Poll: Xbox One Titan Fall Bundle Coming

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Xbox One (XB1) is coming bundled with Titan Fall.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_117500_112992100_pe_hero/?docId=1002171801&ie=UTF8

As this is a $60 game, that is like getting the PS4, camera and a game for $20 less than that would cost. I think it a good move by XB1.

I've personally already gotten the other 2 gen 8 consoles. XB1 marketing is very strong though. I'm wondering if I can come up with the cash to take advantage of this bundle.

Does a move like this matter to you? Does it make you any more or less likely to buy one?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
No. Firstly i don't want anything to do with the xbone. Secondly, Titanfall is a 60$ multiplayer only game. 60$ is way too much to for a game that has no singleplayer ( unless itms an MMO because those ooze with content). I did watch some titanfall videos despite not having an XBone, and it looks like it could be fun for like a week before i would get bored.

I do wonder though, do people really buy games ( or consoles)based on how well the marketing is? Especially on a gaming site, i'm surprised people get suckered in like that ( which is what marketing tries to do).

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
krazykidd said:
No. Firstly i don't want anything to do with the xbone. Secondly, Titanfall is a 60$ multiplayer only game. 60$ is way too much to for a game that has no singleplayer ( unless itms an MMO because those ooze with content). I did watch some titanfall videos despite not having an XBone, and it looks like it could be fun for like a week before i would get bored.

I do wonder though, do people really buy games ( or consoles)based on how well the marketing is? Especially on a gaming site, i'm surprised people get suckered in like that ( which is what marketing tries to do).
My bad: I didn't know this was multiplayer only. That should be fricken free play. I got one on PS4 that I played Sunday. It isn't bad.

Marketing counts for me in that, it gets my attention. We did another thread a while back. After reviewing marketing for the 3, I thought MS's by far the best, and am paying attention to the XB1. But I'm not sold on it. I've bought the other two.

But again, that marketing has gotten my attention. Now that I'm paying attention, they need to really do something to shake things up to make me really want one.

Lower costs bundles is a good step, but not when they're "giving" away something that should be free to begin with.

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
I already have a PS4, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt, however this wouldn't have done much to change my mind if I were on the fence. As a multiplayer only title, it requires that I purchase an on-going Xbox Live Gold subscription in order to actually use it. That's not an attractive "freebie" in my opinion.

On top of this, the game is also available on the Xbox 360 and also on PC. Judging from the Beta, Titanfall isn't really pushing anything from a technological point of view, making the Xbone's inability to produce a 1080p/60FPS experience pretty damning. If this is the Xbone's killer app, it needed to look the part. My five year old PC is able to push the Beta at those speeds, sacrificing only minimal shadow detail to achieve it. Pulling the trigger and snagging an under-powered console for a 6v6 multiplayer only subscription requiring FPS isn't a sound decision from my point of view.

As Microsoft can only afford to lock up Titanfall 1 as an exclusive, with Titanfall 2 going multiplatform, there's no reason at all to purchase an Xbone for Titanfall. It's not the only console that can play it, it's not the best place to play it, and the cheaper and technologically superior PS4 can play the next one - with a guaranteed better visual presentation.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Gorfias said:
krazykidd said:

My bad: I didn't know this was multiplayer only. That should be fricken free play. I got one on PS4 that I played Sunday. It isn't bad.

Marketing counts for me in that, it gets my attention. We did another thread a while back. After reviewing marketing for the 3, I thought MS's by far the best, and am paying attention to the XB1. But I'm not sold on it. I've bought the other two.

But again, that marketing has gotten my attention. Now that I'm paying attention, they need to really do something to shake things up to make me really want one.

Lower costs bundles is a good step, but not when they're "giving" away something that should be free to begin with.
Unless you take believe " there's no such thing as bad publicity" i don't understand why you think MS has good marketing. I see it more as MS being desperate and is trying anything that might work. Then again it may be a matter of percepective. I mean i still remember E3 ( which wasn't too long ago).

Crises^

Sep 21, 2010
Already got the X1 but will be getting Titanfall as I enjoyed the Beta. To me if $60 is fine for a single player only game it is also fine for multiplayer only, especially when it does have a story told through the multiplayer.

Got the X1 to play with my friends as they're all big Xbox fans, mainly a PC gamer but it is nice to chill and play games with friends. Even though the PS4 makes more sense to buy I am enjoying playing the X1 and I know there are exclusives on it I'll enjoy more than the PS exclusives didn't like uncharted or last of us as don't like 3rd person games as they rely heavily on cover combat which I hate.

All in all while the X1 is weaker than the PS4, resolution isn't everything and I'll enjoy it with my friends, all be it my PC will dominate this gen of gaming for me for the most part.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Crises^ said:
To me if $60 is fine for a single player only game it is also fine for multiplayer only, especially when it does have a story told through the multiplayer.
Zeh Don below has a point. Otherwise, so do you. But I still feel stung by some game that came out at the beginning of the 360 era. Shadowfall or some such. That didn't have a story though. If this does...

Zeh Don said:
I already have a PS4, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt, however this wouldn't have done much to change my mind if I were on the fence. As a multiplayer only title, it requires that I purchase an on-going Xbox Live Gold subscription in order to actually use it. That's not an attractive "freebie" in my opinion.
As I write above, excellent point. Most of the people with 360s going to XB1 do it because their friends are already on gold so, not too much of a sacrifice.

krazykidd said:
i don't understand why you think MS has good marketing. I see it more as MS being desperate and is trying anything that might work. Then again it may be a matter of percepective. I mean i still remember E3 ( which wasn't too long ago).
They botched the opening of this, for sure. But I looked at the adds. Wii U barely tells you it is a new console rather than a tablet peripheral (that is changing in new adds). I love Sony's "Perfect Day" but it doesn't tell me I want this console and I must have it now!!!. MS literally paraphrases a user stating it is simply the greatest thing that has ever happened to mankind. That's pretty alerting.

But it only alerts. Then you check it out and make a decision. Bundling in this game was a good step in the right direction. Nintendo did it with the Wii U (I got both Mario U and Louigi U bundled: a $90 value). That got me to buy. It can work.

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
Nope, one FPS that I might allegedly enjoy, and that I can get on my PC, is not enough for a $500+$5/month purchase.

Also, no single player and $60?