Poll: your house is on fire who/what do you save your dog or your console?

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Dog. A million times over, Dog. A life has more value than a hunk of plastic and circuitry. Hell, I bond with animals easily, especially dogs; I'd run back into the burning building to get him out if need be.

Mugen Weston

Jan 4, 2011
my dogs live outside, however for this discussion, if they were trapped in my flaming house, i'd easily save them over my console

Xenomemphate

Jul 16, 2010
Chances are, it would be my dogs that save me though. They would know something is wrong, as animals tend to do, and start barking waking someone up (assuming this is at night). We would then get them out of the house and depending on the fire, size, strength, I may try to stop it (we have a few fire extinguishers and blankets and the stuff, as well as having been taught how to fight a fire properly) as well as alerting the fire department, who would take around 10 minutes to get here probably...

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Erm... computer. Worth more, has way more games, and does a hell of a lot more than any of my consoles, and I don't have a dog. I'd probably save my cat before my computer, though.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Too bad they quit those memory cards huh?

I would save my bunny rabbit everytime, even though he was only 3 bucks..

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
I don't have a dog but if I did I've save him first, assuming he was a good dog. I'd probably pick my DS up to though thats not exactly heavy and I have ~500 hours over various Pokemon games I am not willing to lose.

It'd be the save games more than the console I'd be upset about though, just hope the Hard drive survives I guess, even if the console doesn't. D:

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Don't have a dog, but I still wouldn't save my console, those are very easily replaced. Hell, the games would be harder to replace.

Don't know what I'd actually try to save. Maybe my computer, or at least the hard drives.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
vrbtny said:
Consoles can be replaced.

Loyal companion dogs who have been with you most of your life can't be.
Agreed, I've lost pets in the past and it really isn't something that I ever want to have to go through again. To lose a good pet is to lose a friend and family member in one. A friend or family member that would give its life for yours without hesitation.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Don't save either, makes it easier to cry and collect the insurance money.

Just kidding. You can't save either because you are too busy saving your PC & mini fridge.

:p

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I'll save my "dog". I haven't been using my 360 much lately anyways, and I could always just buy a new one.
I love my cat, after all.

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
Thing with pets is that they can get injured and require you to pay out a lot of money, so if you're not prepared for that then you shouldn't get a pet. It's sort of a "would you spend a couple of hundred pounds to save your cat/dog?" question, and the answer should always be yes.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
My dogs.
No question about it.
If my computer or console were destroyed, they can just be replaced.
My dogs can't.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
dday4you said:
i dont have a dog so i'll save my console. :)

And no, I don't have a cat either. Or any pet.

If you asked me whether I would save my console or a family member, well then, that's a more difficult choice.

Kidding, I'd definitely save the family member.

An actually difficult choice would be whether to save my console or my laptop. Don't make me answer that one.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
My dog's already dead and turned to ash so good luck with that fire. If my do WASN'T dead I'd save him... and my PC. If only one I'd go dog. Because since I do off site backups (as I'm sure all of you do too) that would mean UPGRADE WITH THE INSURANCE MONEY :D

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
My dog is small, and my PS3 is broken. I could get my DSi, my harddrive, my Ps2, and my dog all in one fell swoop. Infact, I could probably do that and save my house too, considering it's almost all right next to each other.

But, if it were really only one thing, of course I'd save my dog.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
My dog is about 15 years old, so the shock of the house being on fire would probably kill her anyway. However, I consider my console to be less important than my firearms, considering the combined value of them is probably around $2000, and i only have about 500 wrapped up in my ps3. Save that which costs the most to replace, says I.

EDIT: bullets... gotta prevent the large stockpile from blowing the house up.
Probably gonna have to make 2 trips.