Poll: Would you rather have the power to 'forget' or to never forget?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Would you rather have the power to either forget a memory or remember everything you come across? Note that you remember everything in vivid detail and the only way of possibly remembering the forgotten memory is by Deja Vu.

I'd much rather have the power to forget, say goodbye to any pictures from Offended or the Slenderman!

Not a Username

Dec 4, 2010
Not sure, so I'll compromise: I'd have the ability to vividly remember everything, but delete any memories I'm not fond of at will.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
Never forget, man would that be so much more helpful.

Yeah there are things I'd rather forget, but honestly that's how we learn.
EDIT: Although video-games wise, it would be sweet to play through single-player modes again and again.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
forgeting can be good, but remembering means learning and understanding, which leads to improvment, which is always good.... ill take the latter

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well since I can survive any visit to /b/ without any eyes getting destroyed, I'll go for never forget as I am virtually immune to the random shit that plagues teh interwebs.

Although being about to go through my favourite animes forgeting them, then watching them again would be pretty epic. Now if you'll excuse me i'm off to watch the music video from PSG for the billionth time XD

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
The forget thing. Then I can play BioShock for the first time again and again.

Koveras

Apr 11, 2009
There was actually a case of a man who never forgot anything in his life. He ended up going insane and dying because he could no longer distinguish fantasy from reality. Our brains are supposed to forget things we NEED to be able to do so.

So I'll take forgetting at will. Then I can forever delete the atrocity of the original star wars movies being edited to hell.

Shining_Pyrelight

Oct 17, 2010
I'd rather be able to forget. There are some things I don't want/need to remember. And I think if anyone could remember their own birth and gestation, they'd go insane.

andrew.wright16

Sep 14, 2010
I think remembering everything would be haunting. Nobody goes their whole life without making a mistake that bothers them. They cope with it by putting it to the back of their mind. Never forgetting would be torment. I wish I could just forget stuff at will- would make my life so much easier.

Sure never forgetting helps you learn but sometimes certain things are best forgotten for your own peace of mind. I wonder, would younger people rather remember everything and older people rather forget? I would imagine so.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Never forget. The potential for learning would be infinite.

The whole forgetting things you don't like sounds like a pussy way to deal with things.
Someone needs to look at the Encyclopedia Dramatica's "Pain" article. Then say you don't want to forget.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
Never forget.
Trust your instincts.

Anyway, I'd choose to never forget because happiness is an emotion that I wouldn't want to forget. I can pretty much deal with all the bad crap that comes my way.

Plus, I'd be smarter too. ^.^