Poll: Wow, I'm a sad person, I guess.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
I like alone time but I don't want to be alone forever! I love hanging out with friends and stuff and I like sleeping around so I definitely don't want a relationship at the moment, but it would be nice some day!

One of my biggest fears is dying alone D=

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
I like being with my girlfriend and friends, as well as being alone at times. You can be alone when you have friends and a gf, but I wouldn't ever give them up to be alone for good.

Pokedude1013

Oct 27, 2009
Because the opinion of one person is definitely enough to warrant SERIOUS DIScUSSIONZ.
PEOPLE WHO RELY ON OTHER PEOPLE ARE LOSERS.
LONERS FTW

or something
RANT RANT

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
I´ll never get married, the tax saving opportunitys don´t overtake the bad sides.
Which are actually too many to name.

But personally, I like my privacy, I´m the happiest when I can go for one day without pissing somebody off because I did X that person Y dislikes.

I´m not a compromising person. It´s either my way, or you convince me that your way is actually more benefitial or effective...which one usually can´t.

I can´t even stand being around my best buddys for too long...unless there is alcohol involved, or video games.
But just them being here, doing their stuff...fuck no, can´t stand that.
I´ll probably even grind my closest friends to dribbling insanity when they had to live with me for more then 2 weeks.

Goth Skunk

May 27, 2010
To each their own, but know this: The desire for long-term solitude is not an abnormality, despite the social stigma that stems around it.

Extroverts have a hard time fathoming why anyone would choose to seclude themselves from other people. This is not something they can be faulted for, it's simply how their brains are wired versus how brains of introverts are wired.

For me personally, I don't despise face-to-face social contact with people. I just frequently despise the side-effects that come with it. Oftentimes when a couple of friends, or a group of friends get together, they have an ulterior motive, usually group participation in a common activity. Drinking, clubbing, going to a movie, camping, shooting hoops, just a few examples. I find though that my problem is that all I want to do is play video games. I really, REALLY enjoy it, it's all I want to do. Many people enjoy the occasional hour or so playing games, but for me it's a daily activity. So socially, I find myself in an awkward situation because no one I know wants to constantly play video games everyday, or I don't want to engage in the activities they invite me out too. I'd rather play games.

It's made relationships with me difficult. I've had more girlfriends than I've got fingers. They fall for me because I'm the attractive co-worker, classmate, goth stranger or whatever identity I'm wearing at the time, and the courting stage ensues. Courting is great. We both have fun, we both enjoy each other's company, keep toothbrushes and a change of clothes at each others place. Alas, over time, you start to notice things about your partner that raise warning flags. In my case, it's my constant desire to play video games, and ONLY that. Needless to say, my relationships seldom lasted longer than 4 months. My current girlfriend is the first one that I've ever invited to live with me. I made the invite because at the time, it made financial sense for her. She had recently graduated and was looking to find work. I offered her a place to stay and a bed to sleep on for nothing. She has student loans to pay off, so as long as she's paying them off she doesn't owe me a cent for anything. Of course, the marriage topic has popped up... sadly, I don't think it will ever happen. Us living together is a stepping stone in the relationship, a chance for us to spend long periods of time together and learn things about the other we wouldn't be able to learn otherwise. It's like marriage, just without the financial and ownership difficulties. Since we've been living together, we've both learned things about the other that worry us, characteristics of our lifestyles that don't meld well with the other person. Plus, she moved a great distance to be with me. She frequently gets homesick and laments that she has no one here to have a social life with. Her lamentations make me feel guilty and unhappy, and I find myself realizing I was happier when she wasn't around. I have very little faith that we'll work out.

If she and I do part ways, I don't imagine I'll look for a girlfriend again. Instead, I'll probably just adopt a couple of cats.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I don't mind being alone, but it depends on how long it is. I doubt I could make it more than a few weeks without some form of communication. Internet makes it too hard to test it though, since I'm not alone when I get online. Talking on forums, and things like that would break the test to see how long exactly.

Oh That Dude

Nov 22, 2009
Marter said:
I enjoy it. I find being with other people do be a very draining experience. I sometimes like to be with others, but only for short times, otherwise I start to dislike the experience.
This (other than with a few close friends), but also I hate not having anyone. Which is kind of irritating.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
I'm perfectly fine alone. Folks have told me that it'll "change when I find me a girl", but I've yet to find one that's worth my time/is anywhere near me, so I'll remain skeptical.

lilmisspotatoes said:
I'm one of those people who is kind of against marriage, but craves the whole companionship thing. (Being divorced will do that to ya.)

...actually, let's be honest. I can't imagine ever getting married again. I've met someone who I care for very much, but if he asked me to marry him, either now or in the future, there is a 75% probability of my answer being 'no'. I don't want to go through the stress and pain and heartache that made up my first marriage ever again, and I don't want to be taken for granted in that same way.

...that was more than you wanted to hear. I'm shutting up now.
Once bitten, twice shy?

replingham153

May 23, 2009
generally having a book or something to do is cool and yes i do prefer to be alone, but i still need people to talk to. So yeah.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Naheal said:
I'm perfectly fine alone. Folks have told me that it'll "change when I find me a girl", but I've yet to find one that's worth my time/is anywhere near me, so I'll remain skeptical.

lilmisspotatoes said:
I'm one of those people who is kind of against marriage, but craves the whole companionship thing. (Being divorced will do that to ya.)

...actually, let's be honest. I can't imagine ever getting married again. I've met someone who I care for very much, but if he asked me to marry him, either now or in the future, there is a 75% probability of my answer being 'no'. I don't want to go through the stress and pain and heartache that made up my first marriage ever again, and I don't want to be taken for granted in that same way.

...that was more than you wanted to hear. I'm shutting up now.
Once bitten, twice shy?
Very much so. It sucks pretty hardcore, because the guy I'm with right now means everything to me, and I'd like to be able to say 'yes' without hesitation or fear. But I can't picture it going well at all.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
lilmisspotatoes said:
Very much so. It sucks pretty hardcore, because the guy I'm with right now means everything to me, and I'd like to be able to say 'yes' without hesitation or fear. But I can't picture it going well at all.
Heard of a Common Law Marriage? After about 6 months of living together in Colorado (Not sure about other states or countries) you're legally considered married, no fuss, and, from what I can tell, there isn't much in the way of a divorce process if you really have to get about that (Inexperienced in the area. I don't fully know) so, unless you're the religious type, that's a perfectly legal alternative.

MrDeano89

Jul 1, 2009
i have friends and a g/f, i just like to be by myself sometimes, not all the time, just the odd night or two

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I don't mind being alone, can't say I wouldn't mind some company of the opposite sex, which is what you seem to be suggesting that you don't want.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
I like being alone. However, this holds little value, since i like being with people as well. I'm just one of those weird people who seems to be happy with whatever you give me.