Poll: Your current Guitar Hero/Rock Band skill level

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
I'm a great player at Medium (with a guitar, Drums I suck and I don't have the balls to play Vocal), but Rock Band won't let me progress at a faster pace unless I get some Hard Mode play time. :( At least I can finish songs. But right now I'll stick with Medium for an answer.

Edit: This probably would have been better suited for Gaming Dis. in hind sight, but whatever.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
I don't play them.
Because fake instruments are for losers.

Real men play real instruments.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
berethond said:
I don't play them.

I play the drums in real life also so I'm good.

Mar 9, 2009
I can play only hard on both games. Though I'm very good at drums at rock band. And in GH3 the Pearl Jam song is my best. But my yellow button is broken so I end up failing the song anyway

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
nicholaxxx said:
Srkkl said:
I play expert on all instruments. I'm lacking a life though.
Srkkl said:
Expert on all instruments. I'm greatly lacking a life though.
you know there's an EDIT feateure, huh?
Yeah I did, It didn't show my first post and my computer messes up a lot so I just re-posted, figured it out and then edited the secound one.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
Expert, but not to the degree of finger tapping and five staring everything. Beaten GH3 and RB careers as well as Endless Setlist 2 solo. Currently working on Through the Fire and the Flames.

However, you should put two or three different expert options. Some styles of martial arts have different degrees of black belts. WoW has unofficial levels within level 80 itself based on new 80s and how far people are in raid progessiona and have better gear. The maximum level always has sub-levels of skill that are very diverse because it is the max.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
yeah I used to sneer at GH and RB

then I realized the hypocrisy:
real men play real instruments, but it's also the real men who shoot real guns and race real cars and ...
yeah so on

and besides it was fun and my friends were beginning to think I was antisocial (really I was just afraid to fail)
I always stuck with a comfortable medium until one day I was like oh I'll try bass on hard then did guitar on hard
I've tried some expert to meh results mostly and I haven't played in a while

I've never been super good at gaming anyway (my "Nintendo thumbs" rendered me horrible at precision aiming in Halo)

Rasak11

Jul 2, 2009
I play medium but some times RB forces me to play hard when it wants to watch me fail terribly

WolfMage

May 19, 2008
Expert, on Bass, either game.
And I'm learning Bass for real, so I'm covered.
Also...
duchaked said:
real men play real instruments, but it's also the real men who shoot real guns and race real cars and ...
yeah so on
I shoot real guns, and am learning the whole shebang of driving, so I guess I'm aces.
And yeah, I can sometimes play Expert on Guitar, but I like being Bass, it seems more who I'd be.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
EXPERT!
GRAGH! FINGER MUSCLES!

Ok, thats a lie, not ALWAYS on Expert, but the majority of songs I can finish on Hard or Above.

THEMANWHOIS

Mar 12, 2009
I play expert on guitar and bass, any of the other difficulties just get too boring. Hard on drums. I have been playing real guitar for about 9 years now (I own a couple) and just started the drums about 2 years ago. So, i guess that makes me a real man.

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
berethond said:
I don't play them.

Real men play the Bear Kidney. The manliest instrument of them all.

Jun 28, 2009
I am currently halfway through the Expert mode on GH3 but I mainly play on hard most songs because for me it's more fun. And I don't play rock band guitar because the guitar is a piece of crap and the buttons jam every 5 seconds and I've only had it half a year.

And I do play real instruments (I play the drums in a garage band with my friends), but I am too young to drive a car, and since I live in Australia I can't shoot a gun.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
WolfMage said:
Expert, on Bass, either game.
And I'm learning Bass for real, so I'm covered.
Also...
duchaked said:
yeah so on
I shoot real guns, and am learning the whole shebang of driving, so I guess I'm aces.
And yeah, I can sometimes play Expert on Guitar, but I like being Bass, it seems more who I'd be.
=]
yeah I don't think I'll ever fully tackle Expert
but yea I prefer playing the bass guitar (in real life)