Poll: Your favorite music genre?

OZWIN

May 14, 2012
Smeatza said:
Where's the "all of the above" option?
Good music can be found in any genre if you look hard enough.

But out of the options given? Rock/Alternative. My first music love.
I tried fitting as many options as I could, didn't want to leave out any of the main genres. I figured one could choose their favorite and if that is too tough for them then they would just go with what they listen to the most.

You like Nirvana then right?

Final First

Feb 13, 2012
I am appalled that classical/romance isn't on the list.

OT: Music of the baroque, classical or romantic periods. I favor Beethoven so I would say I enjoy the romantic period more.

EDIT: Fixed a horrible spelling mistake.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
OZWIN said:
Smeatza said:

I tried fitting as many options as I could, didn't want to leave out any of the main genres. I figured one could choose their favorite and if that is too tough for them then they would just go with what they listen to the most.

That I do.
I went with Rock/Alternative as that's what I've listened to for the longest time but these days most of the aformentioned genres get equal play time on my mp3 player.

blaza

Nov 26, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
Well, It's not like I exclusively listen to it by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd probably have to vote for the metulz. My favourite band is Anthrax, but my general tastes at the moment seem to have drifted a lot into metalcore/hardcore territory. Stuff like Killswitch Engage, Maylene & The Sons of Disaster or Every Time I Die. Metalcore tends to be 95% arse though, it's a bit saturated at the moment with crap like Bring Me The Horizon.
You should try Memphis May Fire then. They're metalcore, but have a southern/jazzy "swag" (as they call it) to their music. It's less prominent in their newest album The Hollow but the album their releasing next month is a mix again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c1HQJ069N0
Not sure how to embed.

My favorite genres would be hardcore and punk, and some metalcore. I love bands like Rise Against, Stick to Your Guns, Silverstein, Memphis May Fire, Bury Tomorrow, etc.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Final First said:

OT: Musical of the baroque, classical or romantic periods. I favor Beethoven so I would say I enjoy the romantic period more.
That depends on what era of Beethoven you're talking about. If you're talking 5th Symphony onward, I'd say you have a more romantic leaning for sure. His first few symphonies were very classical.

OT: Classical music, particularly Opera and art song of all kinds. (English, Lieder, etc.)And outside of that, probably rock and jazz.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
Psychedelic Rock. It's amazing, creative, and genius! Without it, music would have stayed in the safe Rock/Pop and Folk ways, and there wouldn't be any Heavy Metals, Alternative Rock, or Electronic Music.
My friend, have you heard Porcupine Tree? They are a progressive rock outfit but have dabbled in other musical genres

Final First

Feb 13, 2012
GartarkMusik said:
Final First said:

OT: Musical of the baroque, classical or romantic periods. I favor Beethoven so I would say I enjoy the romantic period more.
That depends on what era of Beethoven you're talking about. If you're talking 5th Symphony onward, I'd say you have a more romantic leaning for sure. His first few symphonies were very classical.
That is true. I said I liked the romantic period more because I listen to Beethoven's later works more often than his earlier pieces.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
Other: Death metal \m/ has no business being grouped with such lesser genres as hard rock, punk, hair metal, metalcore, grindcore, etc.
I'm also into some deathcore, thrash, and unblack metal. And whatever the hell White Zombie is.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Southern, balla, and thug rap/hip-hop. And Screwed and Chopped. My favorite type of rap though, is clowning rap where they just use wordplay to make jokes and puns.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Metal (especially prog and power), followed by Celtic Folk.
I have eclectic tastes...

OZWIN

May 14, 2012
Smeatza said:
OZWIN said:
Smeatza said:

That I do.
I went with Rock/Alternative as that's what I've listened to for the longest time but these days most of the aformentioned genres get equal play time on my mp3 player.
Heart Shaped Box and Lithium just never get old. Unbelievable songs. I'm not a huge rock fan or anything but Nirvana has some good stuff. :)