Poll: You must spend a year locked in a room.

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
You have been selected to spend an entire year locked in a room, with no way out. When you are in the room, time will not pass in the outside world, you will not need food, water or any other things that you would normally need.

However, you do get to make one decision. You can take with you:
1) Every video game ever made (supplied to you upon request), and all the platforms to play them on, but you can't play online or have internet access.

OR

2) A person. Any person of your choosing, or have a random person selected from off the street, if you prefer. The person you have selected will not know you have chosen them, and think they are in there through luck.

You have 365 days worth of time to kill. Which do you pick?

NEW RULE: Time would not pass in the room, so the other person wouldn't actually lose any time from being in there with you, and could opt to forget the experience after it's over and become the person they were before it happened. This has been added because some posts seem to be concerning morality in regards ti choosing the second option. Although, even with this rule, it still could be seen as a cruel thing to do.

Tibs

Mar 23, 2011
Interesting question. I really do not have a significant other to bring with me and getting a random person off the street might backfire. I am going to go with the video games on this one.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
How big is this room and is there a potential for the people to kill each other?

Is playing games or interacting with this person the only thing you can do?

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Through careful consideration I think I would take the person. A person that I like who I knows likes me. Limitless video games I think would bore me and the lack of social contact could psychologically devastate a person. Also, something romantic may become of the two of us alone for a year which would be awesome. :p

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Video games. One person after a month..... that wouldn't end well. Unless the sex is really good and she has the greatest personality ever. But no internet, shoot me now, lol.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
If I picked the second option, we'd most likely end up killing each other being forced into each other's company for so long. So I'll go with option 1 and burn through all the classic titles I never got to play.

diebane

Apr 7, 2010
I would chose the person. Don't know which one. The human mind is something so creative that I think killing a year of free time is not a problem. Going nuts may be, but thats something that also the other option gives us since a year alone with video games is tough.

mfG diebane

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
manythings said:
How big is this room and is there a potential for the people to kill each other?

Is playing games or interacting with this person the only thing you can do?
The room is about 4x4 meters, and yes you could kill each other.

You can pretty much do anything in the room, but the consoles and games/ the other person would be the only other things inside that room.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
I can think of a grand total of one person I could spend that much time with, and on balance, would rather spend that time with them than with video games. Also, spending a year with nothing but fictional characters would skew my perception of reality more than a little

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I picked 'person' with a particular person in mind. Can't say things would end well, though...

And to be fair, I'm OK in solitary (I talk to myself incessantly), and my mind is a brilliant companion, so... not really sure now...

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
A person. I may love videogames, so much in fact, that people would never guess that I'll go for a person above all videogames for a year. But I tend to go a bit insane when too long away from people. So with a person, I might keep my sanity, and I (and hopefully he/she I bring) have been influenced by enough medias, that we can have wacky conversations. Which is really fun.

akibawall95

Mar 30, 2010
Most certainly the games, before the end of that year we would probably be sick of each other and one of us would most likely be dead. At least the video games would have some variety, that person would get boring and fast. Besides, with a whole year with every game I could play all the games I do not normally have time for.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I pick video games, no matter what person i picked we would run out of things to talk about pretty soon, either way this would suck !

arrjay93

Mar 9, 2010
Dragging another person into that kind of predicament is a bit morally off. They wouldn't know why they were there, but you would.

'The Eel'

Sep 13, 2008
With a 4x4 meter room, a person simply because all the video games would take up so much space as to prevent me from moving. With a larger room, I'd take the games.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
A person of my choosing, to be more specific a sexy female person of my choosing, one year, somethings bound to happen.