Poll: Your opinion on interracial relationships?

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
The Austin said:
ICanBreakTheseCuffs said:
The Austin said:
Uhhh... I really don't see how anyone could be offended by them.

That's like taking offence to a BLT because it mixes bacon and tomatoes.
How did I know someone would say that?

OT:I support all the way
I'm from the future. You were going to say it, but I thought it was funny, so I went through time and I stole it from you. :p
fuck

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
notsosavagemessiah said:
THE FOLLOWING IS THE HONEST TRUTH, SINCE THEY ASKED THE QUESTION
in all honesty (and i'm sure this is going to get me hated on all kinds) i kind of don't like it when i see a black man with anybody else other then a black woman. I know that sounds racist, but really i have no other qualms with people of any race being with anybody else. I don't hate black people otherwise either. Anybody out there possibly explain this to me? Because it bugs me a lot that i have those kinds of feelings. Also, i agree that it's an acceptable thing to have a black man be with somebody that isn't, i'm ok with it, it just bugs me when i see it.
I think that you might just have an issue with black people. Which is a little odd considering that racism isn't exactly known for being exclusive to one race, although it does happen from time to time. My guess is that either a black person wronged you or someone close to you and now you associate that with all black people. It's sort of like stereotyping, but on a more personal level. It's a sort of conditioned response.

Also, the fact that it bothers you...I don't think you're racist. You realize that it's wrong, so you're not actively trying to hate on them. As I said in the previous paragraph, I think it's a subconscious thing and probably nothing to worry about unless you start thinking increasingly violent thoughts and a mounting urge to fulfill them.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I didn't even know it was a problem anymore.
So, as you may have guessed, I ain't got no problem with 'em.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
I'm in an interracial relationship right now as a matter of fact. My dad hates it. My mom hates it. But I'm happy.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Treefingers said:
Being the offspring of one, i fully support it. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't, other than because they are a massive douche.

EDIT: Support/Not caring either way are the same imo. I'm not like some kind of activist for pro interracial relationships (i'm not sure that anyone is...?), but obviously i don't oppose them either.

What i mean is, i feel exactly the same about interracial relationships as i do about a couple of the same race.
This sums it up nicely. :)

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
Back when I was working at a resturaunt I would see them almost everyday. I could care less. Plus the only realationship I ever "went for" would have been one.
Plus the closest thing my sister has ever had to a relationship would have been too. Maybe that's our problem because my brother has no problems getting white girls.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I'm Swiss, aka some white boy, and my girlfriend is Chinese, aka azn gurl. So obviously I don't have a problem with it. I mean, it's not really up to you, consciously, who you fall in love with. And it's only making stronger genes since you're not breeding with some long lost cousin.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
I have no problem with it, if you have a real connection with someone it's nothing to be discourraged about if they're from a different race.

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
i seriously dont know why it would matter.

white girls cant get the same size dick from a white guy as they can from a black guy
white men cant get the same ass on a white girl that they can from a black girl
(Sexual preferences ^)

love who you want and fuck the haters

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I don't see them in any way different to same-race relationships.

Admittedly so far I've only dated other white people but race doesn't come into it.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
I exist because of them. Why should anyone give a shit what two people's backgrounds are when they're in love?

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I have nothing against interracial relationships between other people, though i doubt i'd ever get married across these so called "races"... but, hey, you never know.

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
Maybe it's because I moved from Maine to Maryland, but I never really thought about it. Who gives a damn (except grumpy old white people?)

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
Good for them. Why does it matter what their skin looks like, did we suddenly timewarp back to the fifties?

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
SimuLord said:
This is where subconscious racism rears its ugly head with me.

I was raised in a lily-white town (as in, we had one black-white mixed-race family and a few Chinese folks who mainly ran restaurants. According to the Census Bureau via Wikipedia:

"96.94% White, 0.45% Black or African American, 0.08% Native American, 1.43% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.20% from other races, and 0.90% from two or more races." (2000 census)

And my high school was a hotbed of racism thanks to forced busing (or "school integration", if you prefer.) I was a member of a hate group myself (I got better.)

When you've got that drilled into your head from childhood that interracial relationships are wrong or unnatural or a good excuse to vent some teenage-boy frustration and beat the shit out of a black kid without the principal giving two shits (and I'm from the Northeast!)...

Well, it's gonna lead to certain visceral reactions as an adult. And I just can't get past that drilled-in-childhood revulsion at the sight of an interracial couple (and indeed, it's black guy-white girl that triggers that response in me---if I see a black guy with an Asian or an Asian with a white or any other combination, it doesn't register as unusual with me.)

I'm sorry, I really am. I try very hard to move past that. But if any black people (I won't say "African-Americans" because I'm sure an African in the UK or a Jamaican or...you get the idea...reading this would take offense) want to hate me for that, I honestly don't blame you. And if you've any advice for becoming more accepting, I'm open to it.
It takes a lot of strength to admit (especially on the internet) I applaud you. You seem to really want to change so all I can think of is to try to learn about other races and interact with them. Try to learn what other races have done to better your everyday life. Other races have created many things that we take for granted: Asians have created gunpowder (gun fan? thank them!), a Hispanic person created an early color TV (and we all use those!), and someone black was heavily involved in creating open heart surgery. All races contributed something wonderful to this world.

OT: Call me a flower child, hippie, or what have you but I don't see color anymore. I believe all races as beautiful. As long as someone treats me right I'll do the same regardless of where they're from. I feel happy when I see an interracial couple. They love each other it's a wonderful thing! And if someone who's black (as I am) tells me "as a black woman how do you feel when you see a black man with a [insert race here] woman?" I tell them the same thing "I didn't want him".

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
MasterOfWorlds said:
notsosavagemessiah said:
THE FOLLOWING IS THE HONEST TRUTH, SINCE THEY ASKED THE QUESTION
in all honesty (and i'm sure this is going to get me hated on all kinds) i kind of don't like it when i see a black man with anybody else other then a black woman. I know that sounds racist, but really i have no other qualms with people of any race being with anybody else. I don't hate black people otherwise either. Anybody out there possibly explain this to me? Because it bugs me a lot that i have those kinds of feelings. Also, i agree that it's an acceptable thing to have a black man be with somebody that isn't, i'm ok with it, it just bugs me when i see it.
I think that you might just have an issue with black people. Which is a little odd considering that racism isn't exactly known for being exclusive to one race, although it does happen from time to time. My guess is that either a black person wronged you or someone close to you and now you associate that with all black people. It's sort of like stereotyping, but on a more personal level. It's a sort of conditioned response.

Also, the fact that it bothers you...I don't think you're racist. You realize that it's wrong, so you're not actively trying to hate on them. As I said in the previous paragraph, I think it's a subconscious thing and probably nothing to worry about unless you start thinking increasingly violent thoughts and a mounting urge to fulfill them.
that's just it, i know plenty of black people and have no issues with them or their families, and yet if it's somebody i don't know, i find it kind of repulsive, it's weird. Also, black people on their own don't bother me.