Poll: Would you rather have the power to 'forget' or to never forget?

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
I'm gonna have to go for never forgetting.

Bad memories are a small price to pay for the ability to learn new things effortlessly, plus the past shapes who we are - why would you want to forget it?

Mar 9, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Never forget. The potential for learning would be infinite.

The whole forgetting things you don't like sounds like a pussy way to deal with things.
This. Be a man grow a pair and deal with those memories instead of repressing them. Let them build you to be a man who is super awesome. I'd be super knowledgeable and emotionally capable, what more can I want?

EDIT: Just as a note here, I didn't mean that those who repress memories aren't 'men'. I was merely kidding around.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
never forget. It's easy, to forget is to stop learning and understanding. Forgetting about anything stops you from learning, which stops any individual growth you might have had. Causing somebody to forget about an event is possibly the most cruel thing you could ever do to that person.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Never forget. I can deal with bad memories but photographic memory is too useful.

KiLl_RoY

Jul 11, 2009
Forget, so i can forget going to school and say:eek:h, im sorry i forgot to go to school.
That would be awesome.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
well I already have a pretty good ability to forget things, especially things that I need to remember.

so I would go with never forget that way I can actually do stuff for school on time

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
It's quite a hard choice, actually, because ignorance is bliss but I'm of the opinion that every experience is one that's worth having, even if it's bad. Every memory helps a person grow and develop. However, I've never had something truly awful happen to me so it's kinda unfair for me to say this

Grygor

Oct 26, 2010
Phlakes said:
ciortas1 said:
Never forget. The potential for learning would be infinite.

The whole forgetting things you don't like sounds like a pussy way to deal with things.
Someone needs to look at the Encyclopedia Dramatica's "Pain" article. Then say you don't want to forget.
I've seen it. Several times. I've seen worse things.

I still don't want to forget.

Cmichaels

Jul 14, 2010
Not a Username said:
Not sure, so I'll compromise: I'd have the ability to vividly remember everything, but delete any memories I'm not fond of at will.
Doesn't sound like much of a compromise. A combination of them, really.

My name is Fiction

Sep 27, 2010
Insanity is a small price to pay for the ability to [If you wanted maybe...]
bring the world to its knees and bring forth a new world order!
>:)