Poll: Your favourite chocolate company (of these 6 listed)

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011
Yes, I know there are a hell of a lot more than these, but I only know the ones that are reasonably mainstream in Canada (or more specifically, Alberta).

Personally, my favourite is Cadbury, though Lindt is very close. The worst, in my opinion, is Hershey, which tastes tolerable at best (best being the reese cups).

What are yours? Also, are there major manufacturers in your country that I missed?

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
It has to go to Hershey, just for their chocolate syrup alone. That shit was like crack to me, drinking it every day and I was just a few steps shy of injecting it right into my veins. When it comes to chocolate bars on the other hand, Cadbury takes it easily.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Lindt.

There is no other.

EDIT: Okay, those of you who voted Cadbury, go buy yourself a block of Lindt chocolate right now.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Lindt is pretty damn good. Too bad their chocolate is so expensive.

Also, while not on your poll Russell Stover is where it's at for assorted chocolates

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Out of those 6? Cadbury.

What I actually buy: Whittakers as they still sell 250g slabs without any vegetable oil added.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Of those? Lindt, otherwise I tried Amedei the other day and WOW, that stuff is blessed but also around 2½ times the price of Lindt...

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Ok right fuck you all, Cadbury's Dairy Milk is Broken Tier Chocolate and the best food ever created by a human. Unshakable fact dammit!

The fact that I can literally walk out of my house, go like 15 paces across the road, buy a few blocks of it £1 each and get back within 3 minutes helps.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I like Mars..because the Mars bar is my favoritest chocolate bar of all time.

Followed by Cadbury because Boost.

Aug 1, 2010
Ghirardelli.

It's just fucking astounding.

When I was around 5, I won some stupid carnival bear guessing game and got a 5 pound block of Ghirardelli chocolate in the mail.

It was the first and most erotic experience of my life.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Zhukov said:
Lindt.

There is no other.

EDIT: Okay, those of you who voted Cadbury, go buy yourself a block of Lindt chocolate right now.
I can't it "may contain traces of nuts"

Chocolate producers of the world listen, it?s chocolate stop adding nuts to bulk it up, your killing (literally) us!

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Lindt is definitely the best easily-obtained chocolate. Ghirardelli is pretty good too. And Godiva has some lovely truffles, but I have to be near a mall to get them.

Scharffen Berger is probably my favorite, though, just in terms of the flavor of the chocolate itself. I always use it when I bake.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
I honestly can't fathom how anyone can vote for any other option than Lindt.
Unless, of course, they haven't had the fortune to come across them (or health).

An incredibly smooth texture, a near liquid core and a taste that can simply be described as divine.
The only drawbacks would be the price and how they react to higher temperatures. Regular chocolate may melt, but Lindts really melt. Which is good when you're eating it and it's in your mouth, but definitely not so much before.

There's a shop near where I live that's dedicated to Lindt.
When there's a good sale, I'll buy a bag of 100 spheres (mixed or not) for about the equivalent of $25 - 30.
I don't buy chocolate very often, but it's often Lindt when I do. And I make sure to make it last.

Until that fateful day I found them, I had been eating the regular stuff (many of which whom are represented on the poll). Which tastes pretty bad now in broad comparison.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
I voted Cadbury as it's the easiest available here in Australia. I've tried Lindt, but fuck is that shit expensive. Hersheys, what little I had of it, was not bad, but not great. Cadbury gets it due to availability, pricing and that damn good taste.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Only chocolates I know from that list is Mars, so I'll go with that. That and I like it as well.

Some foreign chocolate I enjoy is Tomblerone and Milka.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Cadbury takes the cake. Their Dairy Milk bars are amazing. I understand why so many people are choosing Lindt, but I prefer Cadbury. It's reasonably priced, delicious, and worth every penny. Buying Lindt chocolates makes me feel like I'm burning money, when there are other options that are as good.