Poll: Wow, I'm a sad person, I guess.

capin Rob

Apr 2, 2010
A few days ago in my F.C.E clas (Family and Consumer Edutation) we had a stupid talking circle about marriage, everyone in the class, except for me said that they wanted to get married, and one of the girls two seats away asked me quietly, "Don't you think thats depressing, being alone?" And then it hit me, I think beng alone is a bonus in life, and the majority of people think it is a sad depressing way to live.

As for the disscussion value of this, who else likes being alone, and who likes companions in life.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
The poll needs more than just a yes option. Being alone is ok sometimes. Marriage isnt what its cracked up to be either but just get a girlfriend. You can have sex and enjoy a relationship without losing your manhood and half your possesions.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Don't worry, one day your balls/vagina will drop/start bleeding, testosterone/estrogen will flow through your veins, and a strong urge to find love will take you over (Haha! I just made a joke about your (wo)manhood. Hilarity!).

In all seriousness though, one day you'll want somebody. Your emotional growth just seems a bit stunted.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I enjoy it. I find being with other people do be a very draining experience. I sometimes like to be with others, but only for short times, otherwise I start to dislike the experience.

capin Rob

Apr 2, 2010
DividedUnity said:
The poll needs more than just a yes option. Being alone is ok sometimes. Marriage isnt what its cracked up to be either but just get a girlfriend. You can have sex and enjoy a relationship without losing your manhood and half your possesions.
Yeha, I messed up the poll, chalk that up to me messing up and hiting enter to move down one step, but entering the post :p

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
capin Rob said:
A few days ago in my F.C.E clas (Family and Consumer Edutation) we had a stupid talking circle about marriage, everyone in the class, except for me said that they wanted to get married, and one of the girls two seats away asked me quietly, "Don't you think thats depressing, being alone?" And then it hit me, I think beng alone is a bonus in life, and the majority of people think it is a sad depressing way to live.

As for the disscussion value of this, who else likes being alone, and who likes companions in life.
Hell is other people.

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
I was actually thinking about this and yes I agree with you, I would prefer to be alone than stuck with someone I wont love after a year

ChaoticAwesome

May 23, 2010
Well I have begun menstruating (because puberty is hilarious to kid about, donchaknow) and I still don't want anyone special. I was eight when I first declared that I'd like to be a hermit and I come from an entirely "normal" and completely nuclear family setting, so any theories about me just being a emotionally stunted victim are thrown clear out the window.

The fact is that you are not a freak. You just have different priorities and a different view of how you want to live your life. You're fine.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
I'm one of those people who is kind of against marriage, but craves the whole companionship thing. (Being divorced will do that to ya.)

...actually, let's be honest. I can't imagine ever getting married again. I've met someone who I care for very much, but if he asked me to marry him, either now or in the future, there is a 75% probability of my answer being 'no'. I don't want to go through the stress and pain and heartache that made up my first marriage ever again, and I don't want to be taken for granted in that same way.

...that was more than you wanted to hear. I'm shutting up now.

Fusoiya

Mar 6, 2010
I like not being bothered by people when I'm on the pc or do anything really, but I do enjoy it when people ask me out to chill at their place or when I hang out with some girls I know.

And bout the marriage thing, yeah I don't see the point in it.

Goremocker

Lost in Time
May 20, 2009
So far the cold embrace of loneliness is all I know.Trust me,when you take into account my age it's worse than it sounds.So I'd have so say it's pretty nice until I could state other wise.Also I hate most people so I'd take that into account as well.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Sad person? Because you don't need anyone else to somehow make your life better?
YEAH. GUESS SO.

That has always been such a stupid thought process, to me. Being a loner somehow makes you a sad freak or something.
I, personally, plan on avoiding companionship and company for as long as possible as soon as I manage to asshole my way of the connections I already have.
Being alone is a good thing. It means there are less people about to fuck things up for you.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
If you had asked me a couple months ago I would have said yes, I prefer being alone. However, now that I've made some really good friends, I prefer being with them. Although, I still like being alone sometimes, as it gives me good time to think and relax.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Being a loner does not bother me that much. I like staying home and being able to play videogames, read, or watch TV without having someone bother me because they want to go out and do something.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
This like many others is not black and white. Now do I find it depressing being alone? No, I enjoy the piece and quite. However do.. er would I like being one? No, I enjoy spending time with my "companions".