Poll: Your fave gaming genre, RPG, Action adventure etc, etc.

Argonian alchemist

Master-level alchemist
May 5, 2011
Now this is a subject that should be fairly spread out, otu of all gaming genre's. What is your preferred one?

Mine would have to be RPG hybrids (RPG/Action adventure etc)... closely followed by deep fighters, maybe like Dead or Alive but... better...

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Looking at my list of favorite games, and slitting them up by genre, about half of them are in Action/Adventure (Many games are because its such a broad term..) so that.

BlackIvory

May 2, 2011
This is kind of a difficult question to answer in these days. Games today aren't only Action or Aventure or RPG or Shooter....ect ect....

Today most games are a combination of at least 2 different geners that mix in together.
But all that aside, I guess in the "purist" sense of the word, my favorite is RPG- BG2, NWN2, DA:0,ME, and a lot of others

Mr. Fancy Pants

May 7, 2011
I'd have to say JRPGs, they seem to consistently contain the best stories and character development, with a nice bit of craziness sprinkled into the mix.

nukethetuna

Nov 8, 2010
Bleh, I can like any of them if they're good games. I guess I tend to lean more towards the RPG/Strategy games though.

Then again, my favorite game is more of an action adventure puzzle game.

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Can.. not.. choose..

Must.. explode..

Also; Fucking hell man, not even a mention of strategy games?

Kitteh

Mar 31, 2010
1st place) Sandboxes and/or open world games
2nd place) 1st person shooters

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
RPG's are my favorite, but I feel like there hasn't been many good ones lately. FPS as a second though. Been playing alot of those lately to make up for the so-so RPG lineup.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
I'm the sort of person who likes a little bit of everything. But, if you look at my favourite games of all time, they're by an large quirky platformers. So I guess platformers are my favourite type of game.