Poll: Your friend invited, you not, despite you standing beside him/her?

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
It's only really happened to me when I don't really know the person who's inviting the guy, so it doesn't really matter.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Yeah. my friend turn those cunts down. he's a bro.

of course the next day we (myself and my group of friends not including him) mercilessly made fun of him and asked him if he had to ask his mother to get his balls out of her purse.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
It happened to me all the time at high school, mostly because people had established that I always refused invitations. Even if it were to happen before they came to realise I am completely disinterested in spending time with them, I couldn't bring myself to be offended because I would only decline anyway.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
One or two times in High School but I didn't care nor did I wanted to go anyway. They were having a New Years party meaning alot of booze which I cannot stand. I was glad I didn't go to it at all (also no they weren't eaxactly good friends to start of with so I didn't feel offended that I didn't get invited).

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Wouldn't get offended in that situation, i'd be more worried if my friends had to go behind my back to make arrangements without me.

If it's done in plain view, nothing to get offended about, the person just didn't want to invite you for whatever reason (sometimes you do just really want to talk to 1 person rather then a couple)and trusted you enough not to get offended by it (if she has social sense, then if not the person was rude/did a social faux pas there).

Don't worry about it too much ^^

May 29, 2011
Happened once. Hated the guy asking, and my friend said no.

Probably wouldn't care though. I hate parties, and hanging out with people I barely know in general. Well maybe hate is a rather strong word, I'd just rather play video games at home.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Reet72 said:
I have never been in such a situation. Possibly because I don't like to go out. Or because people don't like me. Or maybe cos I have no friends. Actaully it's most likely because I don't leave the house ever...
Oh hey, a brother.

This is pretty much me, too. So...no, never had this problem.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, but that's how it is. My friends (including myself) have friends that they interact with in other environments or situations (such as work, study group, lectures, etc.), so it's reasonable that they might invite their friend and not the friend's friend (me).

Doesn't bug me in the slightest.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
They were his friend more than yours?
Then it makes sense she'd want to see him for coffee without you.

I hang out with my guy friends all of the time without their girlfriends and my boyfriend. Sometimes it's nice to just see your friends without their other half whom you don't know that well, it can make it a little awkward. It doesn't mean she doesn't like you or that she's after your boyfriend it just means she wants to go for coffee with him.
Don't over think it.