Poll: Your Favorite Resident Evil Game

chrisw23

Jun 3, 2009
ingsoc said:
The remake of Resident Evil for the Gamecube is absolutely top dog. The original and RE3 are close however. The worst in the series (FPS failures withstanding) has to be RE 4. That game flat out stunk. They should have just changed the name and moved on and 5 is not much better.
your more than welcome to your own opinion but i thought re4 was one of the best games ive played to date.
why do you think so litle of it?
is it just not your thing?

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'd have to go with 1 and 4, 1 might be rose tinted glasses, but it was the first of that type I played, and that moment where it goes to cut scene... and that first zombie looks up from the corpse it was chewing to look at you..and that moment the first time the dogs burst thru a window, top stuff!

I'm guessing I don't have to worry about *spoilers* for resi 1 by now, and if so, here's some other news, it was Bowser who kidnapped princess peach in Mario 1.

Resi 4 I felt was a brilliant updating of the whole Resi series, I still find it tough to aim well with an analog stick, but shouldn't shooting under pressure be kinda tough anyways? ( no this isn't a PC/console shooting derail attempt, just a comment.)

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
ResidentEvil90 said:
Wardog13 said:
Four, to be honest I dont like the original style at all, and neither of them are that scary.
you should try playing RE1 in the dark during a thunderstorm.......i got scared shitless
I find Silent Hill much scarier to be honest.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
Resident Evil 4 FTW!!!
This may have been the best game i have ever played, it was an amazing game for its time, but playing Resident Evil 5 made it seem not quite as good as before, and RE5 isn't quite as good as RE4 WAS at the time, so i feel bad for whoever missed out

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
It appears I'm with the majority.

RE4 had the most replay value to me, and never ceased to be fun. I also enjoyed the dialogue a lot, it was quite hilarious at times.

But I will admit I enjoyed Umbrella Chronicles for all the background information you can gather throughout the game. But for those who aren't nerds who want to know the history I imagine it wouldn't be fun at all. The bosses in that game were pretty silly though. Ah well, we can't have it all.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
I loved Resident Evil 2, but I have to pick Resident Evil 5 in the end because I had a lot of fun playing it through with a friend several times. Co-op makes a world of difference.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
i liked then all but they just did 4 so well ... it was diverse and still always fun (that's very rare in games) replay value was epic, seems no matter how many times i saw them the regenerators always scared the shit out of me ... and the fact that leon was this fearless surpreme badass that's mastered every gun on the face of the planet (and then some) didn't make it any less scary

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Where's Code:Veronica?

I guess 4. I haven't played any of the others yet, so I have no opinion on them.

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
RE5

I'm a special kind of RE nerd. Really enjoyed the RE5 storyline. In an extremely close second though is the very first RE on the Playstation, the game that started it all.

Jun 25, 2009
ResidentEvil90 said:
ingsoc said:
The remake of Resident Evil for the Gamecube is absolutely top dog. The original and RE3 are close however. The worst in the series (FPS failures withstanding) has to be RE 4. That game flat out stunk. They should have just changed the name and moved on and 5 is not much better.
HOW DARE YOU SAY RE4 STUNK!!!!!!!!!
Yh, RE 4 was by far the best RE game, if not one of the best FPS/Horror games of all time. (I know its an over the shoulder shooter, but the same applies as if it were an FPS) RE 5 was terrible tho, it started out good and then went all shitty on us =[ stupid support character, why couldn't she have died instead of that guy who gives you the guns in the 1st cut-scene!

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
For oldschool sake id have to go with RE 1, 2 and 3. But I must admit that thanks to RE5's online possibilities ive been playing that much more than I played any other RE game so far.

ingsoc

Feb 12, 2008
Starting with RE4, the game lost its feel. There is no overarching tension driving the game play. No dread. Neither RE4 or 5 can be considered a survival horror game. They are simply action games now. They should have just changed the name.

blood77

Apr 23, 2008
Well I like most of the REs, but my favorite has to be 4. I played it the most out of any of them, Leon is a cool main character, and my favorite side character in any game Luis Sera.