Poll: You find 40 thousand dollars ?

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
I do not touch it. I do not even LOOK at it.
I haul ass home, and plan a new route home from wherever I was so I don't have to go that way again. I can think of a few reasons that much money would be lying around, and none of them are good.

Omega500

Dec 2, 2009
I would keep it and then the next plane and stay with my auntie in New york. (provided that amount of cash is allowed on a flight)

Also i say this My gf was working in a girly clothes shop and they had a work experience girl in she found a paper bag of cash in a small handbag on display at work she handed it in the manger put it in the safe called the cops they came and took it. Never heard anything about it again.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
I'd keep it, Take it home and spend it all on Steam Trading Cards.

I would be shortly murdered undoubtly, But it would be worth it to be 40 steam levels above all my freinds. THEN WHO WILL BE LAUGHING?

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I'd probably keep it if I didn't chicken out.

I'd stash it somewhere and only spend it in small amounts, or convert as much of it to $2 coins as possible and put it through a coin counting machine to get it into my bank, over the period of a year or so the money in my bank will have perfectly legal roots.

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
joshuaayt said:
I do not touch it. I do not even LOOK at it.
I haul ass home, and plan a new route home from wherever I was so I don't have to go that way again. I can think of a few reasons that much money would be lying around, and none of them are good.
I'm with this dude... there's almost no good outcomes from picking the damned thing up. There is a small chance you get to keep it if you turn it over to the police. Weighed up against the LARGE chance of some suited gorilla coming knocking at your door.

Pass.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Yeah, I'll be keeping that.

Let's think about this now, what sort of person needs to leave large amounts of money in secret places? Criminals! I think we're all better off with the money in the hands of me, Dave Daverson, mighty warrior of justice and professor of many sciences, than some random degenerate! D=

(Captcha: Clean hands. Oddly appropriate)

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
I'd keep it and put roughly 3-4 hundred away every 3 weeks so not to aleart the IRS that I have come across a large sum of cash.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
I'd turn it over to the police, no matter how incompetent they might be,
I'm not risking my freedom/life just for money

CHUD

Jun 11, 2013
Return it. Like others here, I would not want to mess with the kind of person most likely to walk around with 40K in cash.

For one thing; the resulting hospital bills might easily be higher than 40 000.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
No one just loses $40,000. Someone would come looking for it so I would turn that in as quick as I possibly could.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Well I would be fairly concerned that it might be counterfeit so I would turn it into the police. If it's not and no one comes along that can prove that it's theirs then I'm pretty sure I get to keep it.(or most of it at least)

Feraswondervahnn

Jul 15, 2010
I'd turn it in. I don't care if it's drug money or not. Don't care if it is legally gained money or not. It's a lot of money that does not belong to me, and I'm not a thief.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
$40,000 is enough for me to live off of for at least four years.
I don't think I'd return it.

I'd ultimately spend it day by day. Not put it in the bank or make large purchases with it.
Just take a few bills with me every time I get groceries and use it to pay the rent.

What little money I earn from my job would go to savings and continue to pay my online bills as normal.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Thats like £26k so its about a years wage. Too right im gonna take it. Chances are if you have that much in cash you are (as my mum would say) "up to no good"