Poll: Wow, I'm a sad person, I guess.

Crash 9000

Oct 22, 2009
Woodsey said:
Crash 9000 said:
All the chicks I have ever spoken to lose interest in me when I say I have a terrible career that doesn't pay much. I don't, but if they know I have a good income they might only want me for my money.
That's a slightly flawed plan, considering it makes you sound like a going-nowhere-loser.

And why should anyone be interested in someone like that?
My point is, I am an interesting person, just I claim to have a bad career. Surely a person would not care about a potential partner's income if they are a good person?
I simply claim I have a poor income and a boring job. And if they don't wish to be around me, I don't mind. I would rather be loved for who I am than loved for my income. And if I can't be loved for who I am, then oh well, I guess I'll go buy a new GPU with that money I would of spent on a partner.

By your definition if someone makes a poor income he is a going-nowhere-loser? Yeah, must be! No such thing as financially-poor people who are interesting or anything!

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Crash 9000 said:
Woodsey said:
Crash 9000 said:
All the chicks I have ever spoken to lose interest in me when I say I have a terrible career that doesn't pay much. I don't, but if they know I have a good income they might only want me for my money.
That's a slightly flawed plan, considering it makes you sound like a going-nowhere-loser.

My point is, I am an interesting person, just I claim to have a bad career. Surely a person would not care about a potential partner's income if they are a good person?
I simply claim I have a poor income and a boring job. And if they don't wish to be around me, I don't mind. I would rather be loved for who I am than loved for my income. And if I can't be loved for who I am, then oh well, I guess I'll go buy a new GPU with that money I would of spent on a partner.

By your definition if someone makes a poor income he is a going-nowhere-loser? Yeah, must be! No such thing as financially-poor people who are interesting or anything!
Well, it depends how tactful you are with it. If you just blurt it out at the first opportunity, well, that seems pretty silly. Would being vague or not bringing it up unless asked directly help?

doctorjackal777

May 25, 2009
I love being alone! Really I do! The more I'm away from people the better I feel. That's not to say I never leave the house. I enjoy going out, shopping, movies, dinner, carnivals etc just the next guy. I just prefer going to them on my own. Going with other people causes conversation, and when I'm trying to enjoy the event I'm attending I really don't want to have to stop having fun every now and then to talk to you.
Also as far as finding my significant other, I'm sure they're out there, but I have no interest in going out and looking for them. Relationships are tedious things, because they always lead back to 'wow I haven't seen you in a while, how come you don't invite me out to do stuff anymore' telling the truth of 'because I don't want to' is very mean. Doesn't mean I don't like that person anymore. After all they haven't changed they're still good people, I just don't want to be with them or anyone else while I'm enjoying myself.

Tekkawarrior

Aug 17, 2009
I voted yes, but It's not that simple.

I like being alone most of the time because you have nothing to worry about, and you can just spend your time on whatever you like.

When you are in a crowd or have company, you usually have to do something that takes care of all persons needs.

Of course I'm not selfish, but i concider it to be a sacrifice.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Crash 9000 said:
Woodsey said:
Crash 9000 said:

Read what I said.

It was in response to you saying you have a terrible career, not just that your pay is shit. It gives people the strong sense that you are a loser (hint: WHAT I SAID HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY) because you're stuck in a job you hate for no reason at all.

It makes you seem totally un-motivated, which equals lazy. People don't want to be with lazy people. Your notion that you need to test people is ridiculous as it's not in the slightest bit scientific and you're misinterpreting results.

Sure, some people are put off by low income, but not the majority.

tavelkyosoba

Oct 6, 2009
DividedUnity said:
Undead Warfare said:
DividedUnity said:
The poll needs more than just a yes option. Being alone is ok sometimes. Marriage isnt what its cracked up to be either but just get a girlfriend. You can have sex and enjoy a relationship without losing your manhood and half your possesions.
Um, I don't think getting married makes you any less of a man. If anything, it makes you more of a man.

And well it's just the way you are. It's not sad, it's you. I prefer to have some time to myself. I mean, who doesn't? I find that people who like being constantly surrounded by other people, are kinda annoying.

And maybe you just haven't found the right person to help you believe that a life with a companion could be an exciting and fun one.
No getting married doesnt mean youre less of a man. However I only know of one married man that didnt lose his free will after marriage. I was refering more to certain types of women that change the second they get married
Women don't change when they get married...

Most men are expecting their selfish and passive aggressive sitcom-girl will turn into a doting housewife as soon as he slides that ring on.

Most women are hoping that their rude slob of a man will turn into a house-cleaning-baby-raising hunk-o-tron during the honeymoon.

Both parties are gravely disappointed after a few months when they realize their partners are still exactly who they married.

And in response to the "there's no point to marriage" junk, there definitely IS a purpose. It's a statement to the world that you two are really THAT committed to each other. People roll their eyes when you excuse yourself to answer a call from your girlfriend...but everyone hushes up when your WIFE calls.

