Poll: Your favourite chocolate company (of these 6 listed)

keiji_Maeda

May 9, 2012
Your poll discriminates against local brands!

Defy convention, embrace local distributors!

i only eat dark chocolate mixed with liquorice and gold flakes, it's pretty obscure, you've probably never heard aboout it.

Seriously though, my favorite is a danish brand.

Jun 16, 2010
I voted for Cadbury's. But c'mon, we all know what the greatest chocolate is:

Did you know it's illegal in America?
I mean, it's legal to buy a car-mounted machinegun in the US, but not a chocolate egg with a toy inside.

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
tricky , came down in favour of lindt they make the best luxury choc for sure. but i am partial to cadbury especially fruit and nut) as more day to day choc so to speak, and mars celebrations may only come out at christmas but its my fave variety tin.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Let's see, never evn heard of: Lindt or World's favourite, so they're out.

Never had (consciously): Hershey or Cadbury, they're out as well.

So that leaves: Mars, which isn't really a chocolate bar(unless they also make chocolate bars, but I never saw those)

Winner by default: Nestle

Winner for real: Probably Verkade

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I voted Cadbury, and before you start bitching, I have my reasons.
1: Picnic (The Australian Version). Chocolate, Peanuts and Caramel, wrapped in one delightfully fugly package. You Americans don't know what you're missing.
2: Lindt is SO fucking expensive! Like, so expensive that it's nowhere near good enough to be worth it.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Of those, Lindt. I'm not fond of milk chocolate in general, and american dark tends to float around the 50-65% cocoa range. I'm a fan of 85%, so there aren't a whole lot of options for me anymore (there sure as hell were when I was stationed in Europe, though).

Arctodus_Simus

When I say "oo", you say "long"
Aug 23, 2010
Right now, Mars, cause they make Peanut M&M's, my all-time favourite. Cadburys is way overrated. Lindt is pretty nice as a treat, but too rich to be eaten too often, and Hersheys is pants.* I'm honstly struggling to think of a Nestle bar other than Milky Bar (bleh), so that's out.

Who make Snickers? That shits fantastic :)

*Except maybe the almond bars we get here

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Lindt, easily. Are we only considering the quality of it and not the price? If thats the case then it seems unfair to compare Lindt to the others since they aim to be cheaper and more prominant. I buy Cadburys or Mars a lot more often, but that's because of the price. I'm betting most of the people voting for Cadburys and the like haven't tried Lindt before.

Thorntons or Hotel Chocolat would've been better poll options if we're looking to find the best quality of chocolate around.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Lindt's darker chocolate is unbeatable among these brands. Even though I hate their ads.

Auron225 said:
Lindt, easily. Are we only considering the quality of it and not the price? If thats the case then it seems unfair to compare Lindt to the others since they aim to be cheaper and more prominant.
Does "they" refer to Lindt or the others?

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Lindt is overrated and expensive as fuck, Mars is meh tier, Cadbury is not at all popular in Finland, World's Favorite is whothefuck tier around these parts and Hershey is just shit.

So Nestlé wins! Mostly because of Crunch and KitKat. Granted you can't get Crunch in Finland which is a massive crime, but you can in my other glorious homeland of Portugal, and it's the epicest of all chocolates!

Honorable mention goes to the pride of Finland, Fazer. That chocolate is really good too.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
Cadbury, with no contest.
Gimme dat twirl. Or the dairy milk with the nuts. Or a star bar.
Goddammit, OP. I don't have any money for chocolate.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
You can't be seriously preferring Cadbury over Lindt?

That's blasphemy levels of wrong right there.

Edit:

You know why Lindt is so 'expensive' compared to some of those other brands you've chosen to like out of reasons other than taste alone? Because those cheap melonfarmers sell you soy and sunflower oil and denatured vegetable fats instead of the real stuff. Real, proper chocolate is pretty much still made of the same ingredients today as it was a hundred years back, and it's one of nature's more special treats and pick-me-ups.

You can't and shouldn't go cheap on chocolate. Ever.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a Snickers or Mars or Twix or Kit-Kat or a Peanut Butter Cup every once in a while, but that's just no proper chocolate. You need to know and acknowledge that.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
James Joseph Emerald said:
I voted for Cadbury's. But c'mon, we all know what the greatest chocolate is:

Did you know it's illegal in America?
I mean, it's legal to buy a car-mounted machinegun in the US, but not a chocolate egg with a toy inside.
I dunno, I had a Kinder Surprise for the first time in my life a few months back, the chocolate itself was terrible

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
As much as I like the lindor spheres by Lindt, I feel like they're a one trick pony. The regular milk chocolate is fine, but like someone else mentioned it melts too easily because of all the extra vegetable oils they inject into it.

Went and voted for Nestle, because of Kit Kat. Have you ever gone to Japan and had a Japanese kit kat? They have like 200 varieties, the favourite of which I tried is matcha tea. Stay far away from European cheese however.

sir neillios

Dec 15, 2012
A two horse race this, and at my time of voting, they were neck and neck! I'll take the cadburys myself, and now this thread has made me want to go buy some, dammit escapist! My diet was going well too!

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Putting a vote to Cadbury.
Dunno about other places but in Australia it's the cheapest 'good' chocolate you can get. Most things better then Cadbury tend to cost an exorbitant amount, get labelled 'gourmet' and can only be bought in full-on chocolate shops.

Nestle would be a close second, then perhaps Lindt.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I generally like Cadbury for the same reason Yahtzee does: CHOCOLATE EGGS. Seriously, they're great. And they hands-down beat Hershey's in the mini-egg department as well. Seriously, the only thing I like about Hershey's these days is their Symphony bars, which don't hold a candle to some of the better chocolates out there.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
putowtin said:
Zhukov said:
Lindt.

There is no other.

EDIT: Okay, those of you who voted Cadbury, go buy yourself a block of Lindt chocolate right now.
I can't it "may contain traces of nuts"

Chocolate producers of the world listen, it?s chocolate stop adding nuts to bulk it up, your killing (literally) us!
Well they're not actually... they just make the regular chocolate bars in the same factory as the ones with nuts in them... so there are bound to be some cross contamination from sharing name space...<.<

OT: I'll go with Cadbury... I had one of their kinder eggs before, which are technically illegal over here...<.<

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Lindt all the way. I don't buy it, but I get enough of it as presents to appreciate it semi-regularly. It's so good I knew what I'd pick before the page loaded, and sure enough, the option was there.

And hey, the Joker had it in his pocket, can't beat that.