would love to be released, however i'm sure Blizzard said they weren't going to return to it because WoW had changed the story to such a great extent that it just couldn't fit in.

Aux

Jul 2, 2009
WaNNaBJusTLiKeU said:
Aux said:
Yes please and make another Warcraft RTS.
Warcraft 4 is something which I would love to be released, however i'm sure Blizzard said they weren't going to return to it because WoW had changed the story to such a great extent that it just couldn't fit in.
I have heard rumors of this which is quite unfortunate. However I think it might still be doable. Not that this would ever happen but they could put out a RTS between WoW and WoW 2 (if they go that route) or after Blizzard is done releasing content for WoW they could make a RTS that takes place 20 years in the future?

Again I doubt any that would happen but it would be nice.