Poll: your house is on fire who/what do you save your dog or your console?

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
YOUM@D123 said:
titles is pretty self explanatory

ps: dog is trapped under (light) wood so no ''dog saves itself stuff''

pss: sorry if for some reason there isn't a poll
Being that I have no dog... I'd grab the Xbox under one arm, and the hamster in my other hand... the Wii would suffer (sadly) and the computer... well I have a backup of its hard drive and it's a really REALLY tough beast... at worst I'd have to get new monitors/keyboard/mouse/cam/headset

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
DarkShadow144 said:
Dogs, I can always replace my xbox and pc
You can replace a dog. It won't be "your" dog, surely, but it wouldn't be "your" console either -- all the data would be wiped, you see.

OT: I hate how whenever this kind of question comes up, the bulk of the thread is devoted to pointing out an alternative that saves both or straw man's the argument so that the answer is no longer a dilemma. This would be the "Insurance covers console, TF the least is lost by saving the dog," or "Dog saves itself" response. The problem is that it doesn't answer the underlying question, which in this case is a question of value between man's best friend and the paranoid parent's worst enemy. It's incredibly glib (no matter how clever you think you're being) to dodge the question by applying a practical solution.

In my case, I'd also save my dog, but mostly because it can suffer. In all honesty, if this were a decision between giving one or the other to charity, I'd save my console. But because it involves suffering as a consequence for whichever you don't pick, it's not just a question of "which do you like more?" The negative value of allowing an animal to suffer (especially one that I love) exceeds any positive value I attribute to having my console intact.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Don't have a dog anymore but given the choice between saving dog or console the dog would win every time! That's why we have home insurance people.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
Well I'm at college right now so my dog is not with me but if I were back home and both were around I'd save the dog. Despite the fact that she's really damn old, she's still a living thing. My playstation is not. As much as I'd miss the save data, the dog is infinitely more important.

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
I'm going to say my Dragon Trees (Dog). I've had it for years and i'd be sad if it burnt to a crisp.... Yes I like my plant :/.

The console can be replaced by home insurance... I'd never be able to get the same trees.

PS. I named them Goku and Vegeta because one of them is shorther and angry looking!

cl20

Nov 12, 2009
vrbtny said:
Consoles can be replaced.

Loyal companion dogs who have been with you most of your life can't be.
for everything else there's mastercard

Zarmi

Jul 16, 2010
Stupid question. Dog, always.

If you choose to save your console, I feel sorry for your dog, and I reckon you should burn instead. Have a nice day. :D

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
My dog is pretty small, so he might not get trapped. besides, he's my sisters, and she ADORES him, so she might do the saving. But in the case I had to, I'd hurl the light thing out and try to get my console as quickly as possible.

But in reality, I care more for my travel drive, so I'd yank that out and then get my dog. It's not even the size of my palm. My brother has plenty of games, and he always beats them, so I could crash there and play on his save files. *Evil smile*

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
D: THE DOG

I can buy another console. I love my doggins, and he loves me :3