Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
i love being alone when i am away from other people i am happy

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
DividedUnity said:
The poll needs more than just a yes option. Being alone is ok sometimes. Marriage isnt what its cracked up to be either but just get a girlfriend. You can have sex and enjoy a relationship without losing your manhood and half your possesions.
Well, I was agreeing with this point up until 'marriage isn't what it's cracked up to be'.
I very much enjoy my alone time. That includes all forms, like gaming alone, offline. Sometimes I like to just think to myself, read to myself, with nobody around me asking me for things, or trying to talk to me.

However, I am also married. And you know what? I freaking love being married. I always have someone to vent and talk to who supports me and offers great, like-minded advice. She loves me back, she can cook like champ, and she's gorgeous. I didn't 'lost my manhood' when I got married, and I certainly didn't lose half of my possessions. Being married is awesome, and I wouldn't change that for anything.

And, for the record, 'sex' has very little to do 'not being alone', if it has anything to do with it at all.

On topic: OP, if you want to be alone, then that's cool. There was a time when I didn't think I was going to get married, and I was totally OK with it. Other people said that was sad, but I was genuinely OK with it. I started concentrating on my school work and moving toward my career without a worry or a care about finding 'the one'. Then I met my wife. BAAM.

Now, I'm not saying that you will find the one you love and want to spend the rest of your life with soon because you want to be alone. But sometimes you think you know what you want...and then you find out what you're missing. I was ready and happy to be alone. After I met my wife, and got to know her...I knew that I wanted to share every experience of my life with her.

I'd say enjoy your alone time, but just don't close yourself to the idea that: One day, that could change.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
I'm a loner already but i think marriage and kids is a future plan for me.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Naheal said:
Ekonk said:
There are no happy singles.
You lie, sir! I am one!
Well, I guess there might be exceptions, such as when you just get out of the clutches of a very unhealthy relationship, but overall, singleness does not improve a persons happiness.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
I love my alone time but I get sick to death of my self after a while. I would much rather hang with friends but sometimes you just need a break to sit around and do your own thing for a few hours. Also, I don't want to get married but doesn't mean I want to live alone. I'd much rather "live in sin" than get married. It's too much hassle.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I am and always have been something of a loner. I have friends who I see occasionally (when work and Uni doesn't get in the way for one/all of us) but I don't have any real need to see them.

To put it another way if I had no friends then I'd feel sad that nobody liked me, but I wouldn't really miss the company.

I am rather strange really.

As for relationships beyond friendship I am pretty normal there, I simply haven't come across anyone recently who I'd be interested in getting closer to, and one night stands do not appeal to me. While I do not see myself getting married or having kids I cannot say it'd "never" happen because it is always possible that I may come across somebody who may change my perspective.

Elle-Jai

Mar 26, 2010
capin Rob said:
SNIP... and one of the girls two seats away asked me quietly, "Don't you think thats depressing, being alone?"
Apparently she doesn't understand the difference between "alone" and "lonely". One can be alone and perfectly happy, and one can be lonely even when surrounded by people. I personally need a mix; I need to be alone to calm down, centre and recharge. I like being with people because I like being challenged in my views, or just having company to watch anime/listen to music/get lunch with or whatever.

I'd go absolutely crazy if I was either constantly alone, or constantly surrounded.

Silent Lycoris said:
Most of the time yes, however going out with friends sometimes is alright I guess =3
Gee. Thanks. No wonder J doesn't want to sign up to the forums when you're busy insulting us lol.

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
Elle-Jai said:
capin Rob said:
SNIP... and one of the girls two seats away asked me quietly, "Don't you think thats depressing, being alone?"
Apparently she doesn't understand the difference between "alone" and "lonely". One can be alone and perfectly happy, and one can be lonely even when surrounded by people. I personally need a mix; I need to be alone to calm down, centre and recharge. I like being with people because I like being challenged in my views, or just having company to watch anime/listen to music/get lunch with or whatever.

I'd go absolutely crazy if I was either constantly alone, or constantly surrounded.

Silent Lycoris said:
Most of the time yes, however going out with friends sometimes is alright I guess =3
Gee. Thanks. No wonder J doesn't want to sign up to the forums when you're busy insulting us lol.
Lies ^.^

Looks like he will have to join and tell me off then won't he. =3