Poll: You Wake Up One Day and Find Out that You Have Become the King of England...

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
A nice cup of tea with cream sounds lovely.

[small]And then the crusade shall begin...[/small]

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
fenrizz said:
Conquer Ireland, Wales and Scotland.
England will now be one nation.

Create a new east india company and restore the empire.
Because of Brexit, you'd be fighting all of Ireland and definitely Scotland. And since Ireland is in the EU, they get support while you don't. See, when I said 'Conquer the world for Ireland', I established a new era of cooperation which would end any disagreements between people, in favor of taking France re-organizing the EU to work with the US...once they get rid of Trump, of course. Old and new, together again, to tell Putin where he can stick it while quashing NK and forging ties with China to help them sort their shit around. Eventually, other nations will fall into place and it will be Bwa Ha Ha time.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
Saelune said:
Borty The Bort said:
Personally, a lot of the kingdom's funding would be invested into education and the arts. Also, deliberately piss off the common people, so a revolution would kick off. Why? So all those jackass nobles who think they're better than everyone else would get what was coming to them.

EDIT: Oh, were you talking about in the modern day? In that case, be like the actual King of England and do sweet FA.
There is no King of England. The Queen's husband is just a Prince for some reason...
I don't know the details of how it works in England but where I live the husband of the monarch is a prince but a male monarch like the one we have now is a king. Funnily enough the wife of the male monarch is the queen.

OT: I'd advise against having a monarchy and try to get it removed. If that doesn't work out, I'll just quit, and if that isn't allowed I'll make a diplomatically awkward scene until I am no longer the king.

kitsunefather

Verbose and Meandering
Nov 29, 2010
Declare that a Seated King may rule for no more than one day, and that all future monarchs are decided by a random number generator, then immediately abdicate with my two hours of pay.

kitsunefather

Verbose and Meandering
Nov 29, 2010
Happyninja42 said:
Abolish the royalty, because their "royalness" is based on mythical, religious bullshit and nothing more, and then go back to my job.

There is nothing special about "royal" bloodlines, other than the societal weight we seem to think they deserve.
Hey now! Don't forget generations of incest to maintain that "purity".

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Pseudonym said:
Saelune said:
Borty The Bort said:
Personally, a lot of the kingdom's funding would be invested into education and the arts. Also, deliberately piss off the common people, so a revolution would kick off. Why? So all those jackass nobles who think they're better than everyone else would get what was coming to them.

EDIT: Oh, were you talking about in the modern day? In that case, be like the actual King of England and do sweet FA.
There is no King of England. The Queen's husband is just a Prince for some reason...
I don't know the details of how it works in England but where I live the husband of the monarch is a prince but a male monarch like the one we have now is a king. Funnily enough the wife of the male monarch is the queen.

OT: I'd advise against having a monarchy and try to get it removed. If that doesn't work out, I'll just quit, and if that isn't allowed I'll make a diplomatically awkward scene until I am no longer the king.
I dont get it. I just one day was like "Hey...who is the Queen's husband? Must have died a long time ago cause I never hear about a modern King of England" so I look it up and find out her husband is alive and "the [Duke of Edinburgh]"... what?

Edit: Corrected by Catfood220

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Saelune said:
Pseudonym said:
Saelune said:
Borty The Bort said:

I dont get it. I just one day was like "Hey...who is the Queen's husband? Must have died a long time ago cause I never hear about a modern King of England" so I look it up and find out her husband is alive and "the Prince of Wales"... what?
Actually its The Duke of Edinburgh, Phillip. The Prince of Wales is her son, Charles.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Thaluikhain said:
Catfood220 said:
My first thought was that I would dissolve the Royal Family because FUCK those over privilaged cunts.
Literally or figuratively?
Well, Kate was cute on her wedding day. By the way, this is the only footage of the wedding I've seen.

And Eddie Izzard has a point about the Queen.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
First order of Business: 2 Weeks at Disneyland.

Then I'll probably just spend my life on the Internet in the Palace as the Royal Family has no power. Probably get a Model for a Wife. Also, being a Catholic, I'd abdicate the title of Head of the Anglican Church. One of the other Princes can hold onto that.