Poll: You must spend a year locked in a room.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Booty calls every day! I think I'll be ok.

http://jenice88.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/oldboy-face.jpg

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Every Video game ever made, duh.

Theres like, billions of them.

Meanwhile, if i choose someone of my choice i can almost gurantee they will hate me (im that type of guy D=) Or we will run out of things to talk about in about a hour.

Meanwhile, i can play ever single game ever made from start to finish 100%- that would never run out it seems.

sevreon

Jan 6, 2011
Thats a hard question..

Im not an anti social person, but being locked in one room with nothing in it and choosing to bring in another person in with you would be a bit harsh.

Has anyone seen that film The Hole? This girl locks herself, two of her friends, and a guy she likes in a room so they can get it on. Basically they all end up hating each other, a few get really sick, and then most of them die/kill each other.

Id choose video games so that Id be the only one going through that, even if they forgot it at the end of it all. No matter how much you love/like some one, if you spend a year in one room with nothing but each others company, you're gonna end up hating each other.

Video games seem like the lesser of two evils, even though I would come out of it being insane and probably would have trouble communicating with real people.
Both options seem pretty bad honestly, but if I pick video games at least then maybe I could get past that one racing mission at the end of Vice City which I've never been able to get past for the last 10-fucking-years.

EDIT: So many of you are saying that you'd pick some random hot girl and say you'd have sex with her for a year. Really? You really think that a girl who you've basically just had abducted and locked in a room with you is gonna be just fine with that? Even if you swear to her you had nothing to do with it, shes probably gonna call bullshit on it and see right through you. Unless you plan on some casual rape for a whole year, just stick to the video games. It'll be over before you know it.

Kyle Jenkins

Mar 16, 2011
Video Games, No question. I spend most of my life Isolated already, and if I was to be able to get all the hardware to run every game ever created, My life would be great. It wouldn't be perfect, but I could easily live on a year of games. If I get pissed, chuck in something that lets me shoot people madly (Saints Row Anyone?) or if I feel like wasting a few hours of my time, chuck in something casual (Guitar Hero is perfect here.) But I'd really prefer to wait to start it until 1/1/2012 because by then all the games I want will be out, and I can waste way more than a year with what I'll have access to. Assuming ANY game is available from any genre and I got the peripherals for it, I'd easily be able to occupy my time, because with all the new Rhythm games that use real guitars, I could learn to play a hell of a lot better than I currently can. I would really hope that I can get a good Gaming PC for the year though, I can imagine trying to run Skyrim on my school laptop. That thing can't handle Minecraft, yet alone an actual game.

I do have one question though, can I get DLC for the games? If so, then it only makes me want to pick games more, as Rhythm games will pretty much never run out then.

Since I like to go into everything un-biased and give everything a chance, I've given the second option a quick thought. While yes, games do get old, so do people. There's only like, 2 people in the world I'd be fine with spending a year with if we had nothing to do, and they're the people who come up with crazy enough shit to keep me occupied. If I were to pick AJ, I'd be fine because we're both into making up weird tunes on the spot which basically means we could last a year making a song together, easily. But if I chose Daniel, I'd easily last a year, as me and him are working on a little project together which we're hoping might turn into a game and it's actually kind of fun to work on. He has a pretty unique personality too, so he wouldn't get too boring.

But overall, even if I were to be able to pick one of those two, or even have both, I'd still pick games, hands down. I'm simply more interested in games, and games wouldn't be the only thing I could do in the room, they'd just be the only thing there. If I had a computer, logically it would come with a copy of WordPad (Yay for not using Notepad!) so I could brush up on my literary skills and try and churn out a novel or something. Hell, if I had an iPod (Or even a copy of Guitar Hero 4, 5 or 6, I could theoretically train my voice so that I could come out of the room and sing like a pro.

I'd be fine with no Internet too, simply because I rarely play online and I usually play games for the story within them (Or just to pass time blindly). I'll sludge through some god awful gameplay if there's something about the story that I really like.

Before I start rambling for hours I'm going to quickly just say; Games = Epic, People = Stupid.
But hey, that's just me, and I'm basically the stereotypical nerd sitting in his basement playing world of warcraft levelling a fresh character to 80 in a week.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Easily the first option. No online multiplayer? Minecraft, Terraria, FO3, FO:NV, AOEII, Impossible Creatures, Might and Magic VIII etc. don't need it.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
I think my girlfriend and I are close enough that we'd actually like to spend a year locked in a room together... Never thought I'd say that, but at long last its really true.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
it would probably be dangerous to spend a whole year with someone is same room. one of us would snap and try to kill/eat/rape the other. Videogames won't try and kill you(pyshically)

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Evil Top Hat said:
You have been selected to spend an entire year locked in a room, with no way out. When you are in the room, time will not pass in the outside world, you will not need food, water or any other things that you would normally need.

However, you do get to make one decision. You can take with you:
1) Every video game ever made (supplied to you upon request), and all the platforms to play them on, but you can't play online or have internet access.

OR

2) A person. Any person of your choosing, or have a random person selected from off the street, if you prefer. The person you have selected will not know you have chosen them, and think they are in there through luck.

You have 365 days worth of time to kill. Which do you pick?

NEW RULE: Time would not pass in the room, so the other person wouldn't actually lose any time from being in there with you, and could opt to forget the experience after it's over and become the person they were before it happened. This has been added because some posts seem to be concerning morality in regards ti choosing the second option. Although, even with this rule, it still could be seen as a cruel thing to do.

I think you forgot something very important...food and water? will there be sustanance availible or will i have to Bear Grylles it?

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Videogames I have no significant other and I don't really see what I could do in my room for a year other than tons of sex or videogames (or maybe get drunk with said person everyday).

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
Biodeamon said:
I think you forgot something very important...food and water? will there be sustanance availible or will i have to Bear Grylles it?
As mentioned in the OP, there would be no need for food water, or any other bodily processes whilst in the room.

Mr. Underson

Mar 28, 2011
None of the things I would normally need? Does this mean that I can't eat/sleep/drink at all?

And every video game ever made? Does this mean up until this point? Because I've already played most games that I intend to.

I think I'd rather be locked in a room with a person of my choice.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Thought about it for a bit. I was initially going to choose a person, but then realized I'd be a total jerk to willingly subject someone to a year locked in a room with me.

Video games it is then. I would play Starcraft constantly until my skills reached godlike status, then move to South Korea once I've gotten out of the room and be a gaming superstar.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
L'enfer c'est les autres.

Every videogame ever made is the least terrible option.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
I would take a metric shit ton of all the ridiculously long JRPG's that I have always wanted/never finished and get stuck in that shit.

It's essentially my plan for summer anyway.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
It's hard to say. You would definitely run out of things to talk about with the person but I think it might be the safer option psychologically speaking because if you stayed in a room for that length of time with nothing but video games you could lose your grip on reality or develop a social disorder from having spent that much time alone. Surely a few months of awkward conversation is better than possibly having to spend years recovering from mental problems. Also, you would get bored with the video games after a few months.