Poll: You must spend a year locked in a room.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I think I would choose the person. Damn all the games ever is hard to pass up.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
I'd choose to spend an entire year with my beloved boyfriend. I would cherish every moment of it, since I don't get to see him currently.

jameskillalot

Apr 27, 2010
I have severely repressed emotions and thus no special person, now if it was a buddy of mine and we had some games to play I'd choose that type of middle ground. But I am fairly certain I am incapable of honestly caring for another human being, and I don't relish the idea of having to listen to another person's incessant prattling for a year. Especially if I am still aloud to communicate to people through multiplayer games.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
jameskillalot said:
I have severely repressed emotions and thus no special person, now if it was a buddy of mine and we had some games to play I'd choose that type of middle ground. But I am fairly certain I am incapable of honestly caring for another human being, and I don't relish the idea of having to listen to another person's incessant prattling for a year. Especially if I am still aloud to communicate to people through multiplayer games.
You aren't allowed to communicate to people via online games, no online games at all actually. I'm pretty sure you'd get over prattling quite quickly. After about two days or so together people start to feel stupid asking "How's the weather" to each other.

I mostly like multiplayer and online games, solo games usually bore me pretty quick. So I guess I'd take a person, and hope this room comes well stocked with personal lubricant.

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Video games. I liked God of War: Chains of Olympus on the PS3 for awhile and am a little curious as to what GOW3 is like.

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
A person of my choosing. Not sure why but it made me feel less lonely than the other option.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
Depends, If it was just an empty square room I'd pick video games, If it had a seperate bathroom then I'd probably just bring Katy Perry or Mila Kunis or somone like that, ya they'd get on my nerves but I think it'd be worth it

Glass Joe

Oct 7, 2009
A person but it would have to be Jesus or Buddha or something. For one, all the video games in the world would only last me like 6 months because I'm so freaking good at them, but also there are only like 20 original video games which just get remade over and over in different settings.

I would hang out with Jesus or Buddha though because they would be easy to get along with and we could probably just chill for a year and meditate.

The_Evermind

Jul 7, 2009
Ultimately, the person. However, it can not be anyone I know or have known, in fact I would prefer it be someone who doesn't even speak the same language (learn each others languages, that's some time down right off the bat). Since I'm having a hard time picturing both people coming out alive, let alone sane, I would be better off not having to go through it with someone that I already get annoyed with. The discussions (once we could actually communicate) would hold me over without actually killing them for at least another week. Even as I continue thinking about it (waaaaay to much) I still find it hard to picture myself playing video games, even with all of the options in the world for 168 hours (one full week) straight and still wanting to continue. So even taking the risk that being stuck in a room with one person for nearly 9000 hours might lead to a situation best termed lovecraftian I feel that I would be able to lengthen the amount of time before deciding upon the best way to commit suicide in a small room, and ultimately that's the best that I can hope for.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Video games. I'm not cruel enough to force someone else into my (really shitty) situation. I like to think I have a decently interesting personality, but I'm not arrogant enough to think anyone could last a year in a room with me with nothing else and not go insane from boredom.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Every game ever? Sounds good.

I'd miss people, sure. But it would suck if I couldn't do anything except talk to one person for a year.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
The games, this might sound weird, but I have yet to meet a person that I have never wanted to be away from. I like to have some alone time in my life, and I think being with some one, no matter how much I like them, nonstop for a year would bother me.

cystemic

Jan 14, 2009
i'm gonna go with the videogames, i mean ill still have the rest of my life to be around people and annoy them with my voluminous knowledge of videogames. winwin, unless i go insane :D

The Seldom Seen Kid

Apr 28, 2010
I'd get sick of anyone after a day, let alone an entire year.

Depends on the arrangements, too. If we could have separate rooms and a "shut up" button, I might reconsider.

Jinjiro

Fresh Prince of Darkness
Apr 20, 2008
You lot aren't thinking this through!

1) Choose Option 1: Every video game ever (that's a lot).

2) Spend the first week sorting out the crappy ones (this will also be a lot)

3) Spend a few months using the metal/plastic/everything from the crappy video games making a helpful robot companion with a personality, playing the good video games for fun.

4) Spend the rest of the year living with your trusty robot pal. You could even make multiple robot friends, and sit in front of video games ad libbing over the top of them, mocking them and filling in jokes between bad dialogue. We'll call this part of the year 'Enigma Experiment Theater 3000'.

5) ????

6) Profit!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Video games. 2 persons in close quarters for a whole year wont end well. That's a disaster waiting to happen. I am not the kind of person yu'd spend a whole year being with constantly. Also there hasn't been mentioend a toilet. Twice the smell if there were 2 persons in there...