(I definitely think same-sex couples should have the right to civil marriage. Churches can do whatever they want, but marriage has certain civil and legal ramifications that are independent of religion.)

Crash 9000

Oct 22, 2009
Woodsey said:
Crash 9000 said:
Woodsey said:
Crash 9000 said:

Read what I said.

It was in response to you saying you have a terrible career, not just that your pay is shit. It gives people the strong sense that you are a loser (hint: WHAT I SAID HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY) because you're stuck in a job you hate for no reason at all.

It makes you seem totally un-motivated, which equals lazy. People don't want to be with lazy people. Your notion that you need to test people is ridiculous as it's not in the slightest bit scientific and you're misinterpreting results.

Hmmm, good point! I guess I should just not mention my career and hope for the best. And if anyone asks, I just make around an average income.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I love being alone. I don't want any kids to piss me off, parents to tell me something I have to do, siblings to tell me I'm doing anything wrong. Being by myself is a great way to live.

Actually, I don't plan on being married or having kids. Being alone is relaxing, really.

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
I personally have heard so many horror stories about marriage that I fail to see why anyone would risk huge amounts of money/time/life on another person. I mean, when I last checked nearly half of all marriages end in divorce. Considering what a nightmare divorce is, I don't understand why so many people bet so much on even odds. Then theres the domestic abuse, the arguments, the monetary problems etc. When you add it all up, it seems that marriage causes more problems than would ever be worth it.

I admit that I may just be calling sour grapes because no sane person would be interested in someone as screwed up as I am, but I do think that it is better to not get close to people so that you don't get hurt as bad when they break your heart.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
DividedUnity said:
The poll needs more than just a yes option. Being alone is ok sometimes. Marriage isnt what its cracked up to be either but just get a girlfriend. You can have sex and enjoy a relationship without losing your manhood and half your possesions.
Wow, that's some view of marriage you have there, sport. I certainly don't think people should feel obligated to get married, but it's actually quite wonderful when it's done properly.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
i love company, no really, i love it, but still, im a social retard so its hard to accomplish holding it

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
I certainly enjoying having someone around, but at the same time, it's always nice and peaceful to be by yourself and to have a bit of time to rest.

tavelkyosoba

Oct 6, 2009
Chrono180 said:
I personally have heard so many horror stories about marriage that I fail to see why anyone would risk huge amounts of money/time/life on another person. I mean, when I last checked nearly half of all marriages end in divorce. Considering what a nightmare divorce is, I don't understand why so many people bet so much on even odds. Then theres the domestic abuse, the arguments, the monetary problems etc. When you add it all up, it seems that marriage causes more problems than would ever be worth it.

I admit that I may just be calling sour grapes because no sane person would be interested in someone as screwed up as I am, but I do think that it is better to not get close to people so that you don't get hurt as bad when they break your heart.
The tricky thing is that you shouldn't get married if you think marriage will be a gamble.

All those things come from false expectations (check out my post a few lines up). Like seriously, why would you marry someone that abuses you except under the expectation that they'll stop abusing you once you get married.

You won't have any reservations if you really SHOULD be getting married because you'll have accurate expectations of the other person, and furthermore, will be perfectly content with it.

(Knowing what you're getting and being happy with it are not the same, hahaha!)

MrDarkling

Crumpled Ball of Paper
Oct 11, 2009
Yes I prefer the solo side of things in life.
Nothing holding you back or forcing you forward.

The steps I take are my own and I will succeed or fail because of my choices without any influence at all by others.
I do find though I will be with someone ONE DAY as I am patient and it's just the simple fact that most girls I meet today care more about their makeup than the people around them unfortunately.

Either way I am happy and I find the word "lonely" such a dull negative word for people like myself who prefer to be left in peace and appreciate the world for themselves.
I think a better word would be "Independent."

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
Most of the time I like to be alone. But all the other times I talk to, and hang out with my friends. No sexual interest here.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
It depends on whether you find the right person or not.

I'm usually a loner, incapable of enjoying anyone's company longer than a few days.

Recently however, I found someone special who I enjoy spending time with indefinitely.

I'd say I would probably be sad *now*, but not a few years ago.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Crash 9000 said:
Woodsey said:
Crash 9000 said:
Woodsey said:
Crash 9000 said:

Read what I said.

Hmmm, good point! I guess I should just not mention my career and hope for the best. And if anyone asks, I just make around an average income.
*sigh* Nevermind.

Why would you tell anyone your income anyway?

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
I am a bit of a hermit, however i do need some companionship, my current placeholder (for when my GF isnt avaiable) is the TV (human voices on the TV are good background noise, as long as its not a penis pill commercial), i would have a pet but i live in a dorm so that wont work.

con70solo

Mar 24, 2009
I'm def. a loner

I love being alone, I just feel soo comfortable when I'm alone.

I actually hate being around alot of ppl in one place most ppl get on my nerves very quickly.