Poll: You and your best friend, and their gender

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
I'm part of the majority; I'm a guy and so is my best friend. Been that way since we were 3, and we've only fought over a girl once. I'm proud of that :p

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
My best friend is a chap. First chap I met at school in Year 2, and I've stuck with him into Year 10 now. (I'm a 15 year old manly man man. Honest.)

All the people in our little friendship group[footnote]I've yet to find a less...girly name than 'friendship group'. Apart from names like mandem crewage, gang, or posse, which I sound ridiculous saying.[/footnote] are chaps, I don't know why...we all have girl friends, they just never hang around with us.
I honestly cannot picture you as a big bad Arnold man with that avatar. It is beyond my brain's ability I am afraid :( Maybe you could call it... "our guy's group", not too ridiculous, although mandem crewage does sound awesome, and not girly either.

And you are 15?! Last time I saw you post your age you were thirteen, hot damn does time fly.
Yeah, I must search for something else...
*flash of light*
EUREKA!

Well, almost 15. Very close. >.>
Time has indeed flown, and I feel exactly the same, but now with a regular need to shave. XD
There was nothing wrong with your avatar, it just wasn't mucho :p Hey, if ever a girl likes you because she thinks you are cute, then you can be your normal self around her and her opinion will stay the same, try to be over the top bicep-splosion to get a girl and you will have to keep that up.

And yeah, shaving can be a bastard with a bad sense of humour. Particularly when your teachers notice you haven't done it when you should have XD
Oh, of course of course. Over the top bicep-splosionness must be tiring. XD

...E gads I'm a dirty teenaged bastard. I immediately thought of a foxy lady teacher checking in my pants. XD
My one friend is a very big, strong guy. I am 178cm and he is half a head taller than me when he slouches. He has girls falling all over him (admittedly very strange stalkerish ones though) and even he can't convince himself to get to the gym without getting distracted by a fast food store (literally not joking -.-). So yes, tiring indeed :p

Teacher: Okay everyone, dress-code inspection!
*walks up to your desk and winks*
Teacher: I'm afraid you are going to need a very special inspection today...
*much unzipping later*
Teacher: Keep quiet class, I need to make sure that he... shaves properly. They say it can take up to 15 minutes to get it done just right.

That probably didn't help. And you think you are dirty XP
Crikey. Sounds awful. XD

Man, I can imagine Foxy Planner-signing Lady doing that now. She was some sort of intern person, but the only thing she ever seemed to do was come around in the morning and sign our planners to make sure we'd written down homework and things. She was hot. XD
Staple your planner to the table and write really damn small, and upside down. If you cannot picture what position this would result in and what it would show, you are cleaner than me :p

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
My best friend is a chap. First chap I met at school in Year 2, and I've stuck with him into Year 10 now. (I'm a 15 year old manly man man. Honest.)

All the people in our little friendship group[footnote]I've yet to find a less...girly name than 'friendship group'. Apart from names like mandem crewage, gang, or posse, which I sound ridiculous saying.[/footnote] are chaps, I don't know why...we all have girl friends, they just never hang around with us.
I honestly cannot picture you as a big bad Arnold man with that avatar. It is beyond my brain's ability I am afraid :( Maybe you could call it... "our guy's group", not too ridiculous, although mandem crewage does sound awesome, and not girly either.

And you are 15?! Last time I saw you post your age you were thirteen, hot damn does time fly.
*flash of light*
EUREKA!

Time has indeed flown, and I feel exactly the same, but now with a regular need to shave. XD
There was nothing wrong with your avatar, it just wasn't mucho :p Hey, if ever a girl likes you because she thinks you are cute, then you can be your normal self around her and her opinion will stay the same, try to be over the top bicep-splosion to get a girl and you will have to keep that up.

And yeah, shaving can be a bastard with a bad sense of humour. Particularly when your teachers notice you haven't done it when you should have XD

...E gads I'm a dirty teenaged bastard. I immediately thought of a foxy lady teacher checking in my pants. XD
My one friend is a very big, strong guy. I am 178cm and he is half a head taller than me when he slouches. He has girls falling all over him (admittedly very strange stalkerish ones though) and even he can't convince himself to get to the gym without getting distracted by a fast food store (literally not joking -.-). So yes, tiring indeed :p

*much unzipping later*
Teacher: Keep quiet class, I need to make sure that he... shaves properly. They say it can take up to 15 minutes to get it done just right.

Crikey. Sounds awful. XD

Man, I can imagine Foxy Planner-signing Lady doing that now. She was some sort of intern person, but the only thing she ever seemed to do was come around in the morning and sign our planners to make sure we'd written down homework and things. She was hot. XD
Staple your planner to the table and write really damn small, and upside down. If you cannot picture what position this would result in and what it would show, you are cleaner than me :p
No need to write too small. I think she's short-sighted. That or she just likes me. ;D

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
well my best is a female an I tell her everything and by the way im a guy i just feel better with her knowing everything

Seabear

May 22, 2011
Parents always assumed my best friend and I (met at University) were going out, she's more like a sister to me, though. This seems to be lost on a lot of people, that you can be close friends AND of the opposite gender.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:

*flash of light*
EUREKA!

*much unzipping later*

Crikey. Sounds awful. XD

No need to write too small. I think she's short-sighted. That or she just likes me. ;D
That makes it even simpler XD
And if you have a foxy teacher liking you and showing it by uh... favourable manoeuvring herself then you automatically get back the lost man points for the kitty avatar and the friendship thing, now if you can get her to call you in for "detention" when she can see your work is done...

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:

*flash of light*
EUREKA!

*much unzipping later*

Crikey. Sounds awful. XD

And if you have a foxy teacher liking you and showing it by uh... favourable manoeuvring herself then you automatically get back the lost man points for the kitty avatar and the friendship thing, now if you can get her to call you in for "detention" when she can see your work is done...
Whoah now, lets not go too quick. She might just need glasses eh?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm a girl, as is my best friend of ten years.
Most of my friends would be guys but I have a core group of close girl-friends who have been there for me for years.

EDIT: I'm 20, for the record... I'm so old.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
LuckyClover95 said:
It's just something I'm curious about. Whether most people have a 'best friend' of the same or different gender, and if you could please reply saying what you answered, and include your age because I'm wondering how much things may have changed over time. In my friendship group, established in the first year of high school, we are a basically 50/50 mix of boys and girls and it is rare that if there is a party or a sleepover or general social gathering that only one gender would be there. We don't really have girly sleepovers and the guys don't tend to do manly man sleepovers.
I'm a 16 year old girl and the person I consider to probably be my 'best' friend is a boy. I find this totally normal, he is just my friend who I can talk to for hours and get along with quite well (though we do have our disagreements and pet peeves etc) just like most people and their friends. But my mum, for a long time, could NOT understand the idea that he isn't my boyfriend. She still asks if 'anything happened' if I stay at his house or, the last time she asked that, we had shared a tent on a camping trip.
What about you, Escapists?
I am a guy, and my best friend is a female (my wife)....

As far as my age, I will simply say I am.... older, lol...

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:

*flash of light*
EUREKA!

*much unzipping later*

Crikey. Sounds awful. XD

Sorry, my mind becomes worse and worse as the clock ticks :p
It is almost eleven here and thus the first thoughts that come to my mind are... fun for certain people (myself :D) but just disturbing for others.

I'm sorry if you will never look at her the same again, I really should start handing out indemnities for these things. I already scarred my best friend with a comment about nibbling today.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:

*flash of light*
EUREKA!

*much unzipping later*

Crikey. Sounds awful. XD

It is almost eleven here and thus the first thoughts that come to my mind are... fun for certain people (myself :D) but just disturbing for others.

I'm sorry if you will never look at her the same again, I really should start handing out indemnities for these things. I already scarred my best friend with a comment about nibbling today.
Hah, mine too, but tiredness quickly overwhelms it.

Hey, I don't mind at all. ;D
I am immensely curious about this comment, but sadly it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Time for bed. XD

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
I'm very disappointed there is no "male, and every close friend I've had since the age of 15 has been a pansexual female or lesbian due to some strange machination of fate" option.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:

*flash of light*
EUREKA!

*much unzipping later*

Crikey. Sounds awful. XD

Hah, mine too, but tiredness quickly overwhelms it.

Hey, I don't mind at all. ;D
I am immensely curious about this comment, but sadly it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Time for bed. XD
Wow, you are in my time zone. I have an exam tomorrow. Why am I awake 0.o

PM me, I would rather not explain nibbling and eating questions of my best friend on this public forum XP

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I find it difficult to class any one friend as 'the best', since what I happen to do with or talk to them about is very varied. For example, one of them I can talk to about films, music, philosophy, all that stuff. Whereas another I have a more liadback friendship with, we just game and that's about it. Then there's my other friend, a girl, who I probably talk to more than anyone else.

However, since... well, I talk to her more than everyone else, I put the 'I'm a guy and she's a girl' option.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
My best friend is a girl, we met at a national MMA training session. (Holland = MMA) a year or six back. Though as nails, drinks like a maniacal irishman and is one of the better friends you can have. My other friends are mostly male, most of them are in our own Airsoft team (and FPS clan). I'm a guy by the way.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
I am male, and I don't know that I'd have a single qualified best friend. (Outside of the whole 'my wife is also my best friend' saw). I have friends that are of differing genders, but I don't feel that I would point to one of the group and say you - you stand head and shoulders above the rest. Everyone else is below you in friend scale; fuck you other guys, you're not as good as this one.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
I'm a girl, and my best friend is a girl.
We actually, um, dated for a year a few years back, then became best friends after we split up. She's a gamer like me, we share a lot of interests.

Though I also kind-of count my boyfriend as my best friend. :